• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW116 "Burn up, Lizardon! VS Kairyu!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
That looks more like wing attack to me. wouldnt steel wing look a little like iron tail and be all metal like?

Yea id say so, though we haven't seen steel wing in best wishes yet so it could be. I don't know if id rather he had Steel wing or Wing Attack lol.

I would rather it be Wing Attack so that he can have a flying move finally lol.

The flashback in which Ash caught Charmander is inaccurate. Charmander didn't slap the Poke Ball before going into it in the original episode. In EP011, Ash threw the Poke Ball and Charmander rushed towards the ball before it was sucked in.

Yeah I'm kinda mad about that slight inconsistency, and I know there are bound to be more to come. Still, the flashback scenes are what I'm looking forward to the most for a variety of reasons. So I'm willing to overlook the inconsistencies if it means that I can enjoy seeing some old characters again even if only for a few seconds.

So it looks like some of those flashbacks could have actual speaking roles in them.....

....oh man......getting kinda scared here....

You know, it's funny. This episode will be dubbed, which means all these speaking scenes will be dubbed by TPCi, and that's just gonna be weird.

tumblr_mj28mmiA6j1rwx9ubo1_r1_400.gif

For whatever reason, Charmander moved its tail from under the blanket to outside the blanket, almost like it wanted the rain to put out its tail.

The good news is, now we don't have to say Misty was last seen in any shape or form during MoMP, which will go down as one of the worst Pokemon episodes ever, dubbed or subbed. ;D

I may be in minority, but aside from dreadful voices i actually liked that special. Plot was something new and interesting and i enjoyed in interactions between characters with Misty playing of well with others.

As far as Charizard goes after seeing preview im more excited over his comeback than ever. It will be great to see good old fire breathing lizard again liking his hotheaded attitude and im looking forward to his clash with Iris Dragonite. There will be some fierce battling going on that's for sure, and since im abit biased preferring Charizard ill probably root for him.

Flashback showing Ash and Brock covering Charmander with blanket only added more emotion to whole upcoming episode reminding me pf days when pokemon was simpler, more adventurous.
This brings back memories of poor guy patiently waiting for trainer which abandoned him living under delusion how there exists "good"relationship between him and trainer. Ah good days.

Now we only need to see in what flashback and from what episode Misty will be showed making things complete.
I have a strong feeling this is gonna be one of best episodes in Best Wishes.

Michele Knotz and Bill Rogers have Flashback Voice Cameos which Going to be so good. And this is going to be such a good episode on my birthday and I can already tell even if the episode somehow completely sucks and it is not good I will still think it was really good and it is a Great Birthday Present.

Since they're the same lines from the original they could pretty much just pull out the recordings of the old 4kids lines and re-use them here. I'm pretty sure Bill Rogers hasn't been doing much for PUSA since Brock left anyway.

You know, it's funny. This episode will be dubbed, which means all these speaking scenes will be dubbed by TPCi, and that's just gonna be weird.

For whatever reason, Charmander moved its tail from under the blanket to outside the blanket, almost like it wanted the rain to put out its tail.

I think TPCi will dub over those scenes with the current voice actors for said characters. It'll feel really awkward to see that (and tbh, I'm NOT looking forward to this episode in the dub...I don't think it'll turn out too well). *sighs*

Also, wow, the Sugimori eye-style from BW is being kept for Ash in the flashbacks to OS. XD.

Wow, it looks really different in the flashback!

Since they're the same lines from the original they could pretty much just pull out the recordings of the old 4kids lines and re-use them here. I'm pretty sure Bill Rogers hasn't been doing much for PUSA since Brock left anyway.

Here's hoping that's what happens.

Last edited:
I only say that because it seems like Bill Rogers was let go by PUSA after DP ended. Has he voiced any character in BW at all?

I only say that because it seems like Bill Rogers was let go by PUSA after DP ended. Has he voiced any character in BW at all?

Bill still voices a huge assortment of Pokemon like Hydreigon, Bouffalant, and several others. He still does script timing as well. I think he'll be used for this scene as Brock (much as I wish Eric Stuart was still around myself).

If they're using the current voice cast to re-dub scenes that the original voice cast did, that's a shame to me. I mean, sure, for "consistency" with the TAJ/DuArt dubbed eps, TPCi will probably use the current voice actors for those scenes, and I can understand that.

However, I don't think it's fair for them to dub a scene they never originally dubbed in the first place (and never ended up re-dubbing, either, from S1). To me, that would just be a slap in the face and refusing to acknowledge someone else used to voice those characters.

Hopefully, they'll surprise me and do justice to their predecessors. I hope they do, and if so I'll look forward to it: again, I have nothing against them, but it just feels plain wrong to me for some reason. :sweatlol:

Michele Knotz and Bill Rogers have Flashback Voice Cameos which Going to be so good.

You think so? Well, to each their own. I disagree wholeheartedly on this one, but I respect your opinion. I honestly think it'll just remind me why I prefer the original dub voices so much, and why I really think they were so great.

Then again, we're not the target audience of children anymore, so I guess to the dubbers it doesn't really matter. I guess I'll try and live with it the best I can. Just disappointing to me.

Last edited:
I just hope Charizard isn't depowered in BW like Ash is. They even more or less made Dawn weaker than she was in DP to be honest.

I can imagine the outrage if Charizard loses to average pokemon again. :p

Since this is a Kanto fair ep I would have liked Bulbasaur and Squirtle to be present too even if they only stayed for a single episode. Seems unfair that those two probably won't be seen.

If he left his tail under the blanket the blanket would burn.

As mentioned above, he voices several Pokémon however what isn't mentioned is that his most prolific role at the moment is Cilan's Stunfisk.

The thing is, in Japan when a character leaves the actor is usually let go while PUSA keeps them on and assigns them different roles (Emily Jenness went straight from Dawn and began voicing the Unova Jenny).

What people seem to be forgetting is Ash will need to be redoubled too. I'm looking forward to hearing Sarah Natochenny voice Ash's speech where he orders Charizard to stay at the valley.

I am really surprised that Satoshi is keeping the new-Sugimori eyes, and it's just occurred how much they've grown on me (see BW, this is a change I've come to like).

Last edited:
Wait, I heard that this particular episode was going to air today... or was that just the smash preview?

As mentioned above, he voices several Pokémon however what isn't mentioned is that his most prolific role at the moment is Cilan's Stunfisk.

The thing is, in Japan when a character leaves the actor is usually let go while PUSA keeps them on and assigns them different roles (Emily Jenness went straight from Dawn and began voicing the Unova Jenny).

What people seem to be forgetting is Ash will need to be redoubled too. I'm looking forward to hearing Sarah Natochenny voice Ash's speech where he orders Charizard to stay at the valley.

I am really surprised that Satoshi is keeping the new-Sugimori eyes, and it's just occurred how much they've grown on me (see BW, this is a change I've come to like).

True, I forgot to mention Cilan's Stunfisk. I didn't think it was too major for Bill, but of his current roles, that's his most prominent one.

Hearing S. Natochenny do that scene is either going to make me cringe or laugh too hard watching it. I'm way too used to the V. Taylor performance in Johto at this point for that scene. Kind of like Stuart and Lillis in the Kanto Saga: it'll just feel so awkward to me hearing Rogers and Knotz there...XD.

Oh well, it'll be a different take on those scenes, if nothing else. I might end up putting the 4Kids dub audio over the scenes if I don't like what I see after TPCi dubs the scenes, just for the heck of it.

I like Ash's black eyes better in all things prior to BW, but his new-Sugimori eyes in BW more than if he still had his black eyes myself. XD.

Last edited:
The Pokémon writers sure know how to get me excited about blatant fanservice :p Can't wait.

Why is everyone under the impression that Michele Knotz is guaranteed to voice Misty? Knotz only voiced her once, and that was in The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon. It was such a one-off thing, so I have no idea why The Pokémon Company would rather let someone who voiced her only once over six years ago do the dubbing instead of letting Rachael Lillis, someone who is a lot more attatched to the character, reprise her role as Misty. If Giovanni and Gary can keep their 4Kids actors, then I don't see why Misty can't keep her actor, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom