• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you want in Gen 6?

What I really want is to be able to re-name traded and event Pokémon.

Back when your only trading options were friends/irl people, keeping the "sentiment" of the original nickname kinda made sense. And if you didn't like the name, you could always pester your bud to trade it back and change the name.

But now that trade's opened up worldwide, the "sentiment" thing doesn't make as much sense. Besides which, if you get a badly-named 'mon, you're stuck with a dumb nickname. ヽ( ̄д ̄;)

Remember DUX? I sure do. As for me, I'd like a super-detailed Pokedex akin to the fanmade ones online; maybe not in-game, but maybe as a bonus or side game.

What if we got a number system type of pokémon that mirrors Unown? Lazy, yes, but soon enough Game Freak will have to resort to it when they really run out of ideas.

What if we got a number system type of pokémon that mirrors Unown? Lazy, yes, but soon enough Game Freak will have to resort to it when they really run out of ideas.

only problem with that is, unlike letters, numbers are infinite. Maybe they could make a pokemon line similar to Unown, but using Greek, Japanese, etc. instead of the English alphabet. Heck, I bet they could have a cool sidequest dedicated to the two lines of pokemon then lol

only problem with that is, unlike letters, numbers are infinite. Maybe they could make a pokemon line similar to Unown, but using Greek, Japanese, etc. instead of the English alphabet. Heck, I bet they could have a cool sidequest dedicated to the two lines of pokemon then lol

Not really. There are only ten numbers. All the rest are a combination of those numbers, just like every word is a combination of certain letters.

Not really. There are only ten numbers. All the rest are a combination of those numbers, just like every word is a combination of certain letters.
Yeah.

As for the other letters, in the movie Spell of the Unown, there are Greek letter Unown, as well as Egyptian ones, from what I've read on Bulbapedia's page on the Unown.
So if there are more forms of Unown, then it'll most likely be other alphabets.

Hieroglyph Unown would be neat, in my opinion.

Just a pity that Unown can only learn Hidden Power, though :/

I really want another Pokewalker like device with Gen 6. I loved the idea and still do, honestly I'd love it if they did this again. I kinda got my doubts on them making another Pokewalker again, but still.

This would be great...though I also doubt that it would happen, since the "give them a tiny device to fool around with" scheme seems to be something they only do with remakes, to help sell them.

I hope there's something with the RSEmakes, then.

But then again, I'd be happy with it coming with any sort of tiny device, even if it's not exactly a pokéwalker, or even has the same function. I just feel that having such a device (especially one you carry around) helps expand the 'feel' of Pokémon.

Yeah.

As for the other letters, in the movie Spell of the Unown, there are Greek letter Unown, as well as Egyptian ones, from what I've read on Bulbapedia's page on the Unown.
So if there are more forms of Unown, then it'll most likely be other alphabets.

Hieroglyph Unown would be neat, in my opinion.

Just a pity that Unown can only learn Hidden Power, though :/

UGH unknown. too bad they didnt evolve into sigilyph. another luvdisc/alomomola fail. it would be nice though if any type of unknown evolved into some sort of useful pokemon.

in gen 6 i'd like to see them drop the movie and decorate+dance thing and bring back the cool/smart/cute/whatever competitions. i'd like to see an optional walking pokemon feature, avatar customization from a fixed list, apricorns and berries you can plant, secret bases, and a less complicated way to access dreamworld things and pokemon.

^This. The contests have been getting steadily worse in each gen. They were perfectly fine in Gen III! Fun, even! Why did they try to fix what wasn't broke?

Personally I want moving weather patterns, not just have one area where it typically rains, and another area where it typically hails, or have the weather decided by a legendary in a area. That isn't how weather reacts. Have a weather radar built into what ever handheld tool the player gets, that can show storm fronts moving through the region, something like this would be pretty easy to do, but also make things a whole lot more realistic.

How about nomadic herds? Like a combination of roaming legendaries and swarms, a species of mon that changes it's location daily.

I wonder how they'll handle the "Surf" and "Fly" animations (if the HMs are kept as they currently are) now that the games will be in full 3D.

Personally I want moving weather patterns, not just have one area where it typically rains, and another area where it typically hails, or have the weather decided by a legendary in a area. That isn't how weather reacts. Have a weather radar built into what ever handheld tool the player gets, that can show storm fronts moving through the region, something like this would be pretty easy to do, but also make things a whole lot more realistic.

I agree with this so bad. They really need to introduce this, because the "weather system" they have now is extremely dull.

I wonder how they'll handle the "Surf" and "Fly" animations (if the HMs are kept as they currently are) now that the games will be in full 3D.

Hopefully they won't continue with the "Pokemon changes into a ball and flies up" concept. I guess it made sense when backsprites used to be half, but I never understood why they continued to use it in BW/B2W2.

I agree with this so bad. They really need to introduce this, because the "weather system" they have now is extremely dull.

Hopefully they won't continue with the "Pokemon changes into a ball and flies up" concept. I guess it made sense when backsprites used to be half, but I never understood why they continued to use it in BW/B2W2.

Speaking of which, it would be neat if Golurk flies like he does in the anime.
(He retracts his legs and shoots fire from his bottom)

I want vendors to sell at least ether. seems like an item that should be sold.

I would like to see 2D Animated Demo in various part of Pokemon X & Y Game !
Like ''Rune Factory'' or ''Inazuma eleven'' !
That way it will feel like playing a Pokemon Game & Watching an Anime at the same time .
I like if there enough footage to make a 3 minute Amv like the ''Rune Factory'' amv

That way it will feel like playing a Pokemon Game & Watching an Anime at the same time .
I like if there enough footage to make a 3 minute Amv like the ''Rune Factory'' amv

I dont see why they couldnt introduce proper anime 'cutscenes' for important events ingame. It would be a nice touch and it would be rather exciting to have one occur in the storyline.

I dont see why they couldnt introduce proper anime 'cutscenes' for important events ingame. It would be a nice touch and it would be rather exciting to have one occur in the storyline.

Yeah, the whole Kyurem absorbing Zekrom/Reshiram scene in B2W2 is the only actual cut scene, and it looks pretty ugly to me.

Yeah, the whole Kyurem absorbing Zekrom/Reshiram scene in B2W2 is the only actual cut scene, and it looks pretty ugly to me.

Theres also the one of Team Plasmas ship taking off.

i know that it would basically be like cheating but, maybe they could change rare candies into items sold.

at an extremely high price though?

Back
Top Bottom