• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you want in Gen 6?

Freeze lowering a defense stat wouldn't make much sense, honestly. I mean, the Pokemon is encased in a block of ice that's solid enough to keep it immobile for an extended period of time. If anything you'd think that'd reduce the damage done to it. Given that it's generally considered the most crippling status condition as is, I don't think an additional stat drop is really necessary, either. ... Unless you make it lower special attack so that any special fire-type moves used to break out will do less damage to the target, but that seems kinda silly.

Poison and sleep lowering a defense stat each could work, though.

I was thinking of having everything drop a stat due to symmetry, but I suppose that's not really needed. Primarily, I think Poison lowering a stat would be a good idea; would make Poison and Steel-types better at defense due to being immune to the status, which is their specialty anyways.

Since Paralysis lowers a stat by an effective 4 stages, and Burn does so by an effective 2 stages, I think Poison can do so by an effective 1 stage to keep the pattern.

Best way to filter GTS? If the person hasn't come to check if the trade has happened for X amount of days, then the trade offer no longer appears in the trade offer until they log into the GTS again.

What's the advantage to this?
1. Legitimate traders will check to see if their Pokemon are being traded on a regular basis.

Uh, no. What about traders with work/school/social life commitments? Or traders who don't have reliable internet access 24/7? Are we illegitimate just because we can't get to the GTS as often as we'd like? Do we deserve to miss out just because we might be unable to meet the 'deadline' and check in every so often?

There's a reason why the strict gym leader calling schedule in HGSS and the shrinking of Black City/White Forest in BW if you didn't complete the game in time was so unpopular - it effectively punishes players for having a life. I don't want to see the GTS go the same way.

Best way to filter GTS? If the person hasn't come to check if the trade has happened for X amount of days, then the trade offer no longer appears in the trade offer until they log into the GTS again.

1. Legitimate traders will check to see if their Pokemon are being traded on a regular basis.

Uh, no. What about traders with work/school/social life commitments? Or traders who don't have reliable internet access 24/7? Are we illegitimate just because we can't get to the GTS as often as we'd like? Do we deserve to miss out just because we might be unable to meet the 'deadline' and check in every so often?

There's a reason why the strict gym leader calling schedule in HGSS and the shrinking of Black City/White Forest in BW if you didn't complete the game in time was so unpopular - it effectively punishes players for having a life. I don't want to see the GTS go the same way.

No one ever said you'd have to check hourly or anything. Once every 3-4 weeks should be fine

No one ever said you'd have to check hourly or anything. Once every 3-4 weeks should be fine

My point was, why am I a less 'legitimate' trader if I don't check back every 3-4 weeks? That's bull. When you check is utterly arbitrary; legitimacy is entirely down to what you're asking for and what you're offering.

That would be awesome if they sold a huge game with all the areas in one. Even if they sold it for more. Like 60$. I would definitely buy it.

Make stronger Poison-type Pokémon. Something that would immediately be ranked in the Overused group. In fact, why not make this generation's titan be Poison type? Out of the 5 titans (I don't like to count Metagross) only ONE has not been part Dragon. A poison type with HUGE base stats, that's what I would like.

Second... please, no. We don't need Gamefreak defining for us which Pokemon are equal in worth to which. Just ban the illegal level-9-and-unders.
All I mean by that is like, when you put up a basic un-evolved Pokemon, you can only ask for Pokemon that are also basic un-evolved. Same with stage 1, or stage 2 or whatever. If that won't work, legendaries for legendaries and shiny for shiny would be a fine restriction.

That's still an unnecessary limitation. And it's perfectly possible that a player might think a given evolved Pokemon has the same worth as a given unevolved one, and a legendary the same worth as a non-legendary, especially if all they're trying to do is complete their Pokedex. There's absolutely no reason to limit GTS requests like that.
It'd just make unfair trades impossible. You'd think Game Freak could trust the players... But there should be some restriction, as in to prevent people asking for a Darkrai or Dragonite for their Magikarp.
Maybe they really need a magikarp for their pokedex, or really like it, and don't need or don't want darkrai or dragonite and are willing to trade, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
There is literally no reason for anyone asking for a Darkrai for a Magikarp. Hack checks and systems to cut down on trolling, whatever it takes, will make it actually fun to trade. I and the majority of people I know have been put off using the GTS because of trolls. People who think it's clever to waste time putting up a Basculin nicknamed Mew or something. There's another thing, while we have cuss/swear nicknames banned, there should also be a filter that stops people from nicknaming a Pokemon the name of another Pokemon.

Make stronger Poison-type Pokémon. Something that would immediately be ranked in the Overused group. In fact, why not make this generation's titan be Poison type? Out of the 5 titans (I don't like to count Metagross) only ONE has not been part Dragon. A poison type with HUGE base stats, that's what I would like.
Metagross is one. Why don't you count it?

I hope they put two regions in, as well. HG/SS were some of the most fun games I've ever played because of Kanto. They should do the new region and put either Hoenn, Sinnoh, or Unova (or all three) in.

My point was, why am I a less 'legitimate' trader if I don't check back every 3-4 weeks? That's bull. When you check is utterly arbitrary; legitimacy is entirely down to what you're asking for and what you're offering.

I'm not saying that you aren't legitamite. There is already a limit (i lost a raikou once because i left it a few months). I mean, i don't know what the person who came up with this idea is thinking, but what I was thinking was something like this: after a month (which is 4 weeks), the pokemon is put back in your box, you not lose it. Besides, if someone is trading, unless you completely forget (like what happened to me with my raikou a long time ago), i just don't see how someone would go an entire month without checking on your trade. All it does is clog the gts right now. There should be an automated system where if you do get a trade completed, it should be automatically sent to your box, not released. And i think the same should happen if you don't get a trade, it should eventually be sent back to your box, not released like what currently happens. There isn't unlimited space on any cloud storage (which the gts is technically one even if it is meant to be temporary until you trade), and it is clogged right now thanks to all the trades asking for level 9 and under zekroms, which are never going to disappear.

I'm not calling you illegitamate, but I'm just saying that i believe that most who are really wanting a trade will be less likely to not check back. Of course, they'd need to give you ample time to check back.

There are way too many people here wanting the GTS to remain the broken, troll-filled mess it is today... I worry.

I'd personally like a few changes to the GTS:
1. A larger selection of people. This is so that we don't have to only look at four people wanting Dialgas for Magikarps, and can see around one hundred more.
2. Have the pokemon organized by pokedex number please? To stop from seeing Magikarp in the mew trade place.
3. Have only possible pokemon levels to trade please. I'm getting tired of wanting a pokemon, and finding out I need a level 9 magikarp for it.
4. STOP BANNING FROSLASS. And nosepass, and probopass. Make it so that whenever a pokemon is named it's own name, and the swear is not in all caps or something, that it will actually be allowed to be traded.

So, I don't think we should ban the "troll" ones altogether, because once in a blue moon someone might like it, but at least these should be implemented.

I'd personally like a few changes to the GTS:
1. A larger selection of people. This is so that we don't have to only look at four people wanting Dialgas for Magikarps, and can see around one hundred more.
2. Have the pokemon organized by pokedex number please? To stop from seeing Magikarp in the mew trade place.
3. Have only possible pokemon levels to trade please. I'm getting tired of wanting a pokemon, and finding out I need a level 9 magikarp for it.
4. STOP BANNING FROSLASS. And nosepass, and probopass. Make it so that whenever a pokemon is named it's own name, and the swear is not in all caps or something, that it will actually be allowed to be traded.

So, I don't think we should ban the "troll" ones altogether, because once in a blue moon someone might like it, but at least these should be implemented.
1. This also annoys me. They should just have a list of offers with the sprites next to them. Especially if trainer customization is happening.
2. There should be a choice as to how the list is organized.
3. This. This. And more this. There should also be a filter as to what you can ask for. Yeah it should be up to the trainers, but when these trainers are saying "Haha, I'll put up a shiny Gligar lv1 and ask for a lv100 Victini", that's when it gets ridiculous. Oh, and there should be a ban on putting up a Pokemon for the same Pokemon or its evolved form.
4. The name thing. Oh god the name thing. If they hate cuss words, just don't put one in a Pokemon's name. Especially with Cofagrigus, who was introduced in the generation the GTS filter came in.

There are way too many people here wanting the GTS to remain the broken, troll-filled mess it is today... I worry.

No, we just want any changes made to actually fix the thing, instead of making it any more of a pain to use.
Anti-troll filters would make it less of a pain I reckon.
Oh, and there should be a ban on putting up a Pokemon for the same Pokemon or its evolved form.

What about trade evolutions? Trading a Haunter for another Haunter so you both get a Gengar. That's legit.
Well, considering the fact that GTS isn't the only method of trading... That's not necessary.

Just to mention quickly 3 things I want:

- Another new eeveelution besides Sylveon
- Pokemon from every gen in the regional dex
- The option to re battle gym leaders

Just to mention quickly 3 things I want:

- Another new eeveelution besides Sylveon
- Pokemon from every gen in the regional dex
- The option to re battle gym leaders
1. I also hope for that, maybe a Sound Eeveelution, or "Cosmic" if we get a Cosmic type (I've seen a lot of speculation on that) because of the stars on the Eevee short logo. Problem is, we'd probably have seen both by now if there was another one.
2. So far we've seen Pokemon from every Gen other than II in the game. Unless they randomly used old Pokemon to show the battle system (like Butterfree was in a DP screenshot to demonstrate the gender differences).
3. I've always wanted this. Emerald did almost perfectly with that I reckon, Platinum... Not too bad but I want the freedom to battle any leader I like (although I wouldn't mind a system where you have your own café in an upgraded Join Avenue that friends and leaders visit for you to battle), BW2 I hated for that. Yeah I liked how it was possible, but I wanted EXP from it, and it clearly wasn't canon.

Also, I've probably said enough already about the GTS restrictions, but this is exactly why I think they're absolutely necessary.
hFB713736

1. I also hope for that, maybe a Sound Eeveelution, or "Cosmic" if we get a Cosmic type (I've seen a lot of speculation on that) because of the stars on the Eevee short logo. Problem is, we'd probably have seen both by now if there was another one.
Both seem like a good idea. Even though I wouldn't mind seeing a new eeveelution of an older type like ground or ghost.

2. So far we've seen Pokemon from every Gen other than II in the game. Unless they randomly used old Pokemon to show the battle system (like Butterfree was in a DP screenshot to demonstrate the gender differences).
This early on it's almost impossible to tell what older Pokemon are gonna be in the regional dex. They obviously don't want to reveal to many new Pokemon right now so that's why they showed us gameplay with some older Pokemon.

3. I've always wanted this. Emerald did almost perfectly with that I reckon, Platinum... Not too bad but I want the freedom to battle any leader I like (although I wouldn't mind a system where you have your own café in an upgraded Join Avenue that friends and leaders visit for you to battle), BW2 I hated for that. Yeah I liked how it was possible, but I wanted EXP from it, and it clearly wasn't canon.
I don't really care how it is possible as long as it's just possible. They have the habit to put the feature in one game but to take it out in the next one. I was quite disappointed when I found out I couldn't re battle gym leaders in BW. The problem is that we never know if it's possible in the next game or not.

Also, I've probably said enough already about the GTS restrictions, but this is exactly why I think they're absolutely necessary.
hFB713736
Oh wow. I have never really been such a GTS user myself but that's just ridiculous. I definitely support you with that.

Back
Top Bottom