• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Moves/Abilities

Since we got burning water, I dunno what's the problem with freezing fire or something similar.

Water can burn if you heat it to boiling. The japanese name of the attack even translates to Boiling Water, if I remember correctly. Fire can't freeze, like, ever.

I would like to see more secondary effects move out of the types they're pigeonholed in, though. Like, maybe a chilled water attack that can freeze, or a poison attack that can burn (ie chemical burns). Maybe a burning sun-based grass attack.

Since we got burning water, I dunno what's the problem with freezing fire or something similar.

Water can burn if you heat it to boiling. The japanese name of the attack even translates to Boiling Water, if I remember correctly. Fire can't freeze, like, ever.

I would like to see more secondary effects move out of the types they're pigeonholed in, though. Like, maybe a chilled water attack that can freeze, or a poison attack that can burn (ie chemical burns). Maybe a burning sun-based grass attack.

I think he was talking about an ICE attack that causes a burn, e.g. freezer burn.

I think he was talking about an ICE attack that causes a burn, e.g. freezer burn.

So like Ice Burn, but for other things? Okay.

No I'm talking about a fire that can freeze you, not Ice Burn. I know Scald is based on a realistic case of boiling water, but it would still be nice to see something out their like that. I mean plenty of Mythos have fire that's actually really really cold, so incorporating it into Pokemon would be nice to see.

I would like Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza to have signature moves. All the other legendaries with a base-stat total over 600 have a signature move, so I think they should too.

How about moves with something to do with their respective weathers? (Or lack thereof.) Or even tied to them. It'd be a new concept. Say, Rayquaza's may only work when under weather. If Rayquaza is brought out, which stops a snowstorm, then the move becomes ice typed, or has a freeze bonus. Groudon's could be a powerful Ground (or Fire) type move, but removes the Sunny Day weather. And Kyogre's a powerful water type move, but removes the Rain weather. To balance them, the latter two could be re/chargable, as they'd get the weather bonus which would make them crazy powerful.

Rayquaza: Climate Change [just for the thrill of the title]: Dragon (120 Base Power)/This move gains additional effects depending on the weather removed by Rayquaza. Stab is always applied. (Snowstorm = Freeze 30%, treated as an ice type move.)/(Intense Sunlight = Burn 30%, treated as a fire type move.)/(Heavy Rain = Lower Special Defense 30%, treated as a water type move.)/(Sandstorm = Lower Accuracy 30%, treated as a rock type move.)/(Fog (If it returns) = Lower Accuracy 50%, treated as a normal type move. Lowers accuracy better than Sandstorm as normal is not super effective against anything.) The move is like a more powerful version of weather ball, like Psystrike to Psyshock for Mewtwo.

Groundon: Solar Power [not sure if that'd work, as it's an ability]: Ground (100 Base Power)/This move is 50% more powerful when used under Intense Sunlight. Removes the weather effect, then must be charged. (30% Burn Chance.)

Kyogre: Cloud Burst: Water (100 Base Power)/This move is 50% more powerful when used under Heavy Rain. Removes the weather effect, then must be charged. (30% Lower Special Defense 2 Stages.)

Technically, Weather Ball is more powerful - but only when used by Castform. So, are the moves overpowered? Not to sure, but a second opinion always helps.

Thunderstorm, Electric type move which will be able for the flying types, it would be awesome...

With all the talk of Xerneus being based off several creatures or whatever it is i got a crazy idea. A move or Ability that allows a pokemon to duplicate itself. It would function better as a move that can work outside of battle. Like dividing Black Kyurem into Kyurem and Zekrom. As an ability the pokemon would be sent out twice when it is sent into a double or triple battle. It could possibly cut the HP in half to make the ability not so crazy.

Does anyone have any ideas on what Yveltal's and Xerneas' signature moves (assuming they get one) will be?

We need to have those things:
- A physical, Flying-type move that has decent power and accuracy, doesn't take two turns like Fly and is distributed to most Flying-type Pokemon. Drill Peck has really bad distribution, Brave Bird's is better, but it has recoil. I imagine things like Aerodactyl will appreciate such a move.
- A Grass-type Stealth Rock - I don't know, it might involve scattering around thorns or something. The reason it should be Grass-type? Many of the Pokemon types weak to Stealth Rock will be resistant to a Grass-type variation - Bugs, Flying-types and Fire-types. Meanwhile, Ground-types that resist Stealth Rock will be hit for super effective damage and it might make Water-types less overpowered.
- A special Flying-type move called Thermal Burst that involves a Pokemon flapping its wings to generate hot wind currents, kind of like Heat Wave but more wind-related. It will have a 30% burn chance and Togekiss will be able to learn it. Fun.

BTW I think dual-type moves would make everything horribly complicated... Plus we're going to have things like octuple weaknesses.

No I'm talking about a fire that can freeze you, not Ice Burn. I know Scald is based on a realistic case of boiling water, but it would still be nice to see something out their like that. I mean plenty of Mythos have fire that's actually really really cold, so incorporating it into Pokemon would be nice to see.

This I think: Cold Flames - Television Tropes & Idioms It seems to be more spiritual than chemical though. We could get a fire type based around that concept, the more powerful it gets the cooler but stronger it's flames become. I could actually see Fennekin pulling that off, depending on where they take it's evolution.

Does anyone have any ideas on what Yveltal's and Xerneas' signature moves (assuming they get one) will be?

That depends on their typings, which is anyone's guess. Yveltal will probably get some almighty Dark type move, but predicting Xerneas's typing, yet alone signature move is much harder.

In other news, I think everyone can agree that Ice types really need a buff of some kind. I suggested this before, but an ability named: Skate/Swift Ice Doubles the user's speed in hail. Hail should also get a good buff: It either makes Ice Pokemon more powerful, akin to Rain/Sun or it enhances their defenses (Defense) to compliment Sandstorm doing the same with Rock type Pokemon. (Special Defense)

I don't support the option of a Stealth Ice, because I feel that if a lot of water types or other types had access to it, just as many more types other than Rock have access to Stealth Rock then it defeats the purpose. I'd only support it if limited to Ice types only.

I want an ability, called Caution, perhaps, that grants immunity to entry hazards.

A Ghost move with a base power of over 80. I know Hex can be 100 if the opponent suffers a major ailment, but I want something not relying on those ailments. And there's Shadow Force, but only Giratina and Arceus learn it. Or maybe increase Shadow Ball's base power.

I'd like a physical Electric move other than Thunderpunch and more powerful than Spark and Thunder Fang. I know we have Wild Charge but I kinda dislike the recoil.

I also had an idea for a Water-type move that is basically the opposite of Scald. So the Pokémon would attack with freezing cold water that might have a chance of freezing the opponent.

I also had an idea for a Water-type move that is basically the opposite of Scald. So the Pokémon would attack with freezing cold water that might have a chance of freezing the opponent.

I like this. Maybe it could be called Frostbite? It would kind of be like being exposed to liquid nitrogen or other cryogenic fluids.

How about a move with a tiny distribution (or hell make it signature) that uses the lower of the opponent's two defensive stats.

I want to see a move that does no damage but is guaranteed to freeze the opponent. All other status conditions have moves like that, and plenty have multiple ones.
Poison has Poison Gas, Poisonpowder, and Toxic Spikes
Paralysis has Thunder Wave and Stun Spore
Sleep has Spore, Sweet Kiss (when it doesn't cause confusion), Sleep Powder, Hypnosis, Dark Void, and Grasswhistle
Fire has Will-o-wisp
Confusion has Supersonic, Confuse Ray, and (sometimes) Sweet Kiss

Also, I want to see the ice, poison, and sleep equivalents of Dynamicpunch, Zap Cannon, and Inferno, where they have 100 power, 50 accuracy, and are guaranteed to give a certain status condition.
For poison they could have something like Poison Burst; for freezing they could have something like Deep Chill; for sleep they could have something like Sleeper Hold.

@Rainbow Dashie; Those are good ideas, but didn't you forget Lovely Kiss for the guaranteed sleep ailment list? (not to be confused with sweet kiss, which is guaranteed confusion instead)

I could see them do the freeze equivalant to Inferno. In fact, that is what I'd want to see. Don't mess it up, GameFreak.

@Rainbow Dashie; Those are good ideas, but didn't you forget Lovely Kiss for the guaranteed sleep ailment list? (not to be confused with sweet kiss, which is guaranteed confusion instead)

I could see them do the freeze equivalant to Inferno. In fact, that is what I'd want to see. Don't mess it up, GameFreak.

Oh, I forgot those were two different moves. Oops.

Also, I'd like to see more of the Hyper Beam attacks for the different types that don't have them yet. So far, there's Hyper Beam and Giga Impact for Normal-types, Rock Wrecker for Rock-types, Roar of Time for Dragons (although I'm not sure that should count because it's exclusive to Dialga), Frenzy Plant for Grass-types, Blast Burn for Fire-types, and Hydro Cannon for Water-types.
Flying: Perfect Storm
Poison: Toxic Surge
Ice: Frozen Blast
Ground: Mega Quake
Bug: Swarm Strike
Fighting: Piledriver
Steel: Steel Crush
Dark: Dark Fury
Psychic: Brain Storm
Ghost: Nightmare Strike
Electric: Thunderblast

My ultimate wish, I think, is simply this: Every Pokemon gets a fifth Ultimate move based on evolution family. The move cannot be changed or switched out in any way. The fifth move is tied intrinsically to that Pokemon's evolution family (So for example, Flareon and Jolteon would have the same Ultimate). The move requires some sort of charge up via meter, and the effects would vary depending on family. Basically, an active Ability/PokePower. This would require the development of 289 moves, I know. But I think it would be more than worth it in the end and shake up Pokemon far more than adding another smattering of random moves you can slot into the four move existing structure.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom