• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The In-Game Team Advice Thread

Re: The In-Game Team Review Thread

@ninfiaVI;

I actually caught Eelektross in Seaside Cave as an Eelektrik, and then evolved her. I don't necessarily care about EVs. Thank you for your input though.

Originally Posted by FallenIdol_453:
@ninfiaVI;

I actually caught Eelektross in Seaside Cave as an Eelektrik, and then evolved her. I don't necessarily care about EVs. Thank you for your input though.

You know that training your pokemon for EVs takes only about ten minutes and saves you a lot of time in the long run.
Read this; it might change your mind.

Effort values - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

I'm not implying that you don't know about this mechanic (you have allegedly been a fan since you were 7), but I wonder if you're underestimating EVs?

I caught a Tynamo in Chargestone Cave and raising it into an Eelektross was one of the more difficult things I've done.
Hope yours turns out well and you get the Electric champ medal!

Ok, this is my FireRed team. I have already beaten the Elite Four the first time, but not the second. Since it's an in-game team, they're not EV trained.

Blastoise Lv. 62
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Waterfall
-Bite

Raichu Lv. 62
-Thunderbolt
-Brick Break
-Quick Attack
-Thunder Wave

Nidoking Lv. 62
-Sludge Bomb
-Earthquake
-Megahorn
-Thrash

Kadabra Lv. 62
-Psychic
-Shock Wave
-Shadow Ball (A huge mistake since it's physical in this game, I know)
-Recover

Arcanine Lv. 62
-Flamethrower
-Bite
-Extremespeed
-Dig

Dragonite Lv. 62
-Outrage
-Fly
-Waterfall
-Thunder Wave

What do you think?

Ok, this is my FireRed team. I have already beaten the Elite Four the first time, but not the second. Since it's an in-game team, they're not EV trained.

Blastoise Lv. 62
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Waterfall
-Bite

Raichu Lv. 62
-Thunderbolt
-Brick Break
-Quick Attack
-Thunder Wave

Nidoking Lv. 62
-Sludge Bomb
-Earthquake
-Megahorn
-Thrash

Kadabra Lv. 62
-Psychic
-Shock Wave
-Shadow Ball (A huge mistake since it's physical in this game, I know)
-Recover

Arcanine Lv. 62
-Flamethrower
-Bite
-Extremespeed
-Dig

Dragonite Lv. 62
-Outrage
-Fly
-Waterfall
-Thunder Wave

What do you think?

Blastoise looks good.
Raichu should have Secret Power or Facade instead of Quick Attack. He should already be fast enough.
Nidoking looks pretty good.
Kadabra should have Thunderbolt instead of shock wave.
Arcanine looks good.
Dragonite should have Surf instead of Waterfall.

Blastoise looks good.
Raichu should have Secret Power or Facade instead of Quick Attack. He should already be fast enough.
Nidoking looks pretty good.
Kadabra should have Thunderbolt instead of shock wave.
Arcanine looks good.
Dragonite should have Surf instead of Waterfall.

Yeah, I thought that about Raichu. I have Quick Attack just in case I attack and the Pokémon barely survives, so I can finish it off quickly in the next turn. Sadly, Kadabra can't learn Thunderbolt :c That's why I have Shock Wave. And you're right about Dragonite, I'll go change it now. Thanks for your help!

You know that training your pokemon for EVs takes only about ten minutes and saves you a lot of time in the long run.

I'm not implying that you don't know about this mechanic (you have allegedly been a fan since you were 7), but I wonder if you're underestimating EVs?

I caught a Tynamo in Chargestone Cave and raising it into an Eelektross was one of the more difficult things I've done.

Ah, so sorry if I came across as rude. I do know about EVs, and after mulling over what you said in your reply/reading the article you supplied, maybe I am underestimating them. I'll EV train the Eelektross tonight and see what happens.

But thank you for the luck!

But to prevent this from becoming off-topic, here's the final Electric type team. Hope to get them up to level 75, at the very least. Suggestions for moves?

1.) Lanturn (Lvl. 70)
- Serious (Good endurance)
- Volt Absorb
- Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Surf, Stockpile

2.) Fan Rotom (Bucky, Lvl. 70)
- Calm (Somewhat vain)
- Levitate
- Air Slash, Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Substitute
- Holding a Leftovers

3.) Eelektross (Lvl. 70)
- Calm (Scatters things often)
- Levitate
- Dragon Claw, Drain Punch, Thunderbolt, Crunch

4.) Magnezone (Lvl. 70)
- Jolly (Somewhat stubborn)
- Sturdy
- Thunderbolt, SonicBoom, Flash Cannon, Magnet Rise
- Any good suggestions to replacing SonicBoom? Maybe Volt Switch, to compliment Jolteon?

5.) Jolteon (Lvl. 70)
- Hasty (Likes to thrash about)
- Volt Absorb
- Signal Beam, Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Volt Switch

6.) Galvantula (Lvl. 70)
- Mild (Alert to sounds)
- Compoundeyes
- Thunder, Energy Ball, Bug Buzz, Gastro Acid
- I mostly have Gastro Acid for Iris's Haxorus, to prevent it from using Earthquake on Eelektross and Rotom. But if anyone has ideas for a better move, let me know.

Last edited:

Ah, so sorry if I came across as rude. I do know about EVs, and after mulling over what you said in your reply/reading the article you supplied, maybe I am underestimating them. I'll EV train the Eelektross tonight and see what happens.

But thank you for the luck!

But to prevent this from becoming off-topic, here's the final Electric type team. Hope to get them up to level 75, at the very least. Suggestions for moves?

1.) Lanturn (Lvl. 70)
- Serious (Good endurance)
- Volt Absorb
- Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Surf, Stockpile

2.) Fan Rotom (Bucky, Lvl. 70)
- Calm (Somewhat vain)
- Levitate
- Air Slash, Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Substitute
- Holding a Leftovers

3.) Eelektross (Lvl. 70)
- Calm (Scatters things often)
- Levitate
- Dragon Claw, Drain Punch, Thunderbolt, Crunch

4.) Magnezone (Lvl. 70)
- Jolly (Somewhat stubborn)
- Sturdy
- Thunderbolt, SonicBoom, Flash Cannon, Magnet Rise
- Any good suggestions to replacing SonicBoom? Maybe Volt Switch, to compliment Jolteon?

5.) Jolteon (Lvl. 70)
- Hasty (Likes to thrash about)
- Volt Absorb
- Signal Beam, Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Volt Switch

6.) Galvantula (Lvl. 70)
- Mild (Alert to sounds)
- Compoundeyes
- Thunder, Energy Ball, Bug Buzz, Gastro Acid
- I mostly have Gastro Acid for Iris's Haxorus, to prevent it from using Earthquake on Eelektross and Rotom. But if anyone has ideas for a better move, let me know.

For Magnezone, I would strongly suggest Signal Beam. That Bug move will help with Dark and Psychic. Or maybe Thunderwave to get a status effect quickly to gain advantage.

Aside from that, good team. Maybe a NeverMeltIce for Lanturn.

I've beat the elite 4 both times, and have competitively battled but, I'm starting a new - easy going kinda team. Just my fave pokemon and no stressing over what's good enough. Still eving etc tho o:
Here goes:
Milotic (f) 37 [Kitai]
-water pulse, surf, recover, dragon breath

Eevee (f) 35 [Aki]
-Quick attack, curse, yawn, bite

Pikachu (f) 19 [Xinshang]
-thundershock, nasty plot, present, volt tackle

Lapras (f) 27 [Shinrai]
-Ice shard, body slam, water pulse, curse

Eevee (f) 23 [Shinko]
-Quick attack, yawn, curse, helping hand

Eevees will become umbreon & leafeon when they learn baton pass. Movesets undecided so messy. Yes I love irrelevant adorable egg moves such as present and yawn.

Originally Posted by Solemn:
I've beat the elite 4 both times, and have competitively battled but, I'm starting a new - easy going kinda team. Just my fave pokemon and no stressing over what's good enough. Still eving etc tho o:
Here goes:
Milotic (f) 37 [Kitai]

Eevee (f) 35 [Aki]

Lapras (f) 27 [Shinrai]

Eevee (f) 23 [Shinko]

Eevees will become umbreon & leafeon when they learn baton pass. Movesets undecided so messy. Yes I love irrelevant adorable egg moves such as present and yawn.

OK, you haven't said if you're playing GenIV or GenV, so if this doesn't Apply tell me.
And please give me the natures, because without them I'm pretty much in the dark.

Milotic (hopefully a +sp.attack nature with 252sp.attack/252hp EVs)
-Scald: very useful because it cuts your opponent's attack stat in half. You can use Surf instead if you want.
-Ice Beam
-Dragon Pulse: for a powerful offense. Use Aqua Ring here if you want defense
-Recover

Leafeon (hopefully a +attack nature with 252attack/252defense EVs)
-Leaf Blade
-X-Scissor: for power or Aerial Ace if you want
-Dig/Iron Tail: Which Weakness do you want to cover?
-Quick Attack/Protect: To cover for that less than good speed or protect it from the many weaknesses Game Freak unfairly gave Grass types.

Raichu(or Pikachu, if you're being an Ash)(with a +attack nature and 252attack/252speed EVs)
-Volt Tackle
-Brick Break
-Return/Iron Tail/Present: Not a great choice(Fly should go here but you didn't get the distribution)
-Grass Knot: Because Ground types are usually heavy(Surf should go here, but you know the drill. Game Freak loves Pikachu distributions)

Lapras (+ attack nature with 252attack/252hp EVs)
-Aqua Tail
-Drill Run(Sorry if you're in GenIV)
-Outrage
-Ice Shard/Horn Drill/Sheer Cold/Fissure/Perish Song/Zen Headbutt/Iron Head/Confuse Ray/Body Slam: Choices, choices. Lapras can learn 3 1-Hit KO moves.

Umbreon(A defensive nature with 252defense/252sp.defense
-Curse
-Payback
-Toxic/Swagger: I'd choose Toxic but Swagger can win a battle with luck.
-Moonlight

My Black 2 team at the moment. Their hold items alternate based on the situation. I'm considering replacing Flygon or Unfezant with an Ambipom and want advice on this. Flygon has been a powerhouse but he seems to go down too easy, and Unfezant's there because I think he looks really cool and I wanted someone to sweep Marshal with.

FlygonNature: Adamant
Ability: Levitate, Item: Dragon Fang / Fire Gem / Electric Gem
Moves: Earthquake, Dragon Claw, Fire Punch, Thunderpunch

UnfezantNature: Adamant
Ability: Super Luck, Item: Scope Lens
Moves: Return, Aerial Ace, Steel Wing, Fly

CrustleNature: Adamant
Ability: Shell Armor, Item: Wide Lens / Quick Claw
Moves: X-Scissor, Stone Edge, Earthquake, Strength

GalvantulaNature: Modest
Ability: Compoundeyes, Item: Brightpowder / Metronome
Moves: Bug Buzz, Thunder, Energy Ball, Thunder Wave

FerrothornNature: Brave
Ability: Iron Barbs, Item: Rocky Helmet / Big Root
Moves: Power Whip, Gyro Ball, Leech Seed, Ingrain

JellicentNature: Modest
Ability: Cursed Body, Item: Quick Claw / Leftovers / Ice Gem
Moves: Surf, Shadow Ball, Ice Beam, Psychic

I really couldn't decide on an ability or a moveset for Ambipom if I were to use one, I was thinking of using...

AmbipomNature: Adamant
Ability: Pick Up, Item: None
Moves: Return, Acrobatics, Ice Punch, Thunderpunch

OR

AmbipomNature: Adamant
Ability: Technician, Item: (No idea)
Moves: Return, Aerial Ace, Low Sweep, Fake Out

Should I just stick with Flygon / Unfezant? Would Ambipom be a better match for my team? What's the best way to go with Ambipom in terms of his ability / moveset? Thanks!

I just beat the Pokemon League in a replay of HeartGold (First half of game). Here's the team I used:

Lv. 39 Typhlosion - Quick Attack, Dig, Lava Plume, Fire Blast

Lv. 40 Dragonair - Waterfall, Thunder, Thunderwave, Dragon Rush

Lv. 39 Pupitar - Payback, Rock Slide, Sandstorm, Earthquake

Lv. 40 Scizor - X-Scissor, Brick Break, Steel Wing, Swords Dance

Lv. 39 Slowking - Surf, Confusion, Shadow Ball, Blizzard

Lv. 40 Vileplume - Mega Drain, Bullet Seed, Stun Spore, Acid

I'm now continuing into Kanto and I plan on replacing Vileplume with Bulbasaur when I get to Pallet Town.

Originally Posted by Solemn:
Here goes:
Milotic (f) 37 [Kitai]

Eevee (f) 35 [Aki]

Lapras (f) 27 [Shinrai]

Eevee (f) 23 [Shinko]

OK, you haven't said if you're playing GenIV or GenV, so if this doesn't Apply tell me.
And please give me the natures, because without them I'm pretty much in the dark.

Milotic (hopefully a +sp.attack nature with 252sp.attack/252hp EVs)
-Scald: very useful because it cuts your opponent's attack stat in half. You can use Surf instead if you want.
-Ice Beam
-Dragon Pulse: for a powerful offense. Use Aqua Ring here if you want defense
-Recover

Leafeon (hopefully a +attack nature with 252attack/252defense EVs)
-Leaf Blade
-X-Scissor: for power or Aerial Ace if you want
-Dig/Iron Tail: Which Weakness do you want to cover?
-Quick Attack/Protect: To cover for that less than good speed or protect it from the many weaknesses Game Freak unfairly gave Grass types.

Raichu(or Pikachu, if you're being an Ash)(with a +attack nature and 252attack/252speed EVs)
-Volt Tackle
-Brick Break
-Return/Iron Tail/Present: Not a great choice(Fly should go here but you didn't get the distribution)
-Grass Knot: Because Ground types are usually heavy(Surf should go here, but you know the drill. Game Freak loves Pikachu distributions)

Lapras (+ attack nature with 252attack/252hp EVs)
-Aqua Tail
-Drill Run(Sorry if you're in GenIV)
-Outrage
-Ice Shard/Horn Drill/Sheer Cold/Fissure/Perish Song/Zen Headbutt/Iron Head/Confuse Ray/Body Slam: Choices, choices. Lapras can learn 3 1-Hit KO moves.

Umbreon(A defensive nature with 252defense/252sp.defense
-Curse
-Payback
-Toxic/Swagger: I'd choose Toxic but Swagger can win a battle with luck.
-Moonlight

Eeek, sorry. Milotic is Quiet with Satk & hp evs
Leafeon is naive with speed and attack evs
Raichu is serious [I know, crap, but she had outstanding IVs so I kept her.] With satk & speed evs
Lapras is relaxed with mixed defence and hp evs
Umbreon is careful with mixed defence and hp evs

I am playing gen 4, platinum to be exact. Thank you for the move suggestions!

I would like some help for my team in Platinum:

Empoleon:
Surf
Earthquake
Drill Peck
Flash Cannon

I'm considering replacing something for Ice Beam, since he's a special attacker, but I don't know what. Also, I have Glaceon for that.

Rapidash:
Flamethrower
Flare Blitz
Megahorn
Strength

Not much to this one. I have two fire moves in case I don't want recoil damage.

Roserade:
Petal Dance
Giga Drain
Sludge Bomb
Return

Again, not much to this one. I have Petal Dance to hit hard, and Giga Drain to heal.

Togekiss:
Air Slash
Aura Sphere
Psychic
Fly

Serene Grace Togekiss. I was also considering Gallade, because both can have psychic and fighting moves. But I have a hard time deciding between the two. If I used Gallade, he would have Psycho Cut, Close Combat, Leaf Blade, and Night Slash.

Porygon-Z:
Tri Attack
Thunderbolt
Psychic
Dark Pulse

He's here to pack a hard hit on any Pokemon.

Glaceon:
Ice Beam
Shadow Ball
Signal Beam
?

Another strong special attacker. I have absolutely no idea what to do for the last move. I don't want to do Hail, because I don't like damaging weather.

Originally Posted by Keasbey
My Black 2 team at the moment. Their hold items alternate based on the situation. I'm considering replacing Flygon or Unfezant with an Ambipom and want advice on this. Flygon has been a powerhouse but he seems to go down too easy, and Unfezant's there because I think he looks really cool and I wanted someone to sweep Marshal with.

Flygon ♂ Nature: Adamant
Ability: Levitate, Item: Dragon Fang / Fire Gem / Electric Gem
Moves: Earthquake, Dragon Claw, Fire Punch, Thunderpunch

Unfezant ♂ Nature: Adamant
Ability: Super Luck, Item: Scope Lens
Moves: Return, Aerial Ace, Steel Wing, Fly

Crustle ♂ Nature: Adamant
Ability: Shell Armor, Item: Wide Lens / Quick Claw
Moves: X-Scissor, Stone Edge, Earthquake, Strength

Galvantula ♂ Nature: Modest
Ability: Compoundeyes, Item: Brightpowder / Metronome
Moves: Bug Buzz, Thunder, Energy Ball, Thunder Wave

Ferrothorn ♂ Nature: Brave
Ability: Iron Barbs, Item: Rocky Helmet / Big Root
Moves: Power Whip, Gyro Ball, Leech Seed, Ingrain

Jellicent ♂ Nature: Modest
Ability: Cursed Body, Item: Quick Claw / Leftovers / Ice Gem
Moves: Surf, Shadow Ball, Ice Beam, Psychic

I really couldn't decide on an ability or a moveset for Ambipom if I were to use one, I was thinking of using...

Ambipom ♂ Nature: Adamant
Ability: Pick Up, Item: None
Moves: Return, Acrobatics, Ice Punch, Thunderpunch

OR

Ambipom ♂ Nature: Adamant
Ability: Technician, Item: (No idea)
Moves: Return, Aerial Ace, Low Sweep, Fake Out

Should I just stick with Flygon / Unfezant? Would Ambipom be a better match for my team? What's the best way to go with Ambipom in terms of his ability / moveset? Thanks!

First for Ambipom:
If you want to go with Adamant use 252attack/252speed
Technician with Life Orb/Silk Scarf
-Covet/Double Hit
-Fake Out
-Aerial Ace/Thunder Wave
-U-turn
A very cruel moveset that lets you get lots of cheap shots from Fake Out and then switch with U-turn.

Crustle's Strength should probably be replaced with Shell Smash. Also, consider teaching Recover to your Jellicent. If you want more durability, maybe you should give your Flygon a Yache Berry(reduces Icy damage). Other than that, your team is very good

First for Ambipom:
-Covet/Double Hit
-Fake Out
-Aerial Ace/Thunder Wave
-U-turn
A very cruel moveset that lets you get lots of cheap shots from Fake Out and then switch with U-turn.

Crustle's Strength should probably be replaced with Shell Smash. Also, consider teaching Recover to your Jellicent. If you want more durability, maybe you should give your Flygon a Yache Berry(reduces Icy damage). Other than that, your team is very good

Crustle normally has Stealth Rock; I'll give Shell Smash a shot though. I've decided to stick with Flygon, thanks for the advice with the Yache Berry, great idea. Teaching Recover to Jellicent is another fantastic idea. Thanks again, mate.

I'm more or less amazed a how awesome the natures on keasbey's team are

I bred for them specifically. :)

First for Ambipom:
-Covet/Double Hit
-Fake Out
-Aerial Ace/Thunder Wave
-U-turn

Crustle normally has Stealth Rock; I'll give Shell Smash a shot though. I've decided to stick with Flygon, thanks for the advice with the Yache Berry, great idea. Teaching Recover to Jellicent is another fantastic idea. Thanks again, mate.

I'm more or less amazed a how awesome the natures on keasbey's team are

I bred for them specifically. :)
ahh okay, no wonder. I was thinking you caught most of your team like that and I felt mad jealous, but not really. Still awesomenatures

Beat the E4 this morning with Electric types, and now I'm moving onto Ghost types. All of the choices below are subject to modification, and I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions!

Golurk
- Iron Fist
- Shadow Punch, Earthquake, Ice Punch, ?

Drifblim
- Aftermath/Unburden
- Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt, Acrobatics, ?

Chandelure
- Flame Body
- Shadow Ball, Fire Blast, Psychic, Energy Ball/Will-o-Wisp/Calm Mind

Jellicent
- Cursed Body
- Surf/Scald, Ice Beam, Shadow Ball, Recover/Psychic

Gengar
- Levitate
- Shadow Ball, Focus Blast, Sludge Bomb, Psychic/Dark Pulse

I can't decide between Cofagrigus, Dusknoir, or Froslass for the final slot...

Last edited:

Originally Posted by FallenIdol_453
Golurk
- Iron Fist
- Shadow Punch, Earthquake, Ice Punch, ?

Drifblim
- Aftermath/Unburden
- Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt, Acrobatics, ?

Chandelure
- Flame Body
- Shadow Ball, Fire Blast, Psychic, Energy Ball/Will-o-Wisp/Calm Mind

Jellicent
- Cursed Body
- Surf/Scald, Ice Beam, Shadow Ball, Recover/Psychic

Gengar
- Levitate
- Shadow Ball, Focus Blast, Sludge Bomb, Psychic/Dark Pulse

I can't decide between Cofagrigus, Dusknoir, or Froslass for the final slot...

You know if you beat the champion with only Gengar you would get both the ghost and poison medals, right?
And you know that getting medals doesn't rank up your trainer card?

That aside. It's Evaluation Time!

This is what I recommend, but with pokemon the possibilities are endless...
Golurk (Adamant 252attack/252hp) with Iron Fist and the Muscle Band
-Shadow Punch
-Earthquake
-Drain Punch/Hammer Arm(both get an Iron Fist boost)
-Ice Punch/Fire Punch/Fly(Fly is for Marshall and convenience)

Drifblim (Impish or Careful with 252hp/126def/126sp.def) with Unburden and the Lum Berry
-Rest
-Acrobatics
-Toxic
-Protect/Substitute
Is this too defensive? Maybe for an in-game team it has a little too much strategy.How about a support set?
Drifblim(Calm or Rash with 252hp/252sp.def) with Aftermath and the Leftovers
-Baton Pass
-Substitute
-Calm Mind
-Shadow Ball
You are passing Calm boosts and Substitutes to weaker teammates(like Frosslass if you want it). Maybe next an offensive set?
Driflbim (Modest with 252hp/252sp.attack) with Aftermath and the Leftovers
-Shadow Ball
-Psychic
-Hidden Power Bug or Fighting
-Calm Mind
Shadow Ball>Caitlin and Shauntal. Psychic>Marshall. Hidden Power>Grimsley. Hidden Power will take work to get right, but is worth it.

Chandelure (Modest with 252sp.attack/100def/100sp.def/56speed) with Flame Body and Leftovers/Sitrus Berry/ DeepSea Tooth
-Flame Charge
-Flamethrower/Fire Blast
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball
Okay, a weird EV spread. But it works! Use Flame Charge to boost the Luring Pokemon's Speed and sweep your foe. The HP restoring items are to heal from the damage your fire-type friend took charging its speed and the DeepSea Tooth boosts its massive Sp.Attack(Highest of all non-legendaries, 11th highest with legendaries).

Jellicent (Calm with 252 Sp.Attack/252 Sp.def) with Cursed Body and the Sitrus Berry
-Shadow Ball
-Scald/Ice Beam
-Psychic
-Recover

Gengar (Modest or Timid with 252sp.atk/252speed) with the ______(insert item of your choice. Many items help Gengar)
Moves Look Great!!

Froslass has a Shallow moveset and is fragile, so I don't reccommend it. Maybe if you pass it a substitute?
(Timid or Modest 252sp.attack/252speed) with choice scarf(Maybe)
-Ice Beam
-Shadow ball
-Psychic
-Signal Beam
Clear Elite four and Champion advantage, so maybe I was wrong. Froslass can also use Thunderbolt and (bizarrely)Spikes.

Cofagrigus. A bulky, defensive favorite of mine.
(Relaxed with 252sp.attack/252defense) with Mummy and Leftovers
-Shadow Ball
-Calm Mind/Nasty Plot
-Hidden Power Bug or Fighting
-Trick Room
I like this set and Trick Room can help the other Slow ghosts. You could skip the Chandelure Flame Charges.

Dusknoir. It's a hard life to be a physical ghost unless you're Golurk. However, the Gripper Pokemon is great at defense.
(Impish or Rash with 252defense/252sp.def or 252attack/126def/126sp.def)
-Shadow Sneak
-Shadow Punch
-Ice Punch
-Pain Split
Most people don't wall the Elite Four and Champion, so this is a modified typical Dusknoir set. If you want to wall them, do ResTalk.

And that's it. I hope it helps and good luck getting all 250 medals!

Back
Top Bottom