• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Moves/Abilities

Atomic Bomb: Fire-type move. A Pokémon launches the huge fire ball at the sky, and drops onto the land to destroy all in-battle Pokémon's HPs. Hurts all the player's Pokémon. One-hit KO move.

I'd like an ability that boosts stockpile/swallow/spitup somehow... perhaps for a squirrel or bear 'mon? (as if they're storing food for the winter)

I'd also like more abilities like Sap Sipper, and variations thereof, i.e. raising Speed or other stats in lieu of raising Attack.

Atomic Bomb: Fire-type move. A Pokémon launches the huge fire ball at the sky, and drops onto the land to destroy all in-battle Pokémon's HPs. Hurts all the player's Pokémon. One-hit KO move.

That is in really poor taste.

I want them to create a couple of physical move variants of Leaf Blade, that would all create a group called the "Elemental Blades", similar to the Elemental Fangs/Punches.

I'd like to see Thunder Blade, Fire Blade and Frost Blade. I guess the Ice-type one could be replaced with Wave Blade or something though, which would be Water-type, to break off from the Electric/Fire/Ice thing.

I'd like to have Hail buffed up. It should raise all Ice type Pokemon's Defense and Special Defense by 50%. This way the type can be more viable. It's my favorite type but it sucks badly defensively.

Also:
Permafrost - Ability, When this Pokemon is on the field, the speed of all opponents is halved until switched out.

Fever - fire - physical - 75
Charges into foe passing on status condition

or

Fever - fire - physical - 70
Power doubled when ingliced by para/burn/poison

Either way this move on Flareon would maybe finally get the little guy out of 'easily worst eevee' status

Abilities that prevent stats from being altered by other Pokes:
Speed: Cruise Control
Attack: Consistency
Defense: Resilience
Sp. Attack: Systematic
Sp. Defense: Paranoid

i think there aren't enough offensive dark type moves. how about one kind of like solar beam or hyper beam or hydro canon? we could call it "dark canon" real creative, huh? perhaps if they make a new weather type that makes it night, it could have the same effect as solar beam.

i think there aren't enough offensive dark type moves. how about one kind of like solar beam or hyper beam or hydro canon? we could call it "dark canon" real creative, huh? perhaps if they make a new weather type that makes it night, it could have the same effect as solar beam.

Something along the lines of "Eclipse" as a dark based weather effect. It would also increase the healing done by moonlight. I never got why sunny weather gives the greatest boost when its the time you can least see the moon.

Something along the lines of "Eclipse" as a dark based weather effect. It would also increase the healing done by moonlight. I never got why sunny weather gives the greatest boost when its the time you can least see the moon.

Sunny Day's Japanese name translates to "Clear Skies", which is when the moon would be most visible. For English speakers the explanation could be that Moonlight's effect is strengthened because the moon's light is actually the sun's.

Sunny Day's Japanese name translates to "Clear Skies", which is when the moon would be most visible. For English speakers the explanation could be that Moonlight's effect is strengthened because the moon's light is actually the sun's.
so why not make the japanese one called "darkened skies" or something like that? unless that's what rain dance is called in japanese of course. or like solacen said, eclipse, eclipses happen when the moon passes between us and the sun making it dark. seems plausible.

so why not make the japanese one called "darkened skies" or something like that? unless that's what rain dance is called in japanese of course. or like solacen said, eclipse, eclipses happen when the moon passes between us and the sun making it dark. seems plausible.

Rain Dance is actually called Rain Prayer IIRC, but Eclipse sounds cool, but I'd prefer Blackout.

On the subject of a powerful Dark-type move, I'd love to see one called Crescent Blade, with 100 power and 90 accuracy. It has no additional effect. As for new abilities, I have a few in mind:

Snow Scope: All attacks from the user will hit the opponent in Hail, regardless of increases in the opponent's evasion.
Mastermind: Doubles power of all moves when your HP is in the red, but secondary effects will not appear.
Fragrance: Lowers the opponent's Special Defense upon entering battle (an equivalent to Intimidate).
Last Thoughts: Doubles a random stat when your HP is in the red.
Underhand: Lowers the opponent's chance of a secondary effect of their moves appearing.

On the subject of a powerful Dark-type move, I'd love to see one called Crescent Blade, with 100 power and 90 accuracy. It has no additional effect. As for new abilities, I have a few in mind:

Snow Scope: All attacks from the user will hit the opponent in Hail, regardless of increases in the opponent's evasion.

Won't that allow for 100% accurate One hit-KO's?

Alterations of Wake-up slap:
Paralysis: Chiropractory
Burn: Body Chill
Poison: Inject
Confusion: Attention Shout

So, thinking up abilities for the new mascots, I think I've reached a great one, hopefully I'll be able to come up with a not-totally disgruntled explanation of it, so, bear with me:

So, by their designs only, you can clearly tell that Xerneas and Yveltal are really majestic and badass looking Pokémon, and I think they both have that air thta commands respect, they're charismatic, or better, awe-inspiring, and I'd like that to transcend into an ability, that inspires even their foes, so I've come up with...

Thrall
When brought into the battle, there's a small (10-15%) chance of causing infatuation on the opposing pokémon, regardless of gender or even if they can breed to beging with.

Yeah yeah, I know infatuation might not translate well into awe-strucking their enemies, so maybe we could have a message come up, like: X Pokémon refuses to attack Yveltal/Xerneas!

More moves and/or abilities that can negate Stealth Rock, that would be great for me. Currently only a small fraction of psychic and ghost pokemon can effectively defend against it. Don't even try to tell me about Rapid Spin And Defog, those are useless, as SR has PP of even 32 times and that's IF you manage to guess that opponents will use it. Stealth Rock even goes against law of logic imo, seeing how it affects flying and levitating pokemon, whereas Spikes don't. Oh well I guess that I forgot Taunt, but that's sometimes not a really good solution either.

Other than that I don't really see what else could be done but as a suggestion I think that Outrage should always cause confusion and not cease attacking even if opponent uses protect etc.

It would be great imo if Nintendo would learn a way to deny the cheating, seeing how the strongest, rarest kind of pokemon can be produced without much effort is really annoying if you would think what hardship it is to get a pokemon like that using traditional methods. That's just my personal point of view though.

Trading was very weird and stupid sometimes STILL in 5th gen, I spent hundreds of hours playing my white and I never got to even see a Pikachu ;/

Last edited:
Stealth Rock even goes against law of logic imo, seeing how it affects flying and levitating pokemon, whereas Spikes don't.

In-game description of Stealth Rock:The user lays a trap of levitating stones around the opponent's team. The trap hurts opponents that switch into battle.

Stealth Rock even goes against law of logic imo, seeing how it affects flying and levitating pokemon, whereas Spikes don't.

In-game description of Stealth Rock:The user lays a trap of levitating stones around the opponent's team. The trap hurts opponents that switch into battle.

And how can exactly rock pokemon make them levitate? They're not psychic users. Flying pokemon should still have no problem avoiding even those.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom