• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

(Mod Note: Read First Post! Updated 6/1/13) Game Freak "expanding Pokémon world"

What do you want and what do you expect?

• I expect and want Gen. VI

Votes: 61 49.2%
  • I expect and want R/S remalkes

Votes: 16 12.9%
  • I expect Gen. VI, but I'd like R/S remakes

Votes: 35 28.2%
  • I expect R/S remakes, but I want Gen. VI

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • I expect some spinoff game for Wii U or something like that

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I don't expect it will be anything important at all

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Game Freak promise to expand the Pokémon world next year

Game Freak is full of surprises, so I'm excited to see what everyone over there comes up with!

How about "Pokemon Plutonium and Uranium Versions"? lolol it'll never happen.

Personally I'd like to see something more original, that has nothing to do with colors, metals and gemstones.

How about "Pokemon Plutonium and Uranium Versions"? lolol it'll never happen.

Personally I'd like to see something more original, that has nothing to do with colors, metals and gemstones.

Pokemon Triassic and Jurassic Versions.

Personally I want a new trend, something that GF hasn't done before. Like Pokemon Terra & Aqua for example, or Eclipse & Solar. Something that'll surprise the fans, yet still fit in with the series we know.

Perhaps Pokemon Ring and Cross versions?

Oh wait, Robopon already did that long ago.

Pokemon Crimson & Topaz sound the best IMO.

The troll would be Pokemon Gray (Mewtwo) VS Pokemon Purple (Genesect).
Just kiddin', but Crimson and Scarlet are the interesting one.

Crimson and Scarlet are both shades of read. Now if you said Cobalt and Scarlet, that fits. Personally, I think we're gonna get Pokemon Bronze and Iron for starters, cause I also believe GF's gonna do what Gen 5 did and parallel the gen 1 naming scheme and what not.

Wow! I'm so excited for Gen 6!!! New Pokemon and hopefully new game mechanics!! I doubt there will ever be R/S/E remakes though.

I don't get where people get that we're entitled to a remake every generation. To me that just seems silly, cause by that logic we'll have a remake of Diamond and Pearl in like 3-4 years. Red/Blue and Gold/Silver needed remakes because the pokemon in them could no longer be transferred to the newer gens. Ruby and Sapphire can trade up just fine still. Ontop of that you can catch most if not all the ruby and sapphire pokemon in the new gens. Me personally i'm of the camp that disliked Ruby and Sapphire, they did some things right (version exclusive evil teams), and some things very wrong (removal of day and night cycles).

While I do believe the news will be of the next gen and not RS remakes, I still think there is merit to that idea. Compatability isn't the only issue with why they had to remake gens 1&2. I think aesthetics have a lot to do with it. Of course there really is the argument that a remake of RS would also entail a remake of FRLG. But to be honest, those are the two games so far that just don't fit at the moment. You can play DP or HGSS and notice no real difference graphics wise. But playing the GBA games right now are pretty hard aesthetically speaking. They are just so far behind where we are now, even though they do have full color, and other things that were pretty great aesthetically at that time.

So yeah. I haven't seen people say they think FRLG will get remakes, thus giving the original games a second remake, but it's something I think will happen at some point. I mean it is just another way for GF to stick their hands in our pockets. Until they give us multiple regions in a single game, discounting shit Kanto in the Johto games, I think people should actually be discussing RB reremakes just as much as they should be discussing RS ones. Just go ahead and give us Red Ruby and Blue Sapphire. Kill two birds with one stone and throw those regions out of modern obscurity.

Again, I'm very much in the boat that Gen VI is very much the next thing down the pipe, but just throwing this out there for discussion, as it's something I don't really ever seen touched upon.

Get psyched for Pokemon Stop & Pokemon Go!

Last edited:

That's just the page the announcement will be on. It doesn't reveal anything so far.

I still wonder why they're waiting until Tuesday of all days. What would be wrong with today?

At least we're now certain the announcement is about Pokemon, a few more days to go before the announcement!

SO next Tuesday? Yay can't wait! (?Half expecting GF to be major trolls and reveal R/S Remakes and Gen VI at the same time XD)

(?Half expecting GF to be major trolls and reveal R/S Remakes and Gen VI at the same time XD)
The more you say that, the more I think you're being serious.

Partially... I mean seriously GF has been on a trolling streak for awhile I have no idea what to expect since combined with GF trying to top Tite Kubo as King Troll Gen V has been the most insane generation yet...

They didn't troll us by releasing sequels. It was a logical move that some of us had actually anticipated.

I just hope that if it is a remake of Ruby and Sapphire, than it isn't on the 3DS. That's probs just being mean to everyone that has one and wants to use it, but if it is on 3DS, I have to somehow fork together some money to buy 3DS and Ruby, because Ruby was my first and favorite (pokemon) game ever.

If R/S remakes are planned, they certainly won't announce them at the exact same time as Gen 6, thats insane. ̶P̶o̶k̶e̶m̶o̶n̶ ̶B̶r̶o̶n̶z̶e̶ ̶&̶ ̶I̶r̶o̶n̶ ̶V̶e̶r̶s̶i̶o̶n̶s̶ The Gen 6 paired versions and the new Pokemon that they introduce will get all the attention and marketing.

Trolling would be announcing some side game or BW2 event.

& Yes, they all will and should be on the 3DS... :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom