• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

(Mod Note: Read First Post! Updated 6/1/13) Game Freak "expanding Pokémon world"

What do you want and what do you expect?

• I expect and want Gen. VI

Votes: 61 49.2%
  • I expect and want R/S remalkes

Votes: 16 12.9%
  • I expect Gen. VI, but I'd like R/S remakes

Votes: 35 28.2%
  • I expect R/S remakes, but I want Gen. VI

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • I expect some spinoff game for Wii U or something like that

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I don't expect it will be anything important at all

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Game Freak promise to expand the Pokémon world next year

I just hope that if it is a remake of Ruby and Sapphire, than it isn't on the 3DS. That's probs just being mean to everyone that has one and wants to use it, but if it is on 3DS, I have to somehow fork together some money to buy 3DS and Ruby, because Ruby was my first and favorite (pokemon) game ever.

Why exactly would that be mean? The Nintendo DS is almost 10 years old. Nintendo will have to move on eventually. I really want to get a 3DS, but I am choosing to wait because there aren't any games that I'm interested in. I'm just waiting for them to announce the new main series Pokemon games so I can finally jump ship!

I think they won't troll us now, because of the new official page for the announcement.

Hopefully it's 6. Generation or maingame related.

I'm so excited. :)

The Nintendo DS is almost 10 years old.

Actually the DS is just over 6 years old. Not 10.

The DS came out in 2004. It's much closer to 10 years old than 6.

Lets just settle on 8, you know, because that's what it is.

I really don't see how innovative these new games will be graphically. I know they'll surprise me with something, but even going to the 3DS I don't think there's too much they can do to improve graphics without departing from the standard styles we've had in pokemon games since the beginning. Throw in some 3D on the top screen, but really that's something a lot of people probably don't even play with turned on.

And as far as being a 3DS owner just looking for something new to play and therefore hoping for any new game, be it Gen VI or RSEmakes, I'm definitely not in that category. I went out and bought one the other day for pretty much one reason, to replace my original DS which no longer holds a charge and has a lost charger so that I can trade between pokemon games. Getting the Kami trio as an added bonus didn't hurt. People who own 3DSes know what they got themselves into with a system that really doesn't yet have too much to offer.

I will be pissed off if this somehow ends up not being main game related.

It is worth mentioning that the official website hasn't really been updated in two weeks, which is very unusual. Today's update was limited to uploading the teaser page.

It is worth mentioning that the official website hasn't really been updated in two weeks, which is very unusual. Today's update was limited to uploading the teaser page.

I do wonder if it means something.

It implies that something big is coming, but then the URL is telling enough (Important Announcement).

Does anyone know when the official website tends to be updated on non-Friday days? I remember that the B2W2 animated trailer was supposed to be officially uploaded at 7PM JST as opposed to 3PM (the usual Friday time). Is it reasonable to assume that the page will be updated at 3PM at the earliest? You'd think that they'd just tell us the hour since they're making us wait.

It's sad when people forget that Pokemon Games must move on, for god's sake it's done it like 3 times already. Save up your money and buy a new handheld.

Well since it's on a random day it's too hard to tell. Id say it's likely to be updated before 3pm if they really want the buzz about it to get around the whole entire day, but that's just speculation.

Someone on Gamefaqs took note of the page source which has a countdown embedded in it:
/*
CountDown Unit
*/
#important_announce #cdUnit{
position: relative;
width: 480px;
height: 63px;
margin: 0 auto;
background: url(/ex/important_announce/images/page_cd_bg.png) no-repeat 0 0;
}

So we can assume that a countdown is going to be added at a later date.

It implies that something big is coming, but then the URL is telling enough (Important Announcement).

Does anyone know when the official website tends to be updated on non-Friday days? I remember that the B2W2 animated trailer was supposed to be officially uploaded at 7PM JST as opposed to 3PM (the usual Friday time). Is it reasonable to assume that the page will be updated at 3PM at the earliest? You'd think that they'd just tell us the hour since they're making us wait.

It updates with CoroCoro contents when the 15th is not on Friday, I also remember the website rarely making updates on non-Fridays, though I forgot what day is it.

Hopefully. I really don't want to have to bother refreshing the page or waking up earlier than I should.

Honestly, announcements should be spontaneous. If they're hyped up days in advance, they lose their momentum.

The fact they are actually hyping this up now, I really think that if it is related to the games that they will actually announce the games rather than just announce a new gen like they did in Jan 2010. They didn't hype up the 2010 Gen V announcement, they just came out and said that brand new games will be released later on in the year. To put a big notice on the official site, plug it on TV and put a countdown just to announce new games are coming later this year seems rather odd. It definitely seems like if it is game related, that they will actually announce the actual games - which leads me to believe that if it is Gen VI, we may get it in June/July so they can role out an international release before the year is over too.

My motto is: Trust no one's motives, least of all those of corporate companies. The hype may mean that they'll be generous enough to give us titles this time around (as hardly anything can be inferred from them), but I wouldn't take that to mean anything (Diamond and Pearl's titles were revealed two years in advance). Movie 16 being a Best Wishes movie means that the games will be released in late July at the earliest, but frankly it is very unlikely that they will be released before September as it wouldn't make sense to have a Best Wishes movie run at the same time as a new anime series. If memory serves, the movies stop being promoted in September.

As for an international release, they could just release the games in December 3-3.5 months after the Japanese release date.

Last edited:

I'm sure the countdown will be here after Today's Pokemon Smash. So Masuda won't announce anything but will hint this announcement.
I hope we won't be disappointed, because we're expecting main games news.
In my opinion, we will get the names and the logo.
If Game Freak wants to troll us, they would announce new GEN V games but i'm pretty sure it will be about gen 6.

Last edited:

You are all getting me excited with this speculation. To think that within just a few days we could have the titles of Gen VI, or possibly even the first Gen VI pokemon on our hands. I can't fucking wait!!

They didn't troll us by releasing sequels. It was a logical move that some of us had actually anticipated.
I still can't believe the fact that I was right about 2 Kyurem formes. Sure, I expected the OG Dragon, or something similar to Kyurem gaining the other powers, but to actually have 2 formes appear was unexpectedly awesome.

The Nintendo DS is almost 10 years old.

Actually the DS is just over 6 years old. Not 10.

The DS came out in 2004. It's much closer to 10 years old than 6.

Lets just settle on 8, you know, because that's what it is.

I really don't see how innovative these new games will be graphically. I know they'll surprise me with something, but even going to the 3DS I don't think there's too much they can do to improve graphics without departing from the standard styles we've had in pokemon games since the beginning. Throw in some 3D on the top screen, but really that's something a lot of people probably don't even play with turned on.

And as far as being a 3DS owner just looking for something new to play and therefore hoping for any new game, be it Gen VI or RSEmakes, I'm definitely not in that category. I went out and bought one the other day for pretty much one reason, to replace my original DS which no longer holds a charge and has a lost charger so that I can trade between pokemon games. Getting the Kami trio as an added bonus didn't hurt. People who own 3DSes know what they got themselves into with a system that really doesn't yet have too much to offer.
The games, as far as I'm concerned, will update significantly. I'm not expecting us to go from B2W2 to like Colosseum but there are a lot of factors we have to consider:
-The top screen size is smaller then the bottom.
That will affect most menus, and the Pokedex and whatever Pokedevice is given to us more importantly will need upgrades. Meaning it was fine to have 2 same sized screens act as a super long one screen wonder in BW2 but with one screen being smaller, expect the dex at least to be more like DPtHGSS with the bottom screen scrolling and the top having the info. Better yet, I'm hoping GF takes this as a note for a Horizontal Pokedex instead of a vertical one.
As well as Menus, take into consideration the battle field. What felt cramped in DPtHGSSBW2 will be elongated horizontally spacing apart the battle screen. Now either that's gonna give em some creative wind to make use of the large screen resolution and screen size to make super nice sprites, or they're gonna go full on revamp and give us a more 3D battle experience, probably ditching the sprites in the process.
-The 3DS runs circles round the DS in processing power.
Its simple really. Whatever we saw in gen 5, more importantly B2W2 which was small aesthetic touches the game, will be significantly updated in the 3DS. We might still have top down, but it will likely be a more animal crossing top down, without the rounded OW of course.
-Analog Stick is gonna screw around with the games.
The analog stick is the big one in what the 3DS will offer. 4 way movement will be shunted, 8 way movement hopefully skipped, leaving us with full control of the character. That one's gonna be huge, cause that also gives GF the liberation to make things less blocky, and allow the OW to have more rounded stuff, to accommodate the freedom of movement. Another major thing is that if GF goes back to handheld based Pokedexes, I think BW2 was a one off cause of the already DS like DPt dexes, the analog stick might also feature in it. God knows analog stick based dex scrollings gonna make lives easier.

I will be pissed off if this somehow ends up not being main game related.
It will be. I dunno why, but something tells me this isn't gonna have the same impact of Masuda revealing something, but its gonna be just as important.

Site revamp to accommodate a new gen. I'm gonna say that's maybe why.

Well since it's on a random day it's too hard to tell. Id say it's likely to be updated before 3pm if they really want the buzz about it to get around the whole entire day, but that's just speculation.

Someone on Gamefaqs took note of the page source which has a countdown embedded in it:
/*
CountDown Unit
*/
#important_announce #cdUnit{
position: relative;
width: 480px;
height: 63px;
margin: 0 auto;
background: url(/ex/important_announce/images/page_cd_bg.png) no-repeat 0 0;
}

A countdown as well? Now that indeed means a game is coming, or at least game related. Countdown these days mean squat, but they always lead to games.

The fact they are actually hyping this up now, I really think that if it is related to the games that they will actually announce the games rather than just announce a new gen like they did in Jan 2010. They didn't hype up the 2010 Gen V announcement, they just came out and said that brand new games will be released later on in the year. To put a big notice on the official site, plug it on TV and put a countdown just to announce new games are coming later this year seems rather odd. It definitely seems like if it is game related, that they will actually announce the actual games - which leads me to believe that if it is Gen VI, we may get it in June/July so they can role out an international release before the year is over too.
Exactly. We're gonna get titles, but nothing till may. As for a release date, September is more likely, as Silktree said. BW is easily gonna go through July as well, and considering how August has always been odd, its gonna be September. Only way I see this being released in June, is only if its Gen 5 related. And we don't want that do we?

I'm sure the countdown will be here after Today's Pokemon Smash. So Masuda won't announce anything but will hint this announcement.
I hope we won't be disappointed, because we're expecting main games news.
In my opinion, we will get the names and the logo.
If Game Freak wants to troll us, they would announce new GEN V games but i'm pretty sure it will be about gen 6.
GF announcing Gen 5 games at this point will indeed be a shocker, if only cause we've written it off. Not saying its gonnna happen, but if it does.....

So since they're making a huge deal about the 8th, with an official site announcement and a countdown, are we likely to get anything on Pokemon Smash? It's kind of weird to me if Masuda is appearing 2 days before this huge reveal, but doesn't reveal anything. Could we get a hint or a silhouette?

Hype levels: Exponentially rising.

BRING ON THE COUNTDOWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom