• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Pokémon Ninfia revealed in CoroCoro: New Eeveelution unveiled

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
New Pokémon Ninfia revealed in CoroCoro: New Eeveelution unveiled

Scans from the latest CoroCoro leak have revealed the sixth new Pokémon from the upcoming Pokémon X and Y. The new Pokémon, Ninfia, is a new evolution of Eevee.

Read more on Bulbanews

Just looking, I couldn't guess it's type. Unless somebody who knows enough Japanese can garner from its name what it might be.

The name "Ninfia" is probably a reference to nimbus clouds, so it could be a Flying type, but I'm not willing to say that's certain.

This looks like a really cool Pokémon, can't wait to see it in 3D. :)

It looks like the sort of Pokemon that should evolve with a high Beauty rating. I really can't see how it could be any type other than normal, it doesn't have any obvious hints of anything else.

Or it could evolve from a moon stone, perhaps. I'm guessing Normal-type as well, though Ninfia does sound kind of like 'Nymph', as in like a fairy, so I'll take an option out on flying type.

I'm gonna say bug-type because of the butterfly-like ribbon thingies: give Eevee a ribbon, trade it away, evolves into Nynfeon.

Hmm... I'm leaning toward either a Normal-type (judging by it's fairly plain coloring and design) or a Flying-type (due to above mentions of nimbus clouds and the butterfly-like ribbons). Though a Bug-type isn't impossible either, but it seems to lack Bug-type characteristics, the only thing I see are the butterfly ribbons that could possibly connected it to the Bug-type. Either way, it looks adorable. That rounds up the Eeveelutions to a grand total of eight. I wonder what it'll look like in 3D. Guess we'll know soon enough.

I'm going for the Fighting type because I think that the prefix "Nin" might have been taken from the word "Ninja".
A few related examples: Leafia, Glacia etc.

My money's presently on flying type, due to the sky-blue eyes and assortment of floating/butterfly-shaped ribbons. If that turns out to be the case, then I'm glad that they went with a more interesting design than simply sticking a pair of eagle wings on its back (as I've seen done in countless fan art).

I think flying is indeed the most plausible, though I consider bug a possibility as well (large, round eyes, the butterfly shapes, the ribbons)
It seems a bit too... decorated? to be a normal type

I say Flying-type or Normal-type. To me the bows/feathers look like they could be used as wings.Also as someone above mentioned , the name might derive from nimbus cloud or maybe even nymph.
Either way it's rather cute.

I think its name came from nymph, not the myth one
but another meaning:
- young girl, especially one who inspires lustful feelings
- (attractive young woman): lolita, nymphet, nymphette

Based on Ninfia's coloring (which looks surprisingly similar to Happiny/Chansey/Blissey), I'm going to speculate that this is a normal-type eeveelution. It's just too...well...cheerful and cute to NOT be a normal-type.

It's apparently the Eeveelution with the lowest weight, which makes flying seem likely to me. Pure flying, please. No more of this primary-normal-secondary-flying nonsense.

I actually had received word from someone who works at GameFreak that there was going to be a Pure Flying Eevee evolution. This confirms the statement.

I'm leading towards it being a Poison-type. It's pink, and the only other type I associate with that color is Psychic, (Espeon already exists) and nin could stand for ninja. Ninjas are often associated with Poison in this series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom