• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What will you miss about Generation 5?

Quetsol Melt

Destined for Greatness
Reaction score
So with Generation 5 coming to an end this year I thought I'd post this to see what about these games will you miss the most. For me personally it would the characters, Black and White probably have some of the most memorable characters out of any Generation. First up N who wasn't touched by his story and all the struggle he had been through on how Ghetsis raised him and treated him, it was just such a human moment in a video game, I actually teared up at the end. Then there is the Gym Leaders who seem to be very involved in and out of there gyms throughout the story of BW/B2W2. I mean there is also the fact that sprites will be gone after Generation 5 and even though I said I wouldn't like 3D over Sprites I was proven wrong when I saw that trailer today so I'm ready for the change. There is so much more that I'll be sure to post later on.

But what will you miss about Generation 5 please feel free to share your comments.

I will miss N and Unova as a whole. Unova was a cool and unique region, and I will miss the storyline that was in Black and White. I dunno what Gen 6 will be like but I can hope it will have the same quality. I'll miss the old sprites too as I grew up with them in the games.

These games had my favorite storyline, best designed region, and amazing music. However, that's not saying much since they're the result of an 18 year old franchise.

If I had to choose one thing though, the story. I can't really decide which of the two series (B/W or B2/W2) I liked better, since they're two different stories and not a traditional third game with some changes. It flows amazingly well and the continuity was constructed nearly perfectly.

I won't miss how laggy the in-battle touch screen functions were though. They should have fixed that between the series.

Last edited:
I will totally miss my boyfr..N. And I seriously really loved Generation 5, so I'm gonna miss it as a whole, but I'm also excited about the future one!

Everything. It just lasted so little.
Pretty much this. Gen V has been my favorite so far, so I'll miss every little thing about it, even the Musicals. And don't get me started on the Pokemon, either. Oh, how I love them so much...!

...which leads me to think that whoever decided to announce this next Gen must have impatience in art form... this feels way too soon for a Gen with so much to offer as it is...

I will miss some of the musics, especially the gym leader theme and Team Plasma battle theme, as well as the sound when you select something during a battle, be it a move, an item etc.

The 2D battles and the characters. Really, I'll miss everything. Now I feel bad for getting rid of my W2 copy. I simply wasn't expecting a new game this soon. It feels like Black and White just came out ;__;

it is possible to play them AFTER the new games come out im pretty sure there no time limit or a self descrut switch waiting to be pressed on them far as i know.

i will miss the 2D models if i dont llike the 3D but i can always play my older games on my DS and start new game

I'll miss the endless days in the battle subway, the superb storyline that made me tear up at the end(of BW1), and the personable characters.
R.I.P Gen V.

Y'know what I'll miss?
How the DW turned some of our old favorites into decent Pokemon.
I wonder if Gen.6 will have DW...

I can tell you what I won't miss, though!
How That TTar (Unscarfed and unboosted) outsped my Perfectly trained Starmie at the Battle Subway!
Those stupid cheaters on the Subway and the Institute!

I'm definitely gonna miss N and Bianca. And I'm especially gonna miss the PWT because that was the first time in years that I got to see the Hoenn Leaders and Champions again and it really made me feel like I was ten again when I was battling them (Emerald was my first Pokemon game). I hope there will be gen 3 remakes in gen 6.

I'll miss pretty much everything, such as N, Team Plasma, Unova, the Unova starters, many of the lovable and memorable characters such as Cheren and Bianca, and more especially the existance of 2D Pokemon sprites with the jump to 3D in XY, so yeah, I'll miss BW1/2 a lot, but will always retain the memories of my adventures in Unova.

But I haven't finished B2 yet! :O

I have to say I'm gonna miss Castelia City. You don't know how many times I wound up in that place just to listen to the theme. It had a wonderful feel to it.

I am going to miss Join Avanue, where I have 2 of my boyfriends' shops set up, and miss it saying how my boyfriend is #1! </3

I'm also going to miss little Oshawott, it's too soon to be ridden of it's adorableness. Also I shall miss my White 2 Team :(

WHAT? NO GEN III REMAKES?

[video=youtube;WWaLxFIVX1s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s[/video]

*Sniff* all right, I'm better now
Well, Unova, It was good to know ya, I'll miss your assloads of random distractions, awesome music, pokemon and characters and well written plot, but I'm afraid this relationship must come to an end (Yes, I know I'm talking to an inanimate, fictional mass of habited land, shut up.)

... 3D, HERE I F**KING COME!

Btw: Anyone else think that "X" and "Y", seem like stupid titles, I'm still buying the games, but seriously. :drowsy:

There's so much I'm gonna miss from this generation, but what am I gonna miss most?

d8dfd9f20567205b061a8290f380fc94bbaf0e2d.jpg

Touko...... :bawl:

I'm still playing B/W2 so it'll be a while till I miss anything, but I really like the region, so I'll miss that.

The fact that there were no generation III remakes before the jump to the new graphics really made me feel crappy today. I was fully expecting that to be the announced today and not a new generation. I guess I' 'll never get to see Hoenn in the old graphics just one last time. Sapphire was my first Pokemon game and the fact that it's remake will never be made (or at least in 2-D) is just a big punch to the face to me (and anybody who loved Gen III) :bawl: . also this Generation was to short, it only lasted two years.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom