• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon you keep forgetting exist

voidcritter

Sad Grass-Type
Reaction score
Title says it all! Are there any Pokemon you find particularly obscure, or forget are even Pokemon most of the time until you see them again?

For me it's always Snubbull/Granbull. Every time I start a new game it never even crosses my mind, and I have a minor freakout when I finally do run into one.

Spoink back in RSE. But it was more that I didn't know they even existed, because they can only be found in the Jagged Path grass patches, and I never met one in the wild because I usually avoided the Jagged Path (except for Emerald). So imagine my surprise when I eventually run into one....

If you gave me a pen and paper, then asked me to write down the names all the Pokemon, I could probably do it. It'd take me a while, but I'd eventually get it done.

You can also bet your ass that Manaphy and Phione wouldn't be on that list.

I don't know, I forgot. :p

Seriously though, the Pokemon I forget exist (and I'm writing this with a tab open showing me the National Dex) are:

-Volbeat
-Illumise
-Mothim
-Mankey/Primeape
-Ponyta/Rapidash
-Farfetch'd
-Delibird
-Chatot
-Cherubi/Cherrim
-Carnivine
-Barboach/Whiscash
-Girafarig
-Dunsparce
-Spinda
-Mawile
-Krabby/Kingler
-Clamperl/Huntail/Gorebyss
-Finneon/Lumineon

A lot. But the most significant would be Uxie, Mesprit & Azelf.
I've only played Gen IV for a short time, this trio doesn't really stand out very well much compare to other legend trios.

I know I'm the one who made this thread, but I think we all need a round of applause for Shuckle and Corsola.

I always forget about Froslass. Which is a shame because it looks really cool.

Munchlax. When I first saw it back in the Gen III days, I didn't think it was an actual Pokemon, and that thought has pretty much survived to the present day.

I also occassionally forget what Lileep and Cradily are, until I actually look them up. I always go "oh yeah, it's those guys" whenever that happens.

Igglybuff (I don't know it just didn't make sense to me to give Jigglypuff a pre-evo imo), and, strangely enough, Keldeo and Meloetta (I'm just like "oh yeah they exist they're legendaries.")

There's probably more but I forgot lol

I forget a lot of Johto Pokemon exist, even though Gen II was my favorite. Honorable mentions go to Stantler and Qwilfish.

A lot of Gen 3 pokémon (I can't even list them down right now, they are still in the "forgotten" state), and Burmy/Wormadam. Which is strange, because as a pokémon with a multiple Forme gimmick, it should be memorable. But for some reason I keep having to look it up after running into its name somewhere because the name "sounded new" to me...again.

Spoink back in RSE. But it was more that I didn't know they even existed
Did you know Spoink has an evolution?
Because not only didn't I know of the existence of Spoink, it took me just as long to learn it evolves.

I probably keep forgetting some Johto pokémon and plenty of Sinnoh ones. I saw Hippowdon once and only even remember its name half the time and nothing of what it evolves from.
I don't even know where Cherubi and whatever it evolves to are from.

I have the same problem as the first poster with Snubbull. They had that one Snubbull in the anime who followed around Meowth, but otherwise it has basically no significance to the franchise and is very easily forgotten. I do like it, however. It has a very unique little design.

Spoink back in RSE. But it was more that I didn't know they even existed
Did you know Spoink has an evolution?

I certainly did not know that. I thought Spoink was a pokemon on its own - something like Spinda. Believe it or not, I was near bewildered when I first met Grumpig - at a Generation 4 Battle Frontier match. Not even Gen 3. It took me a long time to realize that Spoint evolved into Grumpig, and that they were both from Gen 3... I still forget them as well.

I also forget about Remoraid. And Corsola. They're really hard to meet in the first place, anyways... (unless you get them by trade?)

I actually have a pretty good memory of all the pokemanz, but some that I really have to say the name over and over are probably some of the gen V. Odd thing is now I keep forgetting Mawile exists. It used to be one of my favorite pokemons, but somehow that got lost in time...

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom