• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Best Wishes Series 2 Decolora Adventure! (April 25th)

Re: Pokémon Best Wishes Series 2 Dekoroa Adventure! (April 25th)

It looks like once again, non-Kanto native Pokemon will be in Kanto, unless these Heatmor are just found on the islands they'll be exploring.

That part about everyone "turning" into Beheeyem has got me curious.

That's probably in the Jirachi episode, notice all the ghost pokemon in the scan? Probably another episode where the ghost pokemon make illusions.

Joshawott said:
Yes. Because this is a filler arc and Pokémon loves fillers. I never said it will be all fillers though, there could be another tournament or something somewhere down the line and a proper send off for Burgundy and Georgia. We still have 7 months until XY's release, so they could easily announce and hype something between now and then. All because it wasn't announced now doesn't mean it won't be.
I think that another title change in late July or early August is more plausible than a tournament being shoved into the Decolora saga. You seem to be forgetting the fact that Episode N will only last 14 episodes in total; every important aspect of the saga was foreshadowed in December. People thought that more events would be crammed into the saga and that the White Ruins arc would be the Best Wishes finale, but they were wrong. You seem to be repeating that mistake. We only know that the saga will last until July; it could end after 11 episodes and pave the way to another short saga that would last roughly 10 episodes.

Last edited:

Joshawott said:
Yes. Because this is a filler arc and Pokémon loves fillers. I never said it will be all fillers though, there could be another tournament or something somewhere down the line and a proper send off for Burgundy and Georgia. We still have 7 months until XY's release, so they could easily announce and hype something between now and then. All because it wasn't announced now doesn't mean it won't be.
I think that another title change in late July or early August is more plausible than a tournament being shoved into the Decolora saga. You seem to be forgetting the fact that Episode N will only last 14 episodes in total; every important event about the saga was foreshadowed in December. People thought that more events would be crammed into the saga and that the White Ruins arc would be the Best Wishes finale, but they were wrong. You seem to be repeating that mistake. We only know that the saga will last until July; it could end after 11 episodes and pave the way to another short saga that would last roughly 10 episodes.

enough sagas just end it already.

Joshawott said:
I think that another title change in late July or early August is more plausible than a tournament being shoved into the Decolora saga. You seem to be forgetting the fact that Episode N will only last 14 episodes in total; every important event about the saga was foreshadowed in December. People thought that more events would be crammed into the saga and that the White Ruins arc would be the Best Wishes finale, but they were wrong. You seem to be repeating that mistake. We only know that the saga will last until July; it could end after 11 episodes and pave the way to another short saga that would last roughly 10 episodes.
But there won't be a Kanto adventure shoved into those last 10 or so episodes.

I also never specifically said there would be a tournament, I said "a tournament or something". Basically, something there to give characters like Georgia and Burgundy an excuse to appear so their characters can receive a conclusion. However:
Also, isn't the title sort of a pun now even more so? Like, "da" basically is added to the end of a sentence in Japanese to imply exclamation, correct? So there's sort of a cute redundancy by having "Da!".
Who knows, perhaps that might have been a pun? Especially as although "Da!" is also an acronym for "Dekoroa Adventure", if it was merely just an acronym, wouldn't the "A" be capitalised as well?

There's probably going to be something in Kanto like a TR finale. Giovanni hasn't been removed off the Best Wishes major character page.

And you know this how? I don't know what you mean by an adventure, but there could very well be something in Kanto. You're one of the few people who don't find that possible at this point.

And you know this how? I don't know what you mean by an adventure, but there could very well be something in Kanto. You're one of the few people who don't find that possible at this point.
If there is, it would be a crappy, rushed adventure that would most likely only last a mere ten episodes. I'd much rather the writers tried to give some substance to the Da! series instead of throwing us with yet another short lived gimmick title.
Let's take a look at this again:
Return to Kanto! The long-awaited start of a new chapter!
Going back from the Unova region to the Kanto region, Ash and his friends have a great adventure on the Dekorola Archipelago!
It's obvious that returning to Kanto is the goal, whereas the adventure is on the Dekorola Archipelago - the substance of the arc. Excluding the already announced four episodes, there will be between 13 and 17 episodes between now and the XY anime (13 being until the first week of October, 17 being the last, so I imagine the actual number will be around 15). A lot of the people talking about a possible Kanto arc seem to be getting confused because they bring up the lack of any big event being hyped in the Da! announcement, yet they think that despite it being a new title, it will be uneventful and short enough to justify a whole other arc. That doesn't make a lick of sense. In the comings months we'll hear about some kind of event happening in the Dekorola Archipelago that will flesh it out and of course, there will be the usual supply of buttloads of standalone filler episodes to. Makes zero sense that they would create a brand new mini-region and give the series a whole new title if nothing notable happens in it.

Heck, why would they even make a new set of islands for a brief arc, when we've had anime-only towns since the series' inception with no hype or even a care in the world?

There's probably going to be something in Kanto like a TR finale. Giovanni hasn't been removed off the Best Wishes major character page.
He's in the same box as Jessie, James and Meowth under the name "Team Rocket", with no specific entry of his own or reference to him personally. Also, Joy and Jenny are on that list too - are we going to have a Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny finale too?! >> (See). You're clutching at straws to try and justify your whimsical fantasy of a theory...

Last edited:

Some of you guys keep calling them the Dekoroa Islands, perhaps because of the thread title, but they're the デコロラ Islands, or Dekorora.

Also, regarding the TV announcements, first there is this shorter blurb here from the official Pokémon site. (Original Japanese edited out b/c it broke the post, but English translation offered below.)
A new development in the TV anime!
On April 25 (Thursday), Pocket Monsters Best Wishes Season 2 Dekorora Adventure will start!

There will be laughs! There will be tears!? Going all around the Dekorora Archipelago, Ash & Co.'s new journey begins!
As for what sort of adventure it will be, please look forward to our follow-up report!
Source: Pokémon.co.jp

As for that other block of text, the one you guys offer as the "Sushi from SPPf" text that comes from the TV Tokyo page ... (again, Japanese quote-block deleted because it broke the post)
On April 25 (Thursday), Pocket Monsters Best Wishes Season 2 Dekorora Adventure begins!

The return to Kanto! A long-awaited new chapter starts!!
Ash & Co., returning to the Kanto region from the Unova region, have a grand adventure at the Dekorora Archipelago!
Being chased by Beedrill, being chased by giant Heatmor ...
Eeh!? Parting with Oshawott!?
Furthermore! Everyone turned into a Beheeyem!? Furthermore, furthermore! An encounter with an illusionary Pokémon*!?
Could it be!? Iris and Ash break off their friendship!? And watching that with broad grins on their faces are Team Rocket ...!

Laughs! Tears! Treasure!? Going around the various islands on their boat trip, they now set off!!
Source: TV Tokyo

Just an alternate translation I thought I'd offer. Lines up with the Sushi one very closely.

* the Japanese fandom uses the term "illusionary Pokémon" to refer to legendaries that can't ordinarily be acquired during the original story. So like, in Generation 1, they say that the only legendary who fit this criterion was Mew. (Not sure why they don't include Mewtwo as well since his cave's blocked off until after the Elite Four but whatever. ^^; ) In Generation 2, the list includes the version exclusives like Ho-oh and Lugia as well as the Ilex Shrine's Celebi. You get the idea. Clearly, the usage here is referring to Jirachi, but I bring it up for your own edification so that if in the future you see a Japanese news source mention a 幻のポケモン, you can narrow it down to a select list of legendaries. For that list, see the Japanese Wikipedia category page here.

EDIT: For some reason, the inclusion of a certain amount of Japanese text seems to mess up the post's contents displaying properly. Joshawott removed it for me in the edit above, but I just thought I should let you guys know. When I wrote the post, I originally quoted the relevant Japanese text on the pages hyperlinked to, and then I offered translations. You can still see the translations above. Hope they help.
EDIT2: Made some slight adjustments to the text above, given it's now missing the Japanese text originally meant to go along with it. Also, I want to thank Joshawott once again for his help in identifying the problem. Thank you, Joshawott.

Last edited:

If there is, it would be a crappy, rushed adventure that would most likely only last a mere ten episodes. I'd much rather the writers tried to give some substance to the Da! series instead of throwing us with yet another short lived gimmick title.
If they wanted to give substance to the Decolora saga, we'd already know about at least one major event.

It's obvious that returning to Kanto is the goal, whereas the adventure is on the Dekorola Archipelago - the substance of the arc.
Yes, for the first time Ash returning to Kanto is considered a goal. Don't you find that strange? Also, you're neglecting the fact the entire Docolora saga, rather than a specific episode, is being referred to as the start of a new chapter.

Excluding the already announced four episodes, there will be between 13 and 17 episodes between now and the XY anime (13 being until the first week of October, 17 being the last, so I imagine the actual number will be around 15).
No. After Episode N, there will be 21 episodes left until the end of September (I didn't count the two-week break we'll probably get in July).

A lot of the people talking about a possible Kanto arc seem to be getting confused because they bring up the lack of any big event being hyped in the Da! announcement, yet they think that despite it being a new title, it will be uneventful and short enough to justify a whole other arc. That doesn't make a lick of sense. In the comings months we'll hear about some kind of event happening in the Dekorola Archipelago that will flesh it out and of course, there will be the usual supply of buttloads of standalone filler episodes to. Makes zero sense that they would create a brand new mini-region and give the series a whole new title if nothing notable happens in it.
The only thing that doesn't make sense is not announcing something big for this saga if there were such a thing to announce. Again, they weren't shy when they announced Season 2 and later Episode N; the hype was very blatant.

Heck, why would they even make a new set of islands for a brief arc, when we've had anime-only towns since the series' inception with no hype or even a care in the world?
Because they want to have fillers after Episode N, and there have been very few islands in Best Wishes so far. Creating a set of islands is not a big deal.

If they wanted to give substance to the Decolora saga, we'd already know about at least one major event.
There's still 6-7 months to announce one.

It's obvious that returning to Kanto is the goal, whereas the adventure is on the Dekorola Archipelago - the substance of the arc.
Yes, for the first time Ash returning to Kanto is considered a goal. Don't you find that strange? Also, you're neglecting the fact the entire Docolora saga, rather than a specific episode, is being referred to as the start of a new chapter.
Yes and it's called the XY arc.

Excluding the already announced four episodes, there will be between 13 and 17 episodes between now and the XY anime (13 being until the first week of October, 17 being the last, so I imagine the actual number will be around 15).
No. After Episode N, there will be 21 episodes left until the end of September (I didn't count the two-week break we'll probably get in July).
I said "EXCLUDING the already announced four episodes". Including them brings the number to 21.

A lot of the people talking about a possible Kanto arc seem to be getting confused because they bring up the lack of any big event being hyped in the Da! announcement, yet they think that despite it being a new title, it will be uneventful and short enough to justify a whole other arc. That doesn't make a lick of sense. In the comings months we'll hear about some kind of event happening in the Dekorola Archipelago that will flesh it out and of course, there will be the usual supply of buttloads of standalone filler episodes to. Makes zero sense that they would create a brand new mini-region and give the series a whole new title if nothing notable happens in it.
The only thing that doesn't make sense is not announcing something big for this saga if there were such a thing to announce. Again, they weren't shy when they announced Season 2 and later Episode N; the hype was very blatant.
So you're seriously telling me that you believe the writers would dedicate a brand new series title to a story arc where absolutely nothing happens? That makes less sense.

Because they want to have fillers after Episode N, and there have been very few islands in Best Wishes so far. Creating a set of islands is not a big deal.
[/quote]
But giving the group a name and putting that name in the series' title, is a big deal.

The Decolora saga is not the beginning of a new generation. Be reasonable.

I said "EXCLUDING the already announced four episodes". Including them brings the number to 21.
Nice try, but you also said that there would be between 13 and 17 episodes, meaning that you thought there were 17 episodes left until the first week of October. Your math was quite clearly off.

So you're seriously telling me that you believe the writers would dedicate a brand new series title to a story arc where absolutely nothing happens? That makes less sense.
Newsflash: The writers have no problem with title changes. Also, they actually expect us to be excited about the fillers they've announced.

But giving the group a name and putting that name in the series' title, is a big deal.
No bigger than Episode N, which only got 14 episodes rather than 30+ as most fans assumed.

The Decolora saga is not the beginning of a new generation. Be reasonable.
I never said it would be. The short Decolora chapter is the bridge between the longer Unova and XY chapters. Read a book and you'll see chapter lengths can vary incredibly.

Nice try, but you also said that there would be between 13 and 17 episodes, meaning that you thought there were 17 episodes left until the first week of October. Your math was quite clearly off.
You sure about that? Here's what I said:
It's obvious that returning to Kanto is the goal, whereas the adventure is on the Dekorola Archipelago - the substance of the arc. Excluding the already announced four episodes, there will be between 13 and 17 episodes between now and the XY anime (13 being until the first week of October, 17 being the last, so I imagine the actual number will be around 15).
And here's a link to the post.
Nice try, but your reading is clearly off.

Newsflash: The writers have no problem with title changes. Also, they actually expect us to be excited about the fillers they've announced.
Newsflash: The writers have only changed the name when something big happens, like with Season 2 to coincide with the Black 2/White 2 games and Episode N for the N arc.

No bigger than Episode N, which only got 14 episodes rather than 30+ as most fans assumed.
Despite being small, Episode N was a big deal because of y'know, N.

I never said it would be. The short Decolora chapter is the bridge between the longer Unova and XY chapters. Read a book and you'll see chapter lengths can vary incredibly.
Except it is being referred as the start of a new chapter rather than a bridge to the next one.

It's obvious that returning to Kanto is the goal, whereas the adventure is on the Dekorola Archipelago - the substance of the arc. Excluding the already announced four episodes, there will be between 13 and 17 episodes between now and the XY anime (13 being until the first week of October, 17 being the last, so I imagine the actual number will be around 15).
No, your math and reading are off. Even if you exclude the announced episodes, there are still at least 17 episodes left (even if Best Wishes only lasts until the end of September). The numbers 13 and 15 that you threw off are based on nothing.

But it was actually promoted as a big deal. You think that the new saga will be longer than Episode N even though it has nothing big going for it. There doesn't need to be an important reason for the title change other than the fact that Episode N is over.

Except it is being referred as the start of a new chapter rather than a bridge to the next one.
The announcement was for the start of the Decolora chapter, which will be shorter as it exists as a bridge between two larger chapters. Sort of like how in Bleach, the Arrancar arc was 27 volumes long, whereas the Fullbring arc was a mere 6 as it acted as a bridge so Ichigo could get his powers back for the longer and current arc. As I said before, chapters don't have to be the same length.
The Decolora chapter is the last chapter of the Best Wishes series, as indicated by the "Da!" at the end, which I pointed out earlier.

No, your math and reading are off. Even if you exclude the announced episodes, there are still at least 17 episodes left (even if Best Wishes only lasts until the end of September). The numbers 13 and 15 that you threw off are based on nothing.
If you take a look at here, you'll see that that Mystery of the Treasure! Deserted Island Adventure!! is set to air in July. If we take that to mean 4th July, then it would take 13 weeks to get to 3rd October, whereas 17 weeks would take us to 31st October. That's all of October covered and we know that XY are coming out during that month. 15 comes from being the middle point between the two, as games are generally released in the middle of the month (although rechecking the calendar, it seems more likely to be that there will be 14 episodes, not 15, as that would mean XY would come out on 12th October) . So we have a minimum of 13 unannounced episodes and a maximum of 17.

But it was actually promoted as a big deal. You think that the new saga will be longer than Episode N even though it has nothing big going for it. There doesn't need to be an important reason for the title change other than the fact that Episode N is over.
I think including a mythical Pokémon will be seen as something going for it (and watch them distribute a Jirachi around that time too), then later on we can get an announcement of something else. If it was just because "Episode N is over", then why not just revert to Best Wishes Season 2? If you look at the full title, Episode N was merely tacked onto the end of it anyway. Or if there is to be a more substantial Kanto arc at the end of this, why not just all Post-N episodes a subtitle to reflect the Kanto arc, announce it and have these episodes as nameless fillers on random islands leading up to it? It's simple: Because a Kanto arc isn't happening.

Last edited:

The announcement was for the start of the Decolora chapter, which will be shorter as it exists as a bridge between two larger chapters.
Nope. The announcement lists a whole bunch of episodes and alludes to the return to Kanto; it is not just a reference to April 25th.

If you take a look at here, you'll see that that Mystery of the Treasure! Deserted Island Adventure!! is set to air in July. If we take that to mean 4th July, then it would take 13 weeks to get to 3rd October, whereas 17 weeks would take us to 31st October. That's all of October covered and we know that XY are coming out during that month. 15 comes from being the middle point between the two, as games are generally released in the middle of the month (although rechecking the calendar, it seems more likely to be that there will be 14 episodes, not 15, as that would mean XY would come out on 12th October) . So we have a minimum of 13 unannounced episodes and a maximum of 17.
So that's what your confusion stems from. The first episode of the saga will air on April 25th, but the announced episodes won't air all at once. Again, there will be at least 21 episodes left after Episode N, of which the first ten will have aired by July. For all we know, the Decolora saga could end in late July.

If it was just because "Episode N is over", then why not just revert to Best Wishes Season 2? If you look at the full title, Episode N was merely tacked onto the end of it anyway.
Because they can. A title change is a good marketing device whether you like it or not.

Or if there is to be a more substantial Kanto arc at the end of this, why not just all Post-N episodes a subtitle to reflect the Kanto arc, announce it and have these episodes as nameless fillers on random islands leading up to it? It's simple: Because a Kanto arc isn't happening.
Because they may want to have fillers between two important arcs, rather than distributing the fillers uniformly over one last arc.

It's simple: Because a Kanto arc isn't happening.
You keep telling yourself that as if were a fact. Plenty of people are suspecting otherwise for valid reasons.

Last edited:

The announcement was for the start of the Decolora chapter, which will be shorter as it exists as a bridge between two larger chapters.
Nope. The announcement lists a whole bunch of episodes and alludes to the return to Kanto; it is not just a reference to April 25th.
So that's what your confusion stems from. The first episode of the saga will air on April 25th, but the announced episodes won't air all at once. Again, there will be at least 21 episodes left after Episode N, of which the first ten will have aired by July. For all we know, the Decolora saga could end in late July.
*looks more closely at the dates*
There are currently no Naruto Shippuden episodes announced past 4th April, so if we assume that there are to be no breaks in Pokémon (as typically, when one of those two has a 2-parter the other one will take a week break), there could be 1 more episode between the Oshawott and Rotom episodes, 3 between Rotom and Jirachi, so there's a total of a possible 4. Considering only 4 episodes have also been announced so far, yeah that's where the confusion came from. There could also be a possible three between the end of Episode N and the Oshawott episode.

If we do have anything related to Kanto, I assume it will mostly be something like say, the gang return to Pallet and then Ash etc travel up to Vermilion City so Ash can get a boat to the XY region, while Iris and Cilan get one back to Unova. But knowing how outright ridiculous the writers have been with Best Wishes, I wouldn't be surprised if we do have 20+ episodes of fillers in the Decolora Archipelago >> (Seriously, I hope to hell they get a new team of writers in for XY's anime).

All I really want anyway is some resolution to Burgundy and Georgia.

The title could apply to Kanto.

Stop being delusional and think for a second; did ANY of the episodes that was showcased on those pages took place in Kanto?

Right now all you talking about is wishful thinking and unrealistic expectations; you're setting yourself for disappointment.

Thinking that there there could be a title change in late July or early August is not an unrealistic expectation, especially as they're foreshadowing the return to Kanto. There is really nothing unreasonable about thinking that Iris and Cilan have an actual reason to go to Kanto. Right now they're only promoting some of the episodes up until July; the reason for that could very well be another transition around early August.

Silktree/Unown Lord/Saraform makes the most sense. There will probably be another short miniarc in Kanto after these islands.

I seriously doubt Team Rocket, who are still in serious mode, will be left unchanged by the time the next gen starts. Something has to happen there.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom