• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Can We Expect Another Pokémon Direct?

Fennekin

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Is it possible we could get another Pokémon Direct in the near future, revealing more information about Pokémon X and Y? Or will we have information revealed from elsewhere? Remember, this is a worldwide release, so GAME FREAK/Nintendo may handle things differently when it comes to how to release game information, unlike previous releases where Japan got the games first.

Is it possible we could get another Pokémon Direct in the near future, revealing more information about Pokémon X and Y? Or will we have information revealed from elsewhere? Remember, this is a worldwide release, so GAME FREAK/Nintendo may handle things differently when it comes to how to release game information, unlike previous releases where Japan got the games first.

Definitely. Nintendo has done a pretty good job promoting the upcoming software on their new systems as they progress through the development pipeline. While we'll probably still get Japanese info from Coro Coro and other sources, I can see the international updates being primarily done through Nintendo/Pokemon directs.

I'd be surprised if we didn't see another at some point closer to the release date.

It will be very likely that we get wnother Nintendo Direct, perhaps every few months we'll be getting updates.

If its not at 6 in the morning, then possibly. I would not be willing to wake up at 6 am to learn news of a new Pokemon.

If its not at 6 in the morning, then possibly. I would not be willing to wake up at 6 am to learn news of a new Pokemon.

Well, the event was scheduled well for Japan who had it at 8PM in their time zone, and they decided to have it broadcast simultaneously all around the world, partly because of their system which is getting the Pokémon X & Y games released worldwide in a tighter timeframe.

It might inconvenience you guys again if it's an announcement similar to this, because I feel like they're going to broadcast a Nintendo Direct in the middle of Japan's day, which is even earlier for you guys.

If they are going to do another Direct, they will probably have it at different times appropriate for the time zones. I'm sure we will see more of these though, I can see them revealing Pokemon through it too.

I think Pokemon Direct was reserved for the announcement. Further news will likely come through regular Nintendo Direct broadcasts. However with their focus on a simultaneous worldwide release, I find it unlikely that we will be getting a lot of new info solely through CoroCoro like we used to; I expect that if it is, we will get it in English sources around the same time.

I don't really think so. This was the DON moment. Maybe one more with the last batch of information, but I don't see one as being able to do anything more than updating the websites worldwide would do. The direct gave us the introduction as a lead in to this. We'll find stuff out around the 10th of each month in Japanese when corocoro leaks, and then we'll get it in all other languages the 15th for street release when the info online gets updated.

I wanna know how the fuck Nintendo manages to stream something online with thousands of viewers in a way that doesn't have lag. That was by far the best experience I've ever had streaming anything online. I was expecting choppy audio and even choppier visual. It was quite the pleasant surprise.

I read an article earlier today and the person being interviewed said that more information/details will be revealed tomorrow. The interviewee is an employee from TPCi I think.

I hope for official artworks and names of the two legendaries and perhaps their type??? If they don't reveal it tomorrow then I expect on the official Japanese Pokemon website this Friday.

I read an article earlier today and the person being interviewed said that more information/details will be revealed tomorrow. The interviewee is an employee from TPCi I think.

I hope for official artworks and names of the two legendaries and perhaps their type??? If they don't reveal it tomorrow then I expect on the official Japanese Pokemon website this Friday.

Where did you read that? I think the additional information could more than likely be this, from Pokemon Company's president Tsunekazu Ishihara.

Regarding the timing, if you want something to be on the same calendar day in both Japan and North America then it's going to have to be in the evening for Japan and the early morning for most of North America. Don't blame Nintendo, blame the international dateline.

Well, the event was scheduled well for Japan who had it at 8PM in their time zone, and they decided to have it broadcast simultaneously all around the world, partly because of their system which is getting the Pokémon X & Y games released worldwide in a tighter timeframe.

It might inconvenience you guys again if it's an announcement similar to this, because I feel like they're going to broadcast a Nintendo Direct in the middle of Japan's day, which is even earlier for you guys.

They'd probably swap between 8 at night and 6 in the morning between Japan and the US

Nintendo love their Nintendo Direct feeds (even prioritising them over E3), so I'd say that it's more than likely that they will, especially considering the huge reaction the Pokèmon Direct received.

I don't think extra Pokemon X & Y information is credible for a Pokemon Direct. Future games on the other hand may be plausible, since the Direct Coverage picked up 40,000+ viewers it certainly gets the word out there so I could see this happening for RS Remakes.

They'd probably swap between 8 at night and 6 in the morning between Japan and the US

That would catch Europe at 1 and 2am, and that's one of their three main markets. Even though the west coast gets shafted with the way it worked out yesterday, I don't think they'll alternate with the US. No matter what, Japan is still their number 1 target, and kids aren't waking up at 6am over there to catch some news. If they do any more, they'll be on the same schedule as the last one.

I hope they at least make another Direct for the starter evolutions and more legendaries.

The next Direct could showcase things that are better illustrated through video rather than pictures. Maybe cutscenes involving the evil team (which could showcase some of the power under the 3DS's hood) or something like Triple Battles & Rotation Battles from Gen V (basically any change to the battle system).

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom