• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Expanded evolution lines of previous Pokemon you'd like to see?

I think that at least one Eeveelution is likely going to be introduced this generation, what with all the hype that Nintendo are building up about the Eevee short, and I also think it's likely to be Dragon-type, as that's the last remaining type that was special (as in, not physical) before Gen IV.

Other evolutions I'd like to see would be a Sableye evolution (preferably with the same typing), and an alternate Scyther evolution that occurs 'naturally' (like level-up or happiness or something, not trade) and keeps its scythes and high speed; Scizor just seem... strange, somehow.

A prevo of Drowzee might be good too.

You know , I actually would like all Eeveelution to have a Expend Evolution rather then a whole new Eeveelution.
I just like the idea of Espion evolving into a such cooler pokemon .

So I was thinking about Eeveelutions, and what would theme be this time round for the types? Gen 1 had the pseudo secondary trio going on, gen 2 was day and night light and dark, and gen 4 was the effects of humidity in hot weather compared to cold weather with the Moss Rock and the Ice rock. Going by that, we can either assume Dragon/Steel, to kind of go for a motif of the knight and dragon if this is France, or perhaps fighting/flying, to go for the land vs sky theme.

Definitely the dragon/knight theme, even better since it continues off from Gen 5's theme in a way. Not only that, but I cannot imagine for the life of me a fighting typed Eeveelution looking right in the second scenario.

If GameFreak went with a land vs sky theme hopefully Rock/Ground is chosen over Fighting since that makes more sense anyways.

You know , I actually would like all Eeveelution to have a Expend Evolution rather then a whole new Eeveelution.
No, just plain and simply no. Vaporeon has enough HP as it is, Flareon sucks cause of its movepool otherwise it would be a glass cannon on amphetamines , and I cannot fathom the results of a magic bounce Espeon evolution, with additional stats. All the other Eeveelutions are more or less the same, they would become too overpowered. There's also a reason why Jolteon doesn't get Electro ball, cause it would be far too OP as is.

So I was thinking about Eeveelutions, and what would theme be this time round for the types? Gen 1 had the pseudo secondary trio going on, gen 2 was day and night light and dark, and gen 4 was the effects of humidity in hot weather compared to cold weather with the Moss Rock and the Ice rock. Going by that, we can either assume Dragon/Steel, to kind of go for a motif of the knight and dragon if this is France, or perhaps fighting/flying, to go for the land vs sky theme.

Definitely the dragon/knight theme, even better since it continues off from Gen 5's theme in a way. Not only that, but I cannot imagine for the life of me a fighting typed Eeveelution looking right in the second scenario.

If GameFreak went with a land vs sky theme hopefully Rock/Ground is chosen over Fighting since that makes more sense anyways.
I corrected myself in a previous post, I know I made a mistake about the fighting. :p

They can always do it the same fashion as Muskedeers - quadrupedal swordsman, with some kind of blade on its neck or as horn.
So, even if the dragon/knight theme will somehow turn out to be true, the Knight Eevee would probably be fighting, not steel-type~

No, just plain and simply no. Vaporeon has enough HP as it is, Flareon sucks cause of its movepool otherwise it would be a glass cannon on amphetamines , and I cannot fathom the results of a magic bounce Espeon evolution, with additional stats. All the other Eeveelutions are more or less the same, they would become too overpowered. There's also a reason why Jolteon doesn't get Electro ball, cause it would be far too OP as is.
Too Bad !
Unlike You , I believe that all Pokemon should have a Expend Evolution or a per-evolutionary from !

But let us Imagine a DUALl type EEVEEloution! That would be a huge twist!!?

like if a eevee levels up in a "honey tree" field during day it evolves into flying-bug if it happens during night it becomes ghost-bug

Last edited:
has anyone mentioned a desire for a genesect pre-plasma "prevo" or alt forme? cuzzzzz i'd really really like that. maybe as a 3rd fossil pokemon in this version. paralleling aerodactyl as the 3rd fossil family and a non-evolving pokemon, and i guess sort of paralleling mewtwo and mew. just a big feral bug/rock fossil beast. one that ate all other fossil pokemon for breakfast.

:edit: just realized that i'm the one that mentioned it, lol in the legendary pokes thread. XD

Pokémon that shall receive evolutions:
*Dunsparce (Shedinja-treatment, but not genderless)
*Plusle and Minun (Porygon-treatment, receive 2 evolutions, or fusion evolutions)
*Torkoal (Roselia-treatment)
*Combee (needs male evolution because males are too common)
*Emolga (Porygon-treatment, same as above, but this will make Sentret useless)
*Durant (Roselia-treatment)

Pokémon that shall receive pre-evolutions:
*Eevee (he's too small, so unlikely, but this will complete his evolution lines into three-stages)
*Sneasel (completing three-stage evolution lines)
*Lunatone and Solrock (even genderless Pokémon shall receive branched pre-evo)
*Buizel (completing three-stage evolution lines)
*Buneary (completing three-stage evolution lines)
*Pansage, Pansear, Panpour (the pre-evo can evolve into one of three via Stones)
*Minccino (Pikachu-treatment)

Other: A trio-master for Throh and Sawk (Hitmons-treatment)

Pokémon that shall receive evolutions:
*Dunsparce (Shedinja-treatment, but not genderless)
*Plusle and Minun (Porygon-treatment, receive 2 evolutions, or fusion evolutions)
*Torkoal (Roselia-treatment)
*Combee (needs male evolution because males are too common)
*Emolga (Porygon-treatment, same as above, but this will make Sentret useless)
*Durant (Roselia-treatment)

I can see Torkoal and Durant getting a 3-stage line almost definitely. I'm looking forward to that a lot! Of course I'm still holding out for the Dunsparce dragon evo, but even if it isn't dragon I'm sure it will have a new evo anyway, which is awesome. Combee does need a male evo, but I'm a little unsure that it will happen. Emolga, Plusle and Minun could do with evo's, but I think they'll be left alone. Tying Plusle and Minun together with some sort of 'fusion' evo would just be freaking sweet, and if a new 'fusion evo' method was implemented, Gen VI would be a great time to do it.

*Eevee (he's too small, so unlikely, but this will complete his evolution lines into three-stages)
*Pansage, Pansear, Panpour (the pre-evo can evolve into one of three via Stones)

I hope none of these Pokémon get pre-evo's. ALL of these are small enough that a baby pre-evo would just be ridiculously tiny. There is one exception though: Lunatone and Solrock. I think a pre-evo that branches into Lunatone at night or Solrock during the day would be fantastic. I'm surprised it wasn't done in Gen IV, but nonetheless a pre-evo that branches into each is MORE than welcomed by me!

Other: A trio-master for Throh and Sawk (Hitmons-treatment)

Although treading on Gen II's feet, I reckon Nintendo will introduce a pre-evo that branches into Throh/Sawk Tyrogue style. I can't see the family spreading horizontally though (ie, more Throhs or Sawks like they did with Hitmontop).

Please no, Eevee should not receive a pre-evolution. Eevee is supposed to be unique in that it can evolve into many different things, not being a regular three-stage evolutionary line, so what would a pre-evolution add? Egg moves? They should give the individual Eeveelutions (read: Flareon) wider movepools instead of handing out Egg moves that I think wouldn't contribute much anyway. I'd rather see a Normal-type Eeveelution than a baby Eevee.

Also, if every evolutionary line was made up of three stages then nothing would really be unique, and it'd be kind of repetitive.

I can see Lunatone and Solrock receiving a common pre-evo that evolves into either depending on the time of day, as well a Sawk and Throh, cause branched-evolutions are fun. There's probably some others out there but these I are the ones I can think of right now.

I'd like to see some surprising evos in the new game. Something unexpected like a Cloyster evo where it's shell gets withered away or a Corsola evo going from a small Pokemon to a large sea faring land mass. Anything could happen.

I don't want any pre-evolutions of existing Pokémon and especially not baby pre-evolutions. I find them boring and unnecessary.

Now what I would like to see is an evolution for Magcargo. Slugma evolves into Magcargo at level 38, which is kinda late, so the new evo could be through trade. Other than Magcargo, I wouldn't mind a Corsola and a Kecleon evolution. And I'd love it if they could do something with Ledian, so that that line could be more usable.

For a new eevee evolution, specifically, I would like a ghost type. It would have to be exposed to the dusk stone.

I don't want any pre-evolutions of existing Pokémon and especially not baby pre-evolutions. I find them boring and unnecessary.

Now what I would like to see is an evolution for Magcargo. Slugma evolves into Magcargo at level 38, which is kinda late, so the new evo could be through trade. Other than Magcargo, I wouldn't mind a Corsola and a Kecleon evolution. And I'd love it if they could do something with Ledian, so that that line could be more usable.

i LOVE ledian, i hope it gets a more useful evo too lol but still, being bug/flying makes it tough. even yanmega is iffy as far as battle usefulness is. :D

Giving Ledian an evolution would be pretty cool, but I'm of the opinion that they won't ever touch the early-game mammals, birds and bugs with new evolutions. It could happen, but I won't believe they will until I see it.

Mawile is the top one I want to see get an expanded evolution family. I'm not really sure why I like Mawile, maybe because it's just awfully adorable.

For a new eevee evolution, specifically, I would like a ghost type. It would have to be exposed to the dusk stone.

In general, they seem like they prefer to create completely different ways to evolve a previous Pokemon instead of suddenly retconning an evolution in when the method could have been possible before. As such, I doubt they would have Eevee evolve via dusk stone. They'd more likely create a new stone or a location for it.

I would like to see an evolution for Houndoom, about level 36 or 38 maybe. Houndour evolves at level 24 so I believe it would fit. Houndoom's stats are 495 (I think) so I believe the new evolution's should be 525 or 535. Well, 530 sounds about right.

EDIT: Turns out Houndoom's stats are actually 500, so I was off a little. The new evolution would be like this:

HP: 85
Attack: 90
Defense: 70
Sp. Attack: 110
Sp. Defense: 85
Speed: 100

This is an increase of 10 for the HP stat, 20 for defense, 5 for special defense and 5 for speed. This gives it a total of 540, which is a little more than I initially thought but would make for a great third stage 'mon. I see it as a more resilient Houndoom that retains its ability to hit hard with high Attack and Sp. Attack.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom