• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Starter Discussion

Which Kalos starter did you choose?

• Total voters
Re: Starters final forms?

I just want Fennekin to evolve into a Pokemon like Arcanine and Ash catch it.

Except Fennekin (who might only have a fully-fledged fox evolution line), Chespin might become a large hedgehog-like Pokémon. As for Froakie, he might end up like Seismitoad or Toxicroak or a Water/Fighting type or a Water/Ice type guy. That's all I can deduce, can't wait for real evolutions.

Good to see that Froakie is getting an awesome foam beard in the 3rd stage, as it should be. Only thing is that I'm worried about GF, and their tendecy to surprise with the 3rd stage. Gen 4 was okay, but Gen 5 took a turn for the worst.

Gen 4 was okay? Nope, Gen 4 was far better than "okay". :p Sinnoh starter are the best.
And I disagree, with the exception of Samurott, the other two final stages of the Unova starters look awesome. Emboar and Serperior have pretty awesome designs.

I hope not. Arcanine is ugly. Fennekin should evolve into something like Ninetales (without the tails) or like the fakemon I posted sometime ago.

Good to see that Froakie is getting an awesome foam beard in the 3rd stage, as it should be. Only thing is that I'm worried about GF, and their tendecy to surprise with the 3rd stage. Gen 4 was okay, but Gen 5 took a turn for the worst.

Gen 4 was okay? Nope, Gen 4 was far better than "okay". :p Sinnoh starter are the best.
And I disagree, with the exception of Samurott, the other two final stages of the Unova starters look awesome. Emboar and Serperior have pretty awesome designs.

I hope not. Arcanine is ugly. Fennekin should evolve into something like Ninetales (without the tails) or like the fakemon I posted sometime ago.
I mean Fennekin to evolve into a ''Four- legged'' Pokemon that can carry Ash on it back like an Arcanine !
And Arcsnine look's awesome !

I really like this one.

r90jtx.png

Also:

tumblr_mgd5yrAzDP1rw7u8ro1_500.jpg

LOL

Of course Sinnoh's the best, what else could be said of the king that is Empoleon? I mean okay in the sense that they nailed it when it came to surprising us. Lets agree to disagree however when it comes to gen 5, cause the jump was far too large to even warm up to them. Nice designs, but poor execution as Pokemon on a general level.

I really like this one.

r90jtx.png

Also:

LOL
Now that's a Froakie I can really get behind. The other were nice, but this a beast on its own.

Not another goddamn Fire/Fighting, for God's sake.

I really like this one.

r90jtx.png

Also:

LOL

Ugh... That froakie-evo is damn ugly and no more fire/fighting + bipedal fire-starters!

And about Chespins name... It seems that some kind of domestic hedgehogs with a brown color are called 'Chestnut-brown hedgehogs'. Chespin, Chestnut + pins. The other languages have hedgehog in the name of Chespin, I see a link between chestnuts and hedgehogs now. Interesting.

BTW, this theory isn't plausible at all. Hedgehogs are mistaken for chestnuts sometimes though.

Last edited:

It's apparently been confirmed on Serebii that Chespin, Fennekin and Froakie will all be pure Grass, Fire and Water types... What do you guys think?

It's apparently been confirmed on Serebii that Chespin, Fennekin and Froakie will all be pure Grass, Fire and Water types... What do you guys think?

Saw this coming. Almost all first-stage starter mons have one type. (bulbasaur excluded)

EDIT: Mudkip is only water, damn myself...

Saw this coming. Almost all first-stage starter mons have one type. (bulbasaur and mudkip excluded)

I know, I'm wondering whether or not they mean just in their Basic stages they will be pure types... I'm excited now nonetheless.

EDIT: I had to second guess Mudkip too D: lol.

Saw this coming. Almost all first-stage starter mons have one type. (bulbasaur and mudkip excluded)

I know, I'm wondering whether or not they mean just in their Basic stages they will be pure types... I'm excited now nonetheless.

EDIT: I had to second guess Mudkip too D: lol.

Only their first stage, they got their news off the official mon-site. ;)

And lol at Mudkip-confusion!:D

I really like this one.

r90jtx.png

Also:

LOL

I kind of like that final evo for Fennekin, even though I'd prefer it to remain quadupedal.

Froakie's scares me though.

What, they are going to be pure types? Well, it is better than having crappy secondary types, but man, Game Freak knows how to be boring and unexciting sometimes.

Of course Sinnoh's the best, what else could be said of the king that is Empoleon? I mean okay in the sense that they nailed it when it came to surprising us.

Empoleon is god. :ksmile:

Lets agree to disagree however when it comes to gen 5, cause the jump was far too large to even warm up to them. Nice designs, but poor execution as Pokemon on a general level.

Uh, yeah, I can agree with that. The execution was pretty lame.

LOL

What the hell is Froakie evo xD It is the worst one I ever saw.

What, they are going to be pure types? Well, it is better than having crappy secondary types, but man, Game Freak knows how to be boring and unexciting sometimes.

Of course Sinnoh's the best, what else could be said of the king that is Empoleon? I mean okay in the sense that they nailed it when it came to surprising us.

Empoleon is god. :ksmile:

Lets agree to disagree however when it comes to gen 5, cause the jump was far too large to even warm up to them. Nice designs, but poor execution as Pokemon on a general level.

Uh, yeah, I can agree with that. The execution was pretty lame.

I liked the last evo of the Gen 5 starters very much, it's up to the person ;)

Does this mean the base forms or the evolutions as well? At least if that means the evos too that it means Fennekin's wont be Fire/Fighting.

Does this mean the base forms or the evolutions as well? At least if that means the evos too that it means Fennekin's wont be Fire/Fighting.

As I said:

The information serebii got was from the MAIN SITE OF POKEMON. There they only have the first-stages together with their types. So, no, nothing about further stages, at all. ;)

Nintendo could still troll us and make a fire/fighting third stage.:D

EDIT: Edited my post, because I sounded mean, sorry, didn't want to.

Last edited:

Wat, I though there was mentions about the typings of the starters final stages in the site...
But there isn't... so... I guess we can keep speculating their final types. :p

I liked the last evo of the Gen 5 starters very much, it's up to the person ;)

I liked them two, except Samurott, but that doesn't change the fact the execution was lame.
Serperior and Samurott could have been Grass/Something and Water/Something, their movepools were lame in BW, etc.

Execution wasn't really lame in my opinion and why always dual-typed? It doesn't fit those two at all to be honest. (again, a personal opinion)

BTW, it's too, not two;)

No surprise there. I doubt this will include their evos as well, but I wouldn't mind fully evolved pure type starters.

If they did actually make them fully evolved pure types, it would be the first time since Gen II.

Back
Top Bottom