• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you want in Gen 6?

• A Trainer with six Legendary Pokémon, one from every main series region, that can only be battled after defeating the Champion

And call him Tobias!!!! But in all seriousness, that would be pretty awesome. Plus, they could pick more obscure or lesser used legendaries, and improve on them. (Move wise, of course.) Such as Articuno. No that it's obscure or lesser used, I just love Articuno.

-Female Bug-type Gym Leader (If she simply must be girly, then she can be like a clothing designer who prefers using silk from her Pokemon.)
-Female Main Antagonist (So many possibilities.)
- Male Grass-type Gym Leader (Make him stereotypically suave and make him carry a rose or something, I dunno.)
- More Ghost-types, damn it.
- While it most likely won't happen, I'd like Poison to be super-effective against Bug again. Maybe give Water a Poison weakness as well.
- A single father, maybe?
- Some evolutions for old Pokemon, but not enough to be a majority in the region's Pokedex.
- For it to be based only off of France. No need to shove in theme-park versions of Spain and Germany when France is large and diverse enough to stand on its own as a good Pokemon region. Why do so many people believe that France is just Paris?
- NO MORE MUSICALS PLEASE DEAR ARCEUS, NO. I'd handle Contests, movies, Pokeathlatons or whatever, but NO MORE MUSICALS.

And like everyone else, I'd get a kick out of character customization.

I'd so like to see more player family variation. It's always you and your mother, why can't the player have a father present as well? Or a lone father? Or both parents present but at different places again, like in Hoenn?

I want romance in-game. like dating-sim type where you can date atleast 5 different people where you can meet them in towns or something. seriously this game needs something different so it won't just be catching pokemon and battling gym leaders. :lol:

Um, even though the player trainers are supposed to be avatars of us, they're designed to be like 10 year old kids. And since Pokemon is intended for all ages, I do not think a dating sim would be very appropriate.

Some of the Pokéstar Studio movies involve romance. Thought I'd point that out.

Now back on topic (or failing miserably at getting on topic :p): I hope we get the same or better quality 3D battling (like in the video) and they don't mess it up...

I'd like more turtle pokemon, like there is in every gen so far (hoping for a softshell turtle XD ) But that's just me. Maybe more pokemon based off of plants/animals/nature like bladderwort, dolphins (reeeally want a dolphin pokemon), fish, shrew, tigers, bovids, etc. For some reason I've been wanting to see bug pokemon like a mosquito or fly or maggot since gen 2. You know, more animal diversity, not like gen 1 and 5 with inanimate object based pokemon, like ice cream and garbage and stuff.( don't get me wrong, I like gen 1&5, but you know...)

What I'd like to see (and hear) in game is:
Memorable gym battles (WTF GEN5)
Ice, Dark, Ghost, Psychic gyms
No musicals
Pokeblocks or Poffin type stuff
New music, durr
Previous gen cameos
Revised Egg Groups
Don't want a gen 5 style game, where there's only the new pokemon. Something like it has some pokemon from every region (basically nothing like gen 5)
Definitly not want a Unova style region, wants a Hoenn/Sinnoh kind of region, where it's a region, not a huge city and some suburbs :I
Longer game
More sidequests

That's it so far =D

I want romance in-game. like dating-sim type where you can date atleast 5 different people where you can meet them in towns or something. seriously this game needs something different so it won't just be catching pokemon and battling gym leaders. :lol:

Um, even though the player trainers are supposed to be avatars of us, they're designed to be like 10 year old kids. And since Pokemon is intended for all ages, I do not think a dating sim would be very appropriate.

oh right forgot about the fact that the PC's are 10 year olds. :shy: then maybe pokemon dating :lol:

Well, there's always the Pokemon Daycare and breeding them...

Anyhow, to stay on topic... One thing I would like to see is the return of a proper Poke gadget, like the PokeGear or even PokeTech. The C-Gear was really disappointing, and I've never once used it.

yeah well i hope they add more features to the day care then like a building purely for breeding and a hatchery so eggs won't use up all the space in your party.

With the region based on France, the ability to surrender in Trainer Battles.

Reminds me on how you "black out" if all of your Pokemon faint, which I think needs to be changed. It doesn't make sense to panic and then black out simply because you're out of party Pokemon imo, I mean, why can't you just call it a lost battle, give the opponent some money and return to the last Pokemon Center you visited?

I don't really think 10 year olds panic after losing a battle. I think something more like being angry or extremely sad fits better, or walking away mumbling to yourself or something.

Losing a wild Pokemon battle might be different though, but I still think it doesn't make sense to black out. Panicking, however, makes sense here, because well, you can possibly get hurt by angry wild Pokemon, which you have to get away from asap.

Last edited:
I'd so like to see more player family variation. It's always you and your mother, why can't the player have a father present as well? Or a lone father? Or both parents present but at different places again, like in Hoenn?

I always found it odd how Hoenn is the only game in which you actually see your father.

What? Are males not capable of raising a family all on their own? Or maybe there's some of disease in the Pokeworld that only affects middle-aged men with children?

I agree, both should be present. (Or at least recognized!) I'd love if the mother turned out to be an E4 member and you didn't find out until you actually face her. You'd be thinking she was just sitting home knitting or something then WHAM. She's a world-class trainer and you had no idea.

That would be a cool twist. People have gotten away with bigger things.

What I want is for the game to stop dropping the good ideas they had for less amazing new ones.
Most importantly, BRING BACK GYM LEADER REMATCHES. They were the best part. I still play emerald and the best part is when you have a gym leader with a solid balance of pokemon from each gen, and they 7th and eighth gym leaders are stronger than the champion, so you can train your higher level pokemon.

Also the battle frontier in emerald is well done. It works because it doesn't really have to add any plot, but it gives you actually CHALLENGING battles. You need good movesets and EV's. I honestly don't give a crap about how my character looks, if I wanted to play dress up, I would just buy SIMS...

And I like the idea of a legendary thats not some dragon dual-type... Cause they are running out of options with that.

A visit to another region, preferably a previous one would be cool. But I am just reiterating that.

Reminds me on how you "black out" if all of your Pokemon faint, which I think needs to be changed. It doesn't make sense to panic and then black out simply because you're out of party Pokemon imo, I mean, why can't you just call it a lost battle, give the opponent some money and return to the last Pokemon Center you visited?

I don't really think 10 year olds panic after losing a battle. I think something more like being angry or extremely sad fits better, or walking away mumbling to yourself or something.

Losing a wild Pokemon battle might be different though, but I still think it doesn't make sense to black out. Panicking, however, makes sense here, because well, you can possibly get hurt by angry wild Pokemon, which you have to get away from asap.

Well, it wouldn't make sense when you're in a gym or a city, but when you just lost all your Pokemon to a trainer, or even to an annoying wild Pokemon, while in the middle of a forest or cave where wild Pokemon can easily attack you without the aid of your own Pokemon to protect you, I think there would be a lot of fear connected to that. Heck, trainers from the first town keep stressing that you cannot leave without a Pokemon, so the outside world must be pretty dangerous.

It's more "wut" when you lose your last Pokemon to poisoning while walking to the Center. "Pokemon fainted. Trainer is all out of Pokemon. Trainer started to panic, and lost x-sum of money as a result of their panic." That actually happened to me once in Gen 3.

-I would like to be able to choose the pokemon I start with, I mean outside of the average starters, In the anime lots of people start out with pokemon like Growlithe, Eevee and other cool pokemon and though I adore my starters, I think we should have more of a choice.

-I would like to be able to travel between regions like in HG and SS, except I would like to be able to travel between all of them, rather than just two.

-We should also be able to choose which region to start in, some of the more experienced might prefer to start from a region they know best.

-Either completely 3d or completely 2d, PICK ONE! in B/W the game is set in 2.5d, It doesn't work as well as if it were completely one or the other.

-Better graphics, In B/W the graphics from the back of the pokemon are terrible, my emerald game looks way better and was made way before, and if the pokemon are going to move, they should do more than just flap around.

-Professions, your avatar should be able to choose a profession, being a trainer's great, but it's exhausting catching and training all those pokemon.

-Age, you should also be able to choose age, and looks based on age, some pokemon trainers start when they're 40

-Bad guys, why does there have to be bad guys? and why do WE have to fight them? honestly the champions and elite fours should make quicker work of them

Looking back on what everyone including myself wrote, I think we'd need stronger consoles for all the customisation and depth involved :p
I may sound harsh on the B/W but that's only because I love the pokemon series and want it to be perfect :D

-I would like to be able to choose the pokemon I start with, I mean outside of the average starters, In the anime lots of people start out with pokemon like Growlithe, Eevee and other cool pokemon and though I adore my starters, I think we should have more of a choice.

-I would like to be able to travel between regions like in HG and SS, except I would like to be able to travel between all of them, rather than just two.

-We should also be able to choose which region to start in, some of the more experienced might prefer to start from a region they know best.

-Either completely 3d or completely 2d, PICK ONE! in B/W the game is set in 2.5d, It doesn't work as well as if it were completely one or the other.

-Better graphics, In B/W the graphics from the back of the pokemon are terrible, my emerald game looks way better and was made way before, and if the pokemon are going to move, they should do more than just flap around.

-Professions, your avatar should be able to choose a profession, being a trainer's great, but it's exhausting catching and training all those pokemon.

-Age, you should also be able to choose age, and looks based on age, some pokemon trainers start when they're 40

-Bad guys, why does there have to be bad guys? and why do WE have to fight them? honestly the champions and elite fours should make quicker work of them

Looking back on what everyone including myself wrote, I think we'd need stronger consoles for all the customisation and depth involved :p
I may sound harsh on the B/W but that's only because I love the pokemon series and want it to be perfect :D

1. You can always catch a new Pokemon and ditch your starter, though, but I get what you mean. However, I think it's better to just keep a limited choice in the games, giving too many options isn't always for the better.

2. Travel between all regions is overdoing it, imo. Visiting one other region besides the main one is okay, but please, not all.

3. The thing about new Pokemon games is to have an adventure in a new region and explore new places never before seen and not about re-visiting old regions all the time cause Trainers happen to know them best. Only visiting places you already know isn't so adventourus, either. Besides, what would exactly happen everywhere? There would barely be anything new, anywhere.

4 and 5. The Pokemon games are going into full 3D now, so sprites isn't an issue anymore. Still, I agree about the back sprites in BW and B2W2 being really bad. Actually, the front sprites are terrible too with their stiff and limited movements. Glad that's over soon. I also annoy myself at their shadows, which are just filled versions of their sprites put on the ground. Because of this, a lot of the time the shadows are off from their feet and it looks like the Pokemon is hovering. With a 3D world, shadowing is easier to make look natural, so I'm sure it will be better in XY.

6. I don't know what I think here. The main games are primary about Trainers battling other Trainers, so I think it will stay like that. If they would introduce a Coordinator path, they'd have to introduce the double amount of characters to challenge, but that may not actually be a problem.

7. I think it's better to just keep them as young Trainers. They're avatars, after all, just like in any other game.

8. We need a plot. If we're not battling the bad guys, then we're just traveling a region with the only goal being to defeat the champion, and honestly, how exciting is that?

2. Travel between all regions is overdoing it, imo. Visiting one other region besides the main one is okay, but please, not all.

Agreed. I'm all for being able to travel to previous regions, in fact I'd love for that to be in it, but having them all is maybe not completely necessary and a bit unrealistic. One of my fondest memories from any of the games was travelling back to Kanto in Gold so I'm all for maybe one or two previous regions added.

I have to also agree that being able to finally customise your character should be added. I'd love to be able to alter their look, they could even add in trainer and gym leader attires from older games as a nice touch.

Things I want:
  • The return of Contests; the Musical and the Pokéstar do not please me at all. This would also help the anime a lot.
  • A Gym Leader who specializes in Dark-type Pokémon; it's about time.
  • A larger, with more things to explore region; Unova was kind of small.
  • A woman in charge of the villainous team; women can also be evil.
  • A Dragon-type Eeveelution; Dragon is the only "special" type without one.
Things I do not want:
  • A Gym Leader who specializes in Electric or Water-type Pokémon; they are in all regions but Johto.
  • Fennekin to evolve into a Fire/Fighting Pokémon; four in a row would be too much.
  • A Psychic or Dragon-type legendary Pokémon; enough is enough.
  • Two rivals; I think Hugh is better than Cheren and Bianca combined.
  • Evolutions for Generation V Pokémon; let's focus on Generation III, please.

I think that if you want a Pokemon game that allows all region traveling, then you should find an MMORPG. Because the size of the game would encompass such large amount of data.

I want two or three rivals. Hugh was a fucking douche he was more concerned with accomplishing something that should be impossible then taking down team plasma. How was he able to find Liepard? Team Plasma is a large organization that uses a lot of Purlion and that was five years ago. How old is Sister fucking 7 or 8 that was when she was 2 or 3 I didn't remember anything before I was four WHEN I WAS FOUR and I have distinct memories of this. She probably would've forgotten and moved pasted it(and probably did anyways) if the douche bag didn't keep bringing it up. And he was such a fucking little ingrate to Rood. /endrant

I want them to change the rules a little more pokemon for a party or more moves per pokemon or at least something I mean they kicked the idea around in Gen 3

0ne thing I really want is that they increase the boxes more than the minimum I say at least 32

Dynamic shadows/realistic lighting. I'd like to see shadows of trees and buildings move throughout the day.

I'm probably alone in not liking to travel to another region, to me HGSS and G/S/C before them seemed to relly so much in being able to travel to Kanto, that Johto sucked, the levels were all really wonky.

I thought of something.

Give Black Kyurem a strong Physical Ice-type move that doesn't have any two-turn and accuracy drawbacks like Freeze Shock. Special White Kyurem got Ice Beam, so why didn't Physical Black Kyurem get anything? Seriously.

Either give him Ice Punch, to share Ice Beam's "10% chance of freezing the target", or Icicle Crash.

Back
Top Bottom