• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

(Mod Note: Read First Post! Updated 6/1/13) Game Freak "expanding Pokémon world"

What do you want and what do you expect?

• I expect and want Gen. VI

Votes: 61 49.2%
  • I expect and want R/S remalkes

Votes: 16 12.9%
  • I expect Gen. VI, but I'd like R/S remakes

Votes: 35 28.2%
  • I expect R/S remakes, but I want Gen. VI

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • I expect some spinoff game for Wii U or something like that

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I don't expect it will be anything important at all

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
The recently released issue of Nintendo Dream magazine contains a New Year card signed by Game Freak. In it, they promise to "do their best to work toward the next evolution of the Pokémon world" (see source for the Japanese quote).

It's a somewhat vague statement, but I think it's relatively clear that they're referencing a new generation.

MOD EDIT:
Just putting some ground rules here:

1) Discussion about YellowGiant and his "leak" is banned. Any discussion of it will be treated as a Pointless Post.
It's very, very, very likely that his original leak was fake, regardless of whether his admitting to it is real or fake (and frankly, who cares?). He actually joined this forum last night and made a simple post cursing you all for making no one believe him and that he "wanted to be famous". I quickly killed the post and banned him - so it's obvious that all he wants is "internet fame", so let's not give him that. We'll find out on Tuesday if he was making it all up (which I'm betting he was).

2) Please don't spam GIFs
Yes, we know they can sometimes be funny or whatnot, but I don't want to see them all the time. A post that has a GIF and little else that adds to the discussion will be treated as a pointless post.

3) Please don't ask what time the announcement will be made
We're all as excited as you are, but constantly asking or posting when the announcement will be made does nothing but disrupt and spam the thread. Posts asking about when the announcement will be made will be treated as a pointless post.

The announcement will be shown in a ten minute "Pokémon Direct" tomorrow (8th January) from 11am GMT (12pm CET, 6am EST, 3am PST, 8pm Japan time).

Also, while I know that this is an exciting period for us all (Each day feels like a week for me, personally) calm down. The Bulbagarden staff will not tolerate any kind of abusive behaviour towards other members. This thread has already been closed once and it is out of my kindness of not wanting a few bad eggs to spoil it for the good majority that I am re-opening this, so don't make me regret it.

Play Safe!

- Joshawott

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Game Freak promise to expand the Pokémon world next year

Sweet. Can't wait to really use my 3DS!

(Maybe even justify buying a 3DS XL for trading eventually)

Hope the new Gen has better pokemon, if they do make one

Not too surprising. Everyone has been guessing Gen 6 will come next year.

So a new generation is coming next year. Wasn't it obvious by now?

Gen 5 has looked pretty done for a while now, so I'm not surprised. Now we just wait and see if this is Gen 6 or some sort of crazy curveball.

Well I guess that's that, gen 6 is likely coming then. Would be nice though if this means something else, as evolving the series could also mean doing something different for once....

Not surprising in the slightest; I think a lot of us had figured the introduction of a new generation would begin next year. Like others here, I'm just excited to finally get some real use out of my 3DS!

Welp, I guess this means having to fork out for a 3DS soon. It'll all be worth it in the end at least, I can't wait for the pre-release reveals to start.

WHOA. JUST WHOA. Now they should reveal new pokemon!

Believe it or not, there was a rather vocal and still adamant camp for Ru/Sa remakes. If we're lucky, we'll find out by January, but they could still hold out until February.

I just hope that the Generation 6 Pokémon are truely original not just species wise but design wise as well. I think one of the reasons I never felt the Generation 5 Pokémon was that they mirrored Generation 1 not that it's a bad thing but I would of liked something original. Also if there going to give Old Pokémon evolutions I hope they do it right or not do it at all just look at the hack job's they did with Lickitung and Tangela in Generation 4.

Yay! Gen 6 Gen 6 Gen 6! Or even another remake...no....yeah. Just a new game ^_^ Yay!

Interesting statement...though maybe they are referring to a completely new spinoff; not generation 6. I just hope they don't include anything that will make my mind go insane. *looks at Pokemon Rumble Blast and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity*

Believe it or not, there was a rather vocal and still adamant camp for Ru/Sa remakes. If we're lucky, we'll find out by January, but they could still hold out until February.

That vocal minority will not only continue beyond this, but will remain delusional enough to think Hoenn will be in the Gen 6 games when they're announced. The fact that "HOENN CONFIRMED" was once a serious concept is proof of this.

Interesting statement...though maybe they are referring to a completely new spinoff; not generation 6. I just hope they don't include anything that will make my mind go insane. *looks at Pokemon Rumble Blast and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity*

GameFreak doesn't make spinoffs... The games they make are either main series or not Pokemon period.

Oh, right. My mistake.

Last edited:

I certainly think that they are referencing to the 6th Generation with this message not any Ruby and Sapphire Remakes. I think the keyword here is evolution as Silktree posted from the quote.

This definitely sounds like the sixth generation will come out next year. That wouldn't be surprising considering that I don't think that they can make the fifth generation last that much longer. I don't think that they would be referring to R/S remakes, but I could see them releasing them later on in the next generation. At least I'll be playing my 3DS much more often than I do now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom