• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What pokémon...

Solemn

Reaction score
Do you really hate? I know some people will say they're all cute, all useful in their own ways - blah blah... But I think everyone has atleast one pokemon they look at and think "Why does that exist?"

For me, it has to be Ledian.
I love ladybirds, they're precious. I even love ledyba! But ledian...... it's like a nasty, overly cartoony, evil little mickmouse hybrid. That's before I even looked at it's stats and move pool (Both terrible)...
Okay rant over. Share your hated pokémon, go go~

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs51/f/2009/297/6/2/Ledian_by_Umbreon06.jpg Yaaaaack. x_x

Am I really only allowed to pick one? XD
It's not a complete hatred for them; I love the Pokemon Heroes movie, but Lati@s and Latios are so overused and overpowered (especially with that damned Soul Dew), that I really despise them in the games.

And then there's Milotic that I don't like because it's overrated. Honestly, I've always been neutral to it's artwork, but so many other people I know fawn over Milotic because it's "so beautiful." But I still love Mimi. :3

i adore ledian its super cute and its stats are not terrible its speed and sp.defence are good it can learn swords dance agillty and baton pass all good moves... it can also learn light screen and reflect it also learns the mot powerfull special bug type move bug buzz, its abilty helps it wake up quickly, finally it has one of the coolest back spirties in the game (the gen 4 one)
if you use reflect and light screen or jut reflect cause the special defence is already good, proceed to use roost to heal then ledian actully has good defences and near full helth and can actually win battles or just help the team.

i hate tentacool : pointless too many of them, cannot escape easily, togekisss : pointless evolution added on to the already good looking togetic, it looks ridiculous like some sort of flying egg

I'm sorry, but the regis. I even thought they weren't gonna make pokemon after gen 3 because they ran out of ideas for the 3 legendarys :p
gawd why do they exist?

Cryogonal and the vanilice line. First time i encountered a cryoganal was at midnight with my volume way up. first time I seriously feared a pokemon. An vanilice....just...WAT

Trubbish and Garbodor. They're really crappy and the only ones bad enough for me to say that I genuinely hate a Pokemon, the only two that I would actually want to remove from the Pokedex. Even with how annoyed I am with how super-super common the Tentacool and Geodude lines are, the pointlessness/ugliness of Nosepass line and Lickilicky, Zubat until it becomes a Crobat, Stunfisk looking like it got run over by a truck, and others, I can deal with them. Not these two, these are garbage.

However, while most people hate Vanillite, I think it's adorable ^.^ I don't care that it's food, it's cute and ice-type. And while nearly everyone hates Unown, I like them. I want to know where they came from. I also saw Wobbufett mentioned, but I love Jessie & James's Wobbufett in the anime. :D

Every single humanoid Pokemon in existence.

If I had to choose a single one, though - Sawk.

Infernape. I've complained about it plenty of times, so we'll just leave it at that.

I'm sorry, but the regis. I even thought they weren't gonna make pokemon after gen 3 because they ran out of ideas for the 3 legendarys :p
gawd why do they exist?

Cryogonal and the vanilice line. First time i encountered a cryoganal was at midnight with my volume way up. first time I seriously feared a pokemon. An vanilice....just...WAT

Lol'd :'D
I think cryogonal is cute :3333

The two Nidorans. I hate how both genders have separate Pokédex entries...

Garbodor, definitely. It's so... ew. Gross. Get rid of it.

Also, Luvdisc and Alomomola. Not only cuz they shoulda been related, but in Colosseum I always felt so worthless getting beat up by that Mt. Battle trainer with like 4 Luvdisc an 2 Goldeen. Blech. And Alomomomomola's in-game cry just disturbs me.

gawd why do they exist?

How do you hate Vanillite? :O It's a freaking ice cream cone. What do you have against desert? :/
Though I'll admit Vanillish and Vanilluxe look quite derpy. Vanillite is perfection though.

Just about anything with sturdy, especially ones owned by gym leaders/elite four because the following will happen:
Its super-effective!
It endured the hit!
Full restore!
Repeat!

Last edited:
The Pokemons that I really hate are Probopass, Tangrowth, Rhyperior and Lickilicky. Why Gamefreak? Give us mature explanations why those designs. WHY?

Tentacool/Tentacruel and Zubat/Golbat. They annoy me so much cause of how often they appear in caves and the water.

I really, REALLY hate skuntank, all because of the incident with a shiney one and the move memento.

Every single humanoid Pokemon in existence.

If I had to choose a single one, though - Sawk.
D'aw. But I love my Sawk. He's a cutie pie! (Seriously. I find Sawk adorable. Deal with it.)

For me it's a tie between Patrat and Bidoof. Bidoof because of all the Poke Radar chains it broke. Patrat because it kept showing up every time I tried to find a Brave Natured Munna with Synchronize. If I hear that cry one more time...!

Unown. My damn OCD makes me try to catch all of them, then I get stuck with a box full of useless letters. Thanks Game Freak thanks.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom