• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S15 EP47: Unrest at the Nursery!

I actually quite liked this episode, though it is not memorably special.

I wonder if the anime writers are aware Whimsicott is a fully evlolved Pokemon and a complete beast. Heres hoping it gets better screentime in the future!

I just hate that we have a break in the US tomorrow, and then we have to seit through the humilau battle AND this before TR....

I find it odd that this episode didn't use any of the new Pokemon added to the B2W2 Pokedex - (nearly?) all of the baby Pokemon are in there and a lot of them would have made for more interesting appearances than the ones chosen compared to mostly repeats of previously shown Pokemon. I'm also disappointed we didn't see either Snivy or Unfezant in this episode - using Snivy to hold the tree down would be the most obvious thing to do in the situation, rather than expecting someone to cross a tree bridge with no support. They could still all fall off, just it's strange that Ash would just stand back while they tried to cross.

Another thing I'd have liked to see is the food thing expanded on - Cilan's a connoisseur, instead of the COTD forgetting to crack the shells, I was expecting it to have just been badly prepared/tough Pokemon food - something for Cilan to try and help her with improving, so that he actually shows off some of his talents - we keep getting told in episodes that Cilan is going to help out because he's a connoisseur, but rarely do his actions ever seem to link back to any special training or insight - he just was encouraging like anyone could be.

It was an enjoyable enough episode overall - I really like scenes like when Ash was playing with the Pokemon and the ball and them all piling on Crustle, and I don't mind the tripping over - but this episode could have done a lot more for Cilan, Ash's Pokemon and for promoting the new games.

As a side note, I was expecting Vullaby to be pronounced with a 'be' sound on the end rather than a 'bi' - though I think that's one of the last dub name debuts for me to complain about. Onward to Gen VI!

Cilan and Layla seemed kind of cute together..maybe that's just me though!

Not too much to comment on really. Filler-wise I liked the episode. Layla reminds me of Bianca and I like Bianca, so this episode was okay for me.

@Moe I also found it weird Snivy wasn't used in the bridge situation. Also, what about when Layla, Rufflet, and Vullaby were falling? I recall Ash using Bulbasaur and Chikorita/Bayleef's vine whip on several occasions to grab hold of falling friends to pull them back up.

Overall not bad for a filler. I liked Layla and it was nice to see Rufflett and Vullaby patch things up.

An another episode where Takeshi Dent helps a girl with his Pokemon Breeder Sommelier skills.

This episode honestly confused me as to why they were suddenly scooting around a cliff and trying to get over a bridge when they didn't even GO THAT WAY to begin with. Didn't they pretty much just run down some dirt forest paths? All they'd have to do would be to turn around.

This episode honestly confused me as to why they were suddenly scooting around a cliff and trying to get over a bridge when they didn't even GO THAT WAY to begin with. Didn't they pretty much just run down some dirt forest paths? All they'd have to do would be to turn around.

They did the same dumb thing in "For Crying Out Loud" and probably a few others.

Even though I was everything but a fan of this episode once it aired in Japan, I must say that I quite liked it now when it finally was dubbed. It could be because of the fact that it was a dialouge episode though.

It might not have been all that memorable, but Cilan and Layla were rather cute together, and it was nice seeing all of the Pokémon playing together. Not to mention that Iris and Ash made some hilarious expressions once they were hit by Bug Buzz and Stun Spore. :>

Rufflet was absolutely adorable, and even though I slightly prefer it over Vullaby I still thought that Vullaby was just as entertaining.

It's probably the worst episode in Best Wishes Season 2, but it still wasn't all that bad.

They were taking another route in order to keep away from the area that had been filled with angry mushroom monsters by now. Didn't the dub point that out?

They were taking another route in order to keep away from the area that had been filled with angry mushroom monsters by now. Didn't the dub point that out?

Crustle's Rock Slide blocked off the angry mushroom monsters. As Konoko Hasano said, they just had to go back the way they came and those Amoonguss couldn't have followed them.

This episode was made of cute. Made of it.

I find it kinda odd how despite what the Pokedex said about them, Vullaby was the tough one and Rufflet was a crybaby, but their personalities came across well and stuff so I can't really complain.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom