• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you want in Gen 6?

GTS limitations. What I mean by that is for GTS to keep impossible requests off the trade list. Too many trolls take up space by showing off their Pokémon and not allowing people to trade for them by asking for Pokémon available only by hacking. This is exactly what needs to stop.

I know right. I'm currently trying to fill up my national dex to get the shiny charm, and have taken to using the GTS more frequently than ever before. I've had quite a lot of luck on there and come away with lots of Japanese Pokemon.

But on the other hand, if I see one more person asking for a Level 9 and under Reshiram for their Slugma, I'mma punch a puppy. Like, why would you even DO that? You're wasting your own time as well as everyone's else's!! Gah.

Also, yeah, your more mature rival idea was neat, although I kind of like a little arrogance in a rival. I want someone strong to test me, not some weak, tentative ninny who tails me around and I'm forced to babysit - lookin at you, Wally and Bianca! I really miss Blue. I still say he was the ultimate, best rival of all time. Perfect mix of jerkass-ness and strength.

I hope XY brings us another DPPT thing of 1 occasional partner, and 1 rival, so all 3 starters are registered in our dex!

For someone to challenge me when I become Champion, even if it's just a scripted storyline battle and I'm destined to win from the get-go. I want to crush some challengers and actually feel like a Champion.

Fixing all the egg group systems, and... Introduce Fusion Evolutions for two related Pokémon.
Fusions. Massive, MASSIVE no. That would be too painstaking. That'd mean at least 274760478976 models of Gen 1 - 5 Pokemon alone. Add to that all the forms and gender differences are in X and Y. That alone would take years to do. It's practically impossible to fit that many models into one game, then adding more and more each Gen? It would become too much to handle, and everything would crash. If the game had a built in system that generates a fused sprite, however, than it might work.

Meanwhile, I think when you put a Pokemon up onto the GTS, you should ONLY have the option to ask for a Pokemon of equal value, and there should be a system where you can't ask for a Pokemon below its legal level. In the case of event Pokemon like lv50 Dragonite or Hydreigon etc, they should have a system where you can trade event Pokemon specifically.

Fusions. Massive, MASSIVE no. That would be too painstaking. That'd mean at least 274760478976 models of Gen 1 - 5 Pokemon alone. Add to that all the forms and gender differences are in X and Y. That alone would take years to do. It's practically impossible to fit that many models into one game, then adding more and more each Gen? It would become too much to handle, and everything would crash. If the game had a built in system that generates a fused sprite, however, than it might work.

Meanwhile, I think when you put a Pokemon up onto the GTS, you should ONLY have the option to ask for a Pokemon of equal value, and there should be a system where you can't ask for a Pokemon below its legal level. In the case of event Pokemon like lv50 Dragonite or Hydreigon etc, they should have a system where you can trade event Pokemon specifically.

He said for RELATED species. By this, he likely meant only certain pairs will have fusion evolutions, not all 700+ of them. You know, like the existing pseudo-fusion evolutions- Slowpoke and Shellder, Mantyke and Remoraid, Karrablast and Shelmet.

Second... please, no. We don't need Gamefreak defining for us which Pokemon are equal in worth to which. Just ban the illegal level-9-and-unders.

Second... please, no. We don't need Gamefreak defining for us which Pokemon are equal in worth to which. Just ban the illegal level-9-and-unders.
All I mean by that is like, when you put up a basic un-evolved Pokemon, you can only ask for Pokemon that are also basic un-evolved. Same with stage 1, or stage 2 or whatever. If that won't work, legendaries for legendaries and shiny for shiny would be a fine restriction.

All I mean by that is like, when you put up a basic un-evolved Pokemon, you can only ask for Pokemon that are also basic un-evolved. Same with stage 1, or stage 2 or whatever. If that won't work, legendaries for legendaries and shiny for shiny would be a fine restriction.

That's still an unnecessary limitation. And it's perfectly possible that a player might think a given evolved Pokemon has the same worth as a given unevolved one, and a legendary the same worth as a non-legendary, especially if all they're trying to do is complete their Pokedex. There's absolutely no reason to limit GTS requests like that.

That's still an unnecessary limitation. And it's perfectly possible that a player might think a given evolved Pokemon has the same worth as a given unevolved one, and a legendary the same worth as a non-legendary, especially if all they're trying to do is complete their Pokedex. There's absolutely no reason to limit GTS requests like that.
It'd just make unfair trades impossible. You'd think Game Freak could trust the players... But there should be some restriction, as in to prevent people asking for a Darkrai or Dragonite for their Magikarp.

It'd just make unfair trades impossible. You'd think Game Freak could trust the players... But there should be some restriction, as in to prevent people asking for a Darkrai or Dragonite for their Magikarp.
Maybe they really need a magikarp for their pokedex, or really like it, and don't need or don't want darkrai or dragonite and are willing to trade, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Kingdragon's got it. Players will all place their own value on the Pokemon they trade. Gamefreak telling everyone what they should what in exchange for a given Pokemon will cut down on GTS trolling (though the main problem still lies with outright impossible offers rather than simply unreasonable ones), but it'll also cut out a lot of legitimate trade.

I want to see the poison status reduce either defense or special defense like how burn lowers attack or paralysis lowers speed. Frozen can lower the other defense, while sleep lowers special attack.

Best way to filter GTS? If the person hasn't come to check if the trade has happened for X amount of days, then the trade offer no longer appears in the trade offer until they log into the GTS again.

What's the advantage to this?
1. Legitimate traders will check to see if their Pokemon are being traded on a regular basis.
2. If a Pokemon has been traded, but the person forgets to check, the offer won't appear online anymore since its already been accepted.
3. It forces trolls to be really effortful in order to keep trolling. Eventually, it won't be worth the effort to keep your trade on the front page.

I want to see the poison status reduce either defense or special defense like how burn lowers attack or paralysis lowers speed. Frozen can lower the other defense, while sleep lowers special attack.

I'd think it would make sense for poison to lower special attack, ice to lower defense and sleep to lower special defense. Or possible switch ice and sleep. Cuz what would be the point of sleep lowering special attack? Very few pokemon attack whilst asleep.

I'd think it would make sense for poison to lower special attack, ice to lower defense and sleep to lower special defense. Or possible switch ice and sleep. Cuz what would be the point of sleep lowering special attack? Very few pokemon attack whilst asleep.
I was thinking in terms of what the statuses are generally best at. Burn and Paralysis is effective against attackers, so they harm stats that attackers are good against(or in Burn's case, that's why it's good against attackers). Toxic is good at wearing down defensive Pokémon, so lowering their defense would be more synergenic.

I suppose lowering Special Attack would be good for making Poison-types better defensive Pokémon, but at the same time... Fire-types have an advantage on the offense due to having immunity to Burn; but since Poison-types are rarely a special attacker type of Pokémon, having immunity to Poison doesn't help them as much. They are often defensive Pokémon, so if Poison reduces a defense, then Poison-types become better at that due to being immune to it.

Special Attack drop for Sleep generally isn't needed; that was mostly to round out the stat lowering. I suppose that's not quite a good enough reason; it'll unnecessarily hurt Sleep Talk Milotic, for example.

Gengar's Pokédex entry says the following:

-A Gengar is close by if you feel a sudden chill. It may be trying to lay a curse on you.

-It steals heat from its surroundings. If you feel a sudden chill, it is certain that a Gengar appeared.

-Hiding in people's shadows at night, it absorbs their heat. The chill it causes makes the victims shake.

-It hides in shadows. It is said that if Gengar is hiding, it cools the area by nearly 10 degrees F.

Therefore, I think Gengar should be able to learn Ice Beam and Blizzard.

Maybe we could have Cold Wave, an Ice version of Heat Wave. 10% Freeze? Hits all adjacent targets? 100 power? I like.

A move like this with different distribution to Ice Beam/Blizzard would be great, but I think they should call it Cold Snap, which is the general term used for the opposite of a heat wave.

Gengar's Pokédex entry says the following:

-A Gengar is close by if you feel a sudden chill. It may be trying to lay a curse on you.

-It steals heat from its surroundings. If you feel a sudden chill, it is certain that a Gengar appeared.

-Hiding in people's shadows at night, it absorbs their heat. The chill it causes makes the victims shake.

-It hides in shadows. It is said that if Gengar is hiding, it cools the area by nearly 10 degrees F.

Therefore, I think Gengar should be able to learn Ice Beam and Blizzard.

Maybe we could have Cold Wave, an Ice version of Heat Wave. 10% Freeze? Hits all adjacent targets? 100 power? I like.

A move like this with different distribution to Ice Beam/Blizzard would be great, but I think they should call it Cold Snap, which is the general term used for the opposite of a heat wave.
Makes sense to me. I just want to see more decent Ice-type moves.

Interesting ideas but I think that sleep lowering Special Attack would be kinda pointless since you can't attack while you're asleep, unless you use Snore and Sleep Talk, and this change would handicap those two moves quite a bit. Unless you mean that the stat drop stayed even after waking up.

Back
Top Bottom