• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Kalos Region Speculation and Discussion

Mitchman

Simpler times ahead
Reaction score
No maps yet, but I'm pretty sure its a deadlock that France is getting the treatment, thanks to the architecture, the tower, and the fact that Pikachu was in france at the beginning. Thoughts?

Re: So, what's the region gonna be based off of?

I read this somewhere:

Junichi_Masuda was just in France, and his Twitter photo is him with the Eiffel Tower
We have what appears to be an Eiffel Tower like structure in the trailer, together with other classical European style architecture
Starters based on things stereotypically associated with France, including Chestnuts, Frogs and Fennec
The Cartesian coordinate system (you know, X & Y) was developed by René Descartes, a French philosopher

Gen VI confirmed for France.

France. Spoiled that enough with the Pikachu thing at the start.

With the ease of travel around Europe when you're over there, I wonder if they'll expand to any additional countries outside of just France.

Looks like Paris/France to me.

Yeah, its definitely France. Sorry Snivy : ( You were just one Gen too early.

Does this mean that it could actually have a relation to Unova? Some of us were speculating on a Euro region this Gen for that possibility, but we'll see.

Does this mean that it could actually have a relation to Unova? Some of us were speculating on a Euro region this Gen for that possibility, but we'll see.
We'll see. But yeah, a Euro region is definitely something we all saw coming, and its making me wonder. Especially since that desert thing is so.....not France. Really diverse region in general, can't wait to see the map.

Yaaaaay france.
I didn't know french people swung on vines. :D jk

Europe.

NOOOOOO! Washington State will have to be based for a region eventually...

Europe or Paris, France specifically. Their clothing looks very...nice?

We'll see. But yeah, a Euro region is definitely something we all saw coming, and its making me wonder. Especially since that desert thing is so.....not France. Really diverse region in general, can't wait to see the map.

There's a desert in Unova, there's no desert in NY. GF always takes those licenses for the sake of variety.

The only possibility would have been Vegas, but they'd never put a kids game there.

COME ON, UK GEN VII!

I read this somewhere:

Junichi_Masuda was just in France, and his Twitter photo is him with the Eiffel Tower
We have what appears to be an Eiffel Tower like structure in the trailer, together with other classical European style architecture
Starters based on things stereotypically associated with France, including Chestnuts, Frogs and Fennec
The Cartesian coordinate system (you know, X & Y) was developed by René Descartes, a French philosopher

You read that on NeoGAF, and I was the one who posted it. ;p

Australia.

uh...er...I mean...

Yeah, definitely looks like it will be based off France (or Europe).

I read this somewhere:

You read that on NeoGAF, and I was the one who posted it. ;p

Actually I read it on a local community's forum. Someone copypasted it. Now I know the source. =P

Australia.

uh...er...I mean...

Yeah, definitely looks like it will be based off France (or Europe).

Half the map would be coastal cities the other half desert. Not much for diversity :p

Does this mean that it could actually have a relation to Unova?

Well, we do see a knight statue with a Golurk and Palpitoad.
golurkpalpitoad_zpsafde2bd2.jpg

Definitely Paris, I mean look at this: Twitter / BulbaNewsNOW: What could that building be ...

The cobbled streets, the Poke Eiffel Tower, the fashion sense (anyone who's been to Paris will know that the people there are VERY well dressed). This also seems quite french Twitter / BulbaNewsNOW: Interesting statue! ...

It won't be exclusively Paris (desert area for example), just as Unova wasn't exclusively NYC

This place reminds me of Orre: Twitter / BulbaNewsNOW: Desert area. http://t.co/QnGkPNVD . Does anyone agree?

Back
Top Bottom