• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What'll happen after Episode N, and before X and Y?

John Understands

Somalian Anarchy Leader!
Reaction score
What I'm asking, is, what do you think will happen after Reshiram VS N! Beyond Truth and Ideals! and before the release of Pokémon X and Y?

There's still about 35 episodes left in Best Wishes before we say Best Wishes to it.

*Cabernet vs Langley, a fight to death,
*Iris will be married to a prince, only to discover that he's a pokemon in disguise,
*Dent and his secret history with Choroneko.
*Another crossdressing episode?
*Cameos of Kanto characters...

Seeing that the movie is still due for summer, and XY in fall, all I could see is the ShoPro working with Pokémon International getting the dub out of the way so that everyone can be on the same page on the game release. So I expect to see a conclusion arc, then 13 episodes of reruns.

Seeing that the movie is still due for summer, and XY in fall, all I could see is the ShoPro working with Pokémon International getting the dub out of the way so that everyone can be on the same page on the game release. So I expect to see a conclusion arc, then 13 episodes of reruns.

I don't know if they would want to have months of reruns in Japan just so that the dub could catch up. That doesn't really sound like the best way to handle the series, especially when they probably would want to keep new episodes going until the X/Y series starts. I think that the only time the series went on hiatus for months was after the Porygon episode aired, so that seems rather unlikely to me to happen too. Plus, I don't think that the higher ups would want to spend more time and money at the studios to dub more episodes.

Remember that, if you follow this theory, every country in the world that transmites Pokémon would need to, uhm, let's say, rush the dub like fifty Tauros running. Here in Brazil, for example, the season Rival Destinies was due to start on March 02th by Cartoon Network, but now they've postponed it and we have no more informations yet.

Back on topic, I have no idea about how they will fill this... gap.

Last edited:
I see there being an episode after the last of the three part-ers, where Ash, Iris, And Cilan return to Numeuva. This will deal with what Iris, and Cilan are doing now that Ash is peace'n out of Unova. Then one final episode or two of the boat/plane trip home to Kanto, where Ash will be seen running over the hill top into Pallet Town with an interruption from Team Rocket. and at the very end, instead of To be Continued.

It will do the classic, Next time... A new Beginning!

Ash and co get a temporary mentor and it is going to be filler tastic or something like that. Ash does some sort of uber training cause he needs it

I see there being an episode after the last of the three part-ers, where Ash, Iris, And Cilan return to Numeuva. This will deal with what Iris, and Cilan are doing now that Ash is peace'n out of Unova. Then one final episode or two of the boat/plane trip home to Kanto, where Ash will be seen running over the hill top into Pallet Town with an interruption from Team Rocket. and at the very end, instead of To be Continued.

It will do the classic, Next time... A new Beginning!

Either that or an arcs that might be the slow start of the beginning of the end of ash's pokemon journey and that is an 3 arcs 1st is arresting the most elusive poacher of all time (so far) the one and only Hunter J 2nd the arc that I am hope to see and that is TR's disbandment and 3rd is the ketchum's family tree

Honestly, the N vs Reshiram episode seems more like the climax of the Reshiram plot. There's still the Genesect plot to focus on (plus some Team Plasma mind-controlling Pokémon thing) which at least will last until the movie's premiere or however way the writers intend to let the series and movie be related. Maybe some Team Plasma vs Team Rocket plot (unless that's the movie's thing) where Ash and co get caught up in it all and some more Handsome cameos too until he can arrest Team Plasma's asses.

Whether or not N stays around I have no idea. With all the focus he has in particularly the Opening and Ending sequences I doubt he'll be gone after April, but the writers have surprised us before. He and Reshiram could fly off into the sunset for all we know (and make an epic return in the movie *_*).

We still have some in-game locations that haven't appeared in the anime yet. For all we know, Ash and co. could just take the plane in Mistralton City (which should probably be close to White Ruins) and go to Lentimas Town for one reason or another. While I do find it unlikely, it'd be great to see Ash go to Black City/White Forest and challenge Benga.

Last edited:
Ash will lose what little experience he gained from BW.
Pikachu will be level 1.
At least one companion ill be canned.

The death and taxes of the anime.

Ash will lose what little experience he gained from BW.
Pikachu will be level 1.
At least one companion ill be canned.

The death and taxes of the anime.

I don't know, I could see Ash some what like his Johto or AG self again next series.

I think will see one last tournament arc, show Iris and Dento get one last battle in with there rivals and maybe Ash finally winning a tournament.

Iris and/or Cilan will be gone
Ash heads back home
He meets Paul again
Paul asks him for a battle
He brings out a new Pokemon from France England and he wins
Ash decides to leave home again and go to England to meet the queen

Ash heads back home
He meets Paul again

I could see something like that happening in the last couple of episodes of the series, although I'm not sure if they would bring Paul back, as awesome as that would be, but I don't think that they'll make up an arc about that. Iris and Cilan will stick around until the end of the series.

Ash heads back home
He meets Paul again

I could see something like that happening in the last couple of episodes of the series, although I'm not sure if they would bring Paul back, as awesome as that would be, but I don't think that they'll make up an arc about that. Iris and Cilan will stick around until the end of the series.
But they brought Gary back when everyone thought he was dead :yao:

Well, now I have a guess.

After Team Plasma being written out, and maybe Ghetsis and Achroma being arrested/somehow managed to escape, Looker receives a call from the International Police regardind Team Rocket and their 'experiments' with Pokémon (yeah, that's where Mewtwo enters in), as well as Team Plasma's. Knowing they're still looking to conquer Unova, Looker, alongside with Ash and cia, start to investigate possible locals that they might appear, then comes the Genesect Film and maybe a final assault into Team Rocket's Headquarters in Kanto.

My mind may have gone too far away, but that's it :~

After Team Plasma being written out, and maybe Ghetsis and Achroma being arrested/somehow managed to escape, Looker receives a call from the International Police regardind Team Rocket and their 'experiments' with Pokémon (yeah, that's where Mewtwo enters in), as well as Team Plasma's. Knowing they're still looking to conquer Unova, Looker, alongside with Ash and cia, start to investigate possible locals that they might appear, then comes the Genesect Film and maybe a final assault into Team Rocket's Headquarters in Kanto.
I really hope that we don't see Team Rocket (as an organization) in Unova, after Operation Tempest was said to be their Unova finale. Giovanni appears to have moved on even though Jessie and James haven't yet (due to Pikachu). If Looker wants to take on Team Rocket, which would be interesting as he appears to be cooperating with Jessie and James in Episode N, then he should do so in Kanto.

Some Iris/Cilan episodes (Iris beats Drayden. Cilan beats Burgundy, Iris leaves, Cilan goes on to Gen 6)
Another 4-episode-worse-than-junior-cup-tournament-arc-in-which-Burgundy-is-a-loser-Georgia-just-wins-against-COTDs-and-loses-against-a-normal-rival-Trip-beats-the-crap-out-of-everyone-and-Iris-has-obedience-problems-with-her-Pokemon thing. Probably Ash wins it
One or Two Pallet town episodes, just before season 6 (or even better, no Pallet Town at all, just right off to France!)

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom