• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How will Pokemon X & Y impact the Anime? - UPDATE: Begins October!

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: How will Pokemon X & Y impact the Anime? - UPDATE: Begins October!

Honestly, if Episode N is the conclusion of Unova then I was thinking it would end around summertime or something because honestly, I don't see it running long at all unless there is some Battle Frontier-like thing to it.

When I first saw that it was X and Y my initial thought was: Ok, so they aren't using colors anymore?

Then I thought maybe it means that Z is the next and LAST installment like a "Platinum or Emerald" or it could be X2 and Y2 (seriously if that happens I don't know what to say about the writers). Well in terms of the anime let's say that this could possibly be the end, does that mean we'll see Ash go to a Champion League as predicted by Cynthia back at the end of the DP series?

After Unova, will we see Ash spend time in Pallet and how will it be set up to where he does go to this new region? See a legendary Pokemon fly off in that direction, Oak has a trip there and Ash goes?

I'm interested in seeing his traveling companions, I think Iris won't stay (hopefully not) and Cilan might go since its seems like his flavor....and if he doesn't I can see him making a reappearance for sure! Burgundy may have taken off there since she got her butt handed to her too many times in Unova but you can't blame her hopefully she'll work on her awful excuse for a foreign language and learn how to speak French better.

I know I won't be choosing the Grass starter and the fire is a fox right? Haven't we seen that before a Fire Fox Pokemon???? Can anyone say Gen I? A water frog?? Wow, that's original...maybe I will pick the grass one...

Alright, I'm saying that now but maybe their evolutions will look pretty badass and just a ballpark but I might say Ash gets the Fire Starter first next season. Since he got Water first this season and Grass first each season before that.

Can't wait to see if they learn from the MANY mistakes they made in the BW series. Hopefully a legit rival, curious to see what kind of villains will appear and hopefully they will make appearances sooner rather than later (ok the earthquake thing messed up the 2 parter), not rush so many things that would be a nice touch to see the show "evolve."

Last edited:

Honestly, if Episode N is the conclusion of Unova then I was thinking it would end around summertime or something because honestly, I don't see it running long at all unless there is some Battle Frontier-like thing to it.

When I first saw that it was X and Y my initial thought was: Ok, so they aren't using colors anymore?

Then I thought maybe it means that Z is the next and LAST installment like a "Platinum or Emerald" or it could be X2 and Y2 (seriously if that happens I don't know what to say about the writers). Well in terms of the anime let's say that this could possibly be the end, does that mean we'll see Ash go to a Champion League as predicted by Cynthia back at the end of the DP series?

After Unova, will we see Ash spend time in Pallet and how will it be set up to where he does go to this new region? See a legendary Pokemon fly off in that direction, Oak has a trip there and Ash goes?

I'm interested in seeing his traveling companions, I think Iris won't stay (hopefully not) and Cilan might go since its seems like his flavor....and if he doesn't I can see him making a reappearance for sure! Burgundy may have taken off there since she got her butt handed to her too many times in Unova but you can't blame her hopefully she'll work on her awful excuse for a foreign language and learn how to speak French better.

I know I won't be choosing the Grass starter and the fire is a fox right? Haven't we seen that before a Fire Fox Pokemon???? Can anyone say Gen I? A water frog?? Wow, that's original...maybe I will pick the grass one...

Alright, I'm saying that now but maybe their evolutions will look pretty badass and just a ballpark but I might say Ash gets the Fire Starter first next season. Since he got Water first this season and Grass first each season before that.
I really don't want another ''Conquer Quest'' like Battle Frontier because everytime Ash participate there , he became weaker !
And I want Ash to have a completely different traveling companion this time or travel alone !
No Big brother figure who tell Ash what to do Or A female cast who work as a co-star.
I want the New male Character to be Dizzy , Cowardly , Stupid , Naughty and Sarcastic.
While A female cast to be someone Intelligent , Organized but Short Tempered .
And as always I want a female rival like Rika nonoka (Digimon Tamer).
And off course , No more rebooting for Ash & Pikachu.
Anyway , Is this the right place to discuss this ???
Should we talk about Possible Generation VI Anime series here or should we create a Separate thread to discuss this ?
Can't wait to see if they learn from the MANY mistakes they made in the BW series.
I seriously doubt that !!!

I like Iris and Cilan, but I don't see them sticking around after BW. MAYBE Cilan, but I'm not really feeling Iris. The girls do seem to have short tenures on the show, and they've done some good foreshadowing on Iris' future.

I think they should return to having the female PC join Ash. It seems that in the trailer, she's a blonde girl. None of the female companions have ever been blonde, so it would be different. I don't know what she would do, however. I think having two gym battlers would be boring. Maybe they're bringing Contests back?

I'm very excited, either way. And I'm hoping they go back to making Ash an anime exclusive outfit; I just think the long sleeves on the male PC's jacket would look strange on him. Although, they could always shorten them for the anime, but the outfit (just judging from the 3D trailer) reminds me a lot of his BW outfit anyway. Go back to an original design, like in Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn!

If Dent doesn't stay and taste all of the ~exquisite~ French food I am going to be so disappoint

I really don't want another ''Conquer Quest'' like Battle Frontier because everytime Ash participate there , he became weaker !
And I want Ash to have a completely different traveling companion this time or travel alone !
No Big brother figure who tell Ash what to do Or A female cast who work as a co-star.
I want the New male Character to be Dizzy , Cowardly , Stupid , Naughty and Sarcastic.
While A female cast to be someone Intelligent , Organized but Short Tempered .
And as always I want a female rival like Rika nonoka (Digimon Tamer).
And off course , No more rebooting for Ash & Pikachu.
Anyway , Is this the right place to discuss this ???
Should we talk about Possible Generation VI Anime series here or should we create a Separate thread to discuss this ?
Can't wait to see if they learn from the MANY mistakes they made in the BW series.
I seriously doubt that !!!

Right place to discuss this? Um, I'm guessing for now yeah I mean I'm just talking about the impact that this new generation may have compared to this one like new characters, what kind of elements from Unova may be changed like tournaments or rushed story lines for the sake of plot. I just started the discussion of what I thought X and Y will mean for the gaming franchise and the anime then moved into how I think it will be different from previous generations.

I would like to think they would learn from their mistakes but oh well wishful thinking I guess. Now I know why they named the Unova Saga "Best Wishes" because you could easily tell it was thrown together more than likely just for the sake of jumping to this generation and they told themselves best wishes to see if this saga would be successful or not...

I'm guessing that BW was merely a stepping stone to give fans something to watch while they put this new one together instead of jumping right into it. If Pikachu gets a "reboot" AGAIN I'll be pissed but seriously, should we expect anything different, Ash will still be 10.

But maybe the show will pull a 180 and age Ash a couple of years before this season, have a new set of characters and maybe Cilan will show up just for the sake of catching up with Ash and telling him about how Iris is the new Champ in Unova...HAHAHAHA who am I kidding?!?!

One thing I do hope is that it's an improvement over what Best Wishes has been so far. I know I really want Ash to be replaced, but it's likely not going to happen anyways.

That we can finally say good-bye to Iris? YES!! My least favorite female main character leaving now!! You have no idea how much I'm jumping for joy over this news.

Well, in the games, she IS the Unova Champion after all, and yeah, I don't like Iris either.

I like Iris and Cilan, but I don't see them sticking around after BW. MAYBE Cilan, but I'm not really feeling Iris. The girls do seem to have short tenures on the show, and they've done some good foreshadowing on Iris' future.

I think they should return to having the female PC join Ash. It seems that in the trailer, she's a blonde girl. None of the female companions have ever been blonde, so it would be different. I don't know what she would do, however. I think having two gym battlers would be boring. Maybe they're bringing Contests back?

I'm very excited, either way. And I'm hoping they go back to making Ash an anime exclusive outfit; I just think the long sleeves on the male PC's jacket would look strange on him. Although, they could always shorten them for the anime, but the outfit (just judging from the 3D trailer) reminds me a lot of his BW outfit anyway. Go back to an original design, like in Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn!
But I liked the Male PC's Outfit.
I think its time Ash wear a Long Sleeve jacket .
Also , They could change Ash's character design a little.
Make him look more taller and upgrade his hair.
Because That ''Dragon Ball Style Spiky Hair'' is long Outdated .
So , The Anime Artist should gave Ash a modern Spiky hair.
Just like they modernize Ash's eyelash in Unova.
Seriously this is just a beginning.
After all the horrible thing writer did to Ash in Unova, They has to work twice's harder then any other series just to establish him as a decent character.
Honestly though , I really doubt if Ash can ever redeem himself ever again.

Hopefully Ash/Team Rocket are not in this saga. Is it too much to ask for a new series based on new characters?

Hopefully Ash/Team Rocket are not in this saga. Is it too much to ask for a new series based on new characters?
They need to finish Ash's story first before moving into a new protagonist.
And Ash has gone nowhere near his goal.
He still stock in one place.
I mean , Was it too much to ask for Ash to finally show up as a powerful trainer in the beginning of Unova & win the Unova League and then facing N in Champion League in order to stop Team Plasma's evil Plan ???

I'm sure that Iris won't be sticking around for this new series. I don't think that she has been that popular to warrant being included in two series and I can't see why she would go to a new region with Ash when she could stay in Unova to work on her goal. I could see Cilan staying, but that would depend on the other characters introduced early on in the games and if they can take Cilan's role. I'd like for Cilan to stay, if only because I actually like him and he does have better chemistry with Ash than Iris does, but he might not have the best chance to stay either.

Depending on what happens towards the end of BW, we don't even know if Team Rocket will be sticking around.

Say it with me now: Poke, Poke, Poke, Poke...

254662_448218578577830_1221763604_n.jpg

I wonder if Writer still want to attract youger viewer using cute fluffy Pokemon.
Seriously,
They should understand , Kids doesn't care about cuteness , Girls does !
Kids like anime which are cool & exciting .
Which is why Inazuma Eleven is so popular among kids even though there isn't anything cute in that anime.
Kids just love the way character jump & kick the soccer ball . Soccer really is popular.
If Writer want to attract younger viewer in Generation VI then the best way is to Create a Unattainable Beautiful girl and make Ash one-sidely fall for her .
Thats enough would be 98% successful in attracting younger viewer.
Because One-side love makes an Anime more exciting for kids.
That why Kids anime like Doraemon , Perman , Ninja Haturi etc has One-sided crush involve even though lot of people believe that romance has nothing to do with Kids Anime.
Ya , Deep love like Romeo & Juliet has nothing to do with kids Anime however One-sided crush is really effective in Kids Anime.
Also , Kids doesn't really like the ''Philosophy of Defect''.
They like to see the hero win more then we adult do.
Also
If Writer want to attract younger viewer then they should atleast create a series that is focus on Ash winning the League and moving on.
Anyway , I simply just said how writer should handle Generation VI anime series if they want more younger viewer.
I hope it doesn't count as bashing.

Uh, new series, and the female protagonist may join Ash, along with Cilan.

Between Iris and Cilan, Who has more potential to stay for the XY saga?

With Gen VI on the horizon who do you think has more potential to follow Ash to the next region?

Personally i think the writers will probably do what they did during Johto and keep both Iris and Cilan for the next saga.

Re: Between Iris and Cilan, Who has more potential to stay for the XY saga?

Yeap i think both will follow him to the new region.

Iris has barley developed much and shes pretty popular so i think shes going no where, Cilan will definatley be their like brock he wont leave ash for as long as pokemon continues, I doubt they really wanna waste time creating a 2nd brock clone.

only got one thing to say about this...

NOOOOOOOO! There go all my hopes and dreams of the darn anime actually ending with BW. *dies*. Time for another 3+ year trek we've already seen 5 times over.

apparently yes :(. *sigh*. I really wish they would though.

I'm kinda hoping that Iris leaves Ash and ends up going to the Opelucid Gym to become the gym leader like Drayden has planned. I don't mind if Cilan sticks around and if Ash is joined by the Gen VI girl, though all that really matters to me is seeing Iris leave the group.

How about we dump both in favor of better characters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom