• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you want in Gen 6?

1. I also hope for that, maybe a Sound Eeveelution, or "Cosmic" if we get a Cosmic type (I've seen a lot of speculation on that) because of the stars on the Eevee short logo. Problem is, we'd probably have seen both by now if there was another one.
Both seem like a good idea. Even though I wouldn't mind seeing a new eeveelution of an older type like ground or ghost.

2. So far we've seen Pokemon from every Gen other than II in the game. Unless they randomly used old Pokemon to show the battle system (like Butterfree was in a DP screenshot to demonstrate the gender differences).
This early on it's almost impossible to tell what older Pokemon are gonna be in the regional dex. They obviously don't want to reveal to many new Pokemon right now so that's why they showed us gameplay with some older Pokemon.

3. I've always wanted this. Emerald did almost perfectly with that I reckon, Platinum... Not too bad but I want the freedom to battle any leader I like (although I wouldn't mind a system where you have your own café in an upgraded Join Avenue that friends and leaders visit for you to battle), BW2 I hated for that. Yeah I liked how it was possible, but I wanted EXP from it, and it clearly wasn't canon.
I don't really care how it is possible as long as it's just possible. They have the habit to put the feature in one game but to take it out in the next one. I was quite disappointed when I found out I couldn't re battle gym leaders in BW. The problem is that we never know if it's possible in the next game or not.

Also, I've probably said enough already about the GTS restrictions, but this is exactly why I think they're absolutely necessary.
hFB713736
Oh wow. I have never really been such a GTS user myself but that's just ridiculous. I definitely support you with that.
There are things that Game Freak implement in third versions, but never primary pairs. It annoys me. Remake features too, like every dungeon having an eyecatch, only appeared in remakes.
That's another thing I want in X and Y, or maybe at least a Zelda-styled glance at the first room.
And yeah, Cosmic types I've always wanted to see because there aren't enough alien or space Pokemon.

I'd personally like a few changes to the GTS:
1. A larger selection of people. This is so that we don't have to only look at four people wanting Dialgas for Magikarps, and can see around one hundred more.
2. Have the pokemon organized by pokedex number please? To stop from seeing Magikarp in the mew trade place.
3. Have only possible pokemon levels to trade please. I'm getting tired of wanting a pokemon, and finding out I need a level 9 magikarp for it.
4. STOP BANNING FROSLASS. And nosepass, and probopass. Make it so that whenever a pokemon is named it's own name, and the swear is not in all caps or something, that it will actually be allowed to be traded.

So, I don't think we should ban the "troll" ones altogether, because once in a blue moon someone might like it, but at least these should be implemented.
1. This also annoys me. They should just have a list of offers with the sprites next to them. Especially if trainer customization is happening.
2. There should be a choice as to how the list is organized.
3. This. This. And more this. There should also be a filter as to what you can ask for. Yeah it should be up to the trainers, but when these trainers are saying "Haha, I'll put up a shiny Gligar lv1 and ask for a lv100 Victini", that's when it gets ridiculous. Oh, and there should be a ban on putting up a Pokemon for the same Pokemon or its evolved form.
4. The name thing. Oh god the name thing. If they hate cuss words, just don't put one in a Pokemon's name. Especially with Cofagrigus, who was introduced in the generation the GTS filter came in.

No, for 2 I don't mean the list of pokemon. I mean so that you don't see nicknamed pokemon in the wrong trade list.

Best way to filter GTS? If the person hasn't come to check if the trade has happened for X amount of days, then the trade offer no longer appears in the trade offer until they log into the GTS again.

What's the advantage to this?
1. Legitimate traders will check to see if their Pokemon are being traded on a regular basis.

Uh, no. What about traders with work/school/social life commitments? Or traders who don't have reliable internet access 24/7? Are we illegitimate just because we can't get to the GTS as often as we'd like? Do we deserve to miss out just because we might be unable to meet the 'deadline' and check in every so often?

There's a reason why the strict gym leader calling schedule in HGSS and the shrinking of Black City/White Forest in BW if you didn't complete the game in time was so unpopular - it effectively punishes players for having a life. I don't want to see the GTS go the same way.

No one ever said you'd have to check hourly or anything. Once every 3-4 weeks should be fine

My point was, why am I a less 'legitimate' trader if I don't check back every 3-4 weeks? That's bull. When you check is utterly arbitrary; legitimacy is entirely down to what you're asking for and what you're offering.

I'm not saying that you aren't legitamite. There is already a limit (i lost a raikou once because i left it a few months). I mean, i don't know what the person who came up with this idea is thinking, but what I was thinking was something like this: after a month (which is 4 weeks), the pokemon is put back in your box, you not lose it. Besides, if someone is trading, unless you completely forget (like what happened to me with my raikou a long time ago), i just don't see how someone would go an entire month without checking on your trade. All it does is clog the gts right now. There should be an automated system where if you do get a trade completed, it should be automatically sent to your box, not released. And i think the same should happen if you don't get a trade, it should eventually be sent back to your box, not released like what currently happens. There isn't unlimited space on any cloud storage (which the gts is technically one even if it is meant to be temporary until you trade), and it is clogged right now thanks to all the trades asking for level 9 and under zekroms, which are never going to disappear.

I'm not calling you illegitamate, but I'm just saying that i believe that most who are really wanting a trade will be less likely to not check back. Of course, they'd need to give you ample time to check back.

Please notice the quote of the poster I was originally replying to - they basically said that you're not legitimate if you don't check on your pokemon on a regular basis. And I was saying that's bullshit. I wasn't saying you were calling me an illegitimate trader - sorry for any confusion :p I do actually like your idea that a traded pokemon could automatically be sent to your PC - perhaps with a notification just to let you know that the trade went through. It would streamline the process and save a lot of time!

I just think there are more important things to do to fix the GTS (ban wants of level 9 and under Kyurems, off the top of my head) in the 6th gen, and punishing players for not adhering to strict deadlines ain't one of em. If I want a Pidgey for my Bagon, I reserve the right to put up that Bagon and not check it for 6 months. What am I doing wrong? Who am I harming?

And not that I'm calling you a liar, but I was told by a moderator among various other informed sources that you do not lose pokemon no matter how long you leave them in the GTS, so I don't know what went wrong with yours? Or maybe that's something they fixed for the 5th gen or something, idk...

Make stronger Poison-type Pokémon. Something that would immediately be ranked in the Overused group. In fact, why not make this generation's titan be Poison type? Out of the 5 titans (I don't like to count Metagross) only ONE has not been part Dragon. A poison type with HUGE base stats, that's what I would like.
Metagross is one. Why don't you count it?

Because I associate the term "titan" with huge, intimidating dinosaur-like Pokémon, not with a strange UFO look-alike. I do know that Metagross is a titan, but I don't consider it one. I just don't think it fits in the group.

I think there needs to be a way to simply "give" many pokemon at a time instead of taking a minute to trade each. one. Giving a away many pokemon at a time can take far too long by the current method, and it's stupid how the receiving player has to catch something expendable just receive something the other player will willingly give them.

Make stronger Poison-type Pokémon. Something that would immediately be ranked in the Overused group. In fact, why not make this generation's titan be Poison type? Out of the 5 titans (I don't like to count Metagross) only ONE has not been part Dragon. A poison type with HUGE base stats, that's what I would like.
Metagross is one. Why don't you count it?

Because I associate the term "titan" with huge, intimidating dinosaur-like Pokémon, not with a strange UFO look-alike. I do know that Metagross is a titan, but I don't consider it one. I just don't think it fits in the group.

Even if Metagross might be the odd one in the group, the "titans" isn't grouped together because appearance, they're grouped together because they all have specific things in common. In this case: a three-stage evolutionary line, 1,250,000 experience at level 100 and a BST of 600, with the last one being the part that probably weights the most. Metagross fits these requirements, so it's a "titan", or "pseudo-legendary", whenever you like it or not.

Speaking of pseudo-legendaries, I wonder if Gen VI's version will be a Dragon-type/based on a dragon-like creature or if they'll go a different route again. Even if I personally love dragons, that would be really fun to see. What if they introduce two again?

Also, I've probably said enough already about the GTS restrictions, but this is exactly why I think they're absolutely necessary.
hFB713736

Who on earth would search a Patrat through GTS?

Consider this: You have two games and one console, you want to transfer a Pokémon between games. At least I have used "offers" like this to transfer my Pokémon, because, see, Lv.100 Rayquaza is a totally legit Pokémon, and nobody in their senses would search a Patrat through GTS so I think I don't screw anyone's search.

A VERY different case are the brats who ask for a Lv.9 Reshiram, a Pokémon completely unobtainable on that level.

I want them to improve venomoths animation thingy,there might not be an anamtion thingy in th next game but if there is it needs some work. moths do not flap there wings at 100 miles per hour... it looks ridiculous its wings should move in a gentle motion similar to volcaronas but slightly faster, i wouldent mind it beign little bit straight on and upward facing that angle at the moment is not venomoths best side at all.. they need to get the pose similar to platinums or even soul silvers spirite maybe give it slight side to side movement to add some life once again about a couple milliseconds faster than volcaronas would be perfect.

They've switched to 3D models, so I'll hazard a guess and say its flapping animation will be much more smoother than it would be when represented through an animated sprite.

Also, here's an idea...3 vs. 3 Free For All Matches, like three trainers right one another. With the switch to 3D, it'd be easier to do, and it'd be pretty fun...like, for example, a match between all three Starters at the beginning. Perhaps there could be some special elements added, like maybe a Pokemon gets a little defensive boost when both sides attack it to make things a bit fair and to prevent ganging-up.

Either that, or fix up the Triple Battles...I think a "HP divider" mechanic would make it a little funner, you know, like when you use Earthquake the attack power's divided up among three Pokemon instead of all of them taking the full force.

Best way to filter GTS? If the person hasn't come to check if the trade has happened for X amount of days, then the trade offer no longer appears in the trade offer until they log into the GTS again.

What's the advantage to this?
1. Legitimate traders will check to see if their Pokemon are being traded on a regular basis.

Uh, no. What about traders with work/school/social life commitments? Or traders who don't have reliable internet access 24/7? Are we illegitimate just because we can't get to the GTS as often as we'd like? Do we deserve to miss out just because we might be unable to meet the 'deadline' and check in every so often?

There's a reason why the strict gym leader calling schedule in HGSS and the shrinking of Black City/White Forest in BW if you didn't complete the game in time was so unpopular - it effectively punishes players for having a life. I don't want to see the GTS go the same way.

No one ever said you'd have to check hourly or anything. Once every 3-4 weeks should be fine

My point was, why am I a less 'legitimate' trader if I don't check back every 3-4 weeks? That's bull. When you check is utterly arbitrary; legitimacy is entirely down to what you're asking for and what you're offering.

I'm not saying that you aren't legitamite. There is already a limit (i lost a raikou once because i left it a few months). I mean, i don't know what the person who came up with this idea is thinking, but what I was thinking was something like this: after a month (which is 4 weeks), the pokemon is put back in your box, you not lose it. Besides, if someone is trading, unless you completely forget (like what happened to me with my raikou a long time ago), i just don't see how someone would go an entire month without checking on your trade. All it does is clog the gts right now. There should be an automated system where if you do get a trade completed, it should be automatically sent to your box, not released. And i think the same should happen if you don't get a trade, it should eventually be sent back to your box, not released like what currently happens. There isn't unlimited space on any cloud storage (which the gts is technically one even if it is meant to be temporary until you trade), and it is clogged right now thanks to all the trades asking for level 9 and under zekroms, which are never going to disappear.

I'm not calling you illegitamate, but I'm just saying that i believe that most who are really wanting a trade will be less likely to not check back. Of course, they'd need to give you ample time to check back.

Please notice the quote of the poster I was originally replying to - they basically said that you're not legitimate if you don't check on your pokemon on a regular basis. And I was saying that's bullshit. I wasn't saying you were calling me an illegitimate trader - sorry for any confusion :p I do actually like your idea that a traded pokemon could automatically be sent to your PC - perhaps with a notification just to let you know that the trade went through. It would streamline the process and save a lot of time!

I just think there are more important things to do to fix the GTS (ban wants of level 9 and under Kyurems, off the top of my head) in the 6th gen, and punishing players for not adhering to strict deadlines ain't one of em. If I want a Pidgey for my Bagon, I reserve the right to put up that Bagon and not check it for 6 months. What am I doing wrong? Who am I harming?

And not that I'm calling you a liar, but I was told by a moderator among various other informed sources that you do not lose pokemon no matter how long you leave them in the GTS, so I don't know what went wrong with yours? Or maybe that's something they fixed for the 5th gen or something, idk...

Oh, ok. My bad

As for my beloved Raikou, it happened in HeartGold. I had forgotten about it after several months, I went back and i got a message saying it fled or something

How about some sort of box for a select few pokémon (maybe like three?) that makes sure that they don't get deleted when you restart your save file? You can pick them up again at some point in the storyline. Not very likely, but I want it.

Most of all, I really want a return of Pokemon getting to follow you. It was such a fun little feature. I was disappointed to see it go.

hFB713736

Who on earth would search a Patrat through GTS?

Consider this: You have two games and one console, you want to transfer a Pokémon between games. At least I have used "offers" like this to transfer my Pokémon, because, see, Lv.100 Rayquaza is a totally legit Pokémon, and nobody in their senses would search a Patrat through GTS so I think I don't screw anyone's search.

A VERY different case are the brats who ask for a Lv.9 Reshiram, a Pokémon completely unobtainable on that level.

I think what skaraflame means is that even when it comes to a Pokémon as common as Patrat (which there are thousands and can be caught in any version of Black and White) people still try and troll around.

(to the tune of 12 days of christmas) #On the upcoming announcements, Satoshi has to add: (inhales)

(12) New Pokethlon,

(11) Berry planting soil,

(10) Pure Flying types,

(9) No GTS,

(8) 3rd gen remakes,

(7) A father for the player,

(6) Europe expy landmarks...

(for number 5) 3! D-GRAPHIIIIIIIICS!!!

(4) No more Zubats, (3) Battle Frointer, (2) Pokemon Contest....(inhales again)

(1) AND A DARK TYPE GYM LEADER TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!#

MAKE IT HAPPEN, SATOSHI!!!!

I'm not sure if I said this in a previous post or if someone else said this before and I don't feel like scrolling through 165 pages so yeah but all I really want is the return of secret bases plus better furniture, and multiplayer options like combining it with entralink or wi-fi or something.

Bring back Spiky-eared Pichu and Shadow Pokémon. Imagine a Shadow version of Gen IV/V/VI Pokémon like Shadow Emolga.

moths do not flap there wings at 100 miles per hour...
Hemaris

I think a "HP divider" mechanic would make it a little funner, you know, like when you use Earthquake the attack power's divided up among three Pokemon instead of all of them taking the full force.
Most moves that target multiple pokemon in triple battles aren't moves that would be diminished by the number of pokemon it's hitting. An earthquake isn't going to hit less fiercely because two or 3 pokemon are standing on the shaking ground. It'd effect everything the same. A tidal wave's gonna hit everything just as hard whether it's hitting one, two or three pokemon.

How about some sort of box for a select few pokémon (maybe like three?) that makes sure that they don't get deleted when you restart your save file? You can pick them up again at some point in the storyline. Not very likely, but I want it.
Really, there just shouldn't be any limit on that. People dislike restarting because they lose pokemon they've raised or rare ones they've caught if they can't transfer them. Saving boxes and simply not allowing access until later in the game would be a terrific move.

Most moves that target multiple pokemon in triple battles aren't moves that would be diminished by the number of pokemon it's hitting. An earthquake isn't going to hit less fiercely because two or 3 pokemon are standing on the shaking ground. It'd effect everything the same. A tidal wave's gonna hit everything just as hard whether it's hitting one, two or three pokemon.
So, I don't care about how real-world "physics" apply, I just think currently in Triple Battles moves such as that are way too powerful and reduce the fun.

Back
Top Bottom