• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW136 - Ibuki and Iris! The Different Colored Crimgan!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zexy

Quaxly Boy
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
  2. They/Them
BulbanewsNOW has given us more insight on an upcoming Dekolora Adventures episode:

tumblr_mk3s8zG0vj1rsrk2xo1_500.jpg

At the top right, there is a shot with Clair the Blackthorn Gym Leader, two fighting Dragonites and a Shiny Druddigon...

Speculation time!

1)Can the two Dragonite be Iris vs Clair's newly evolved Dragonair?
2)Is the Shiny Drudiggon hers, or will it become during the episode?
3)Why exactly is Clair in Dekolora?

BEGIN!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: BW??? - Johto Gym Leader Clair Returns

Iris meeting Clair was something that I speculated about months ago, but I thought that the World Tournament would be involved.

1)Can the two Dragonite be Iris vs Clair's newly evolved Dragonair?
Probably.

2)Is the Shiny Drudiggon hers, or will it become during the episode?
3)Why exactly is Clair in Dekolora?
My guess is that she traveled to Decolora to catch Dragon-type Pokémon that can't be found in Johto or Kanto.

Iris meeting Clair was something that I speculated about months ago, but I thought that the World Tournament would be involved.[/spoiler]

I thought that it would only happen if there was a Kanto arc after the League. They could pay a visit to Johto to write Iris out.

My guess is that she traveled to Decolora to catch Dragon-type Pokémon that can't be found in Johto or Kanto.

Sounds right to me... If Claire's Dragonite's female, is there any shipping chance?

I thought that it would only happen if there was a Kanto arc after the League. They could pay a visit to Johto to write Iris out.
The big question is whether or not Iris' future lies in Unova or in Johto. While we know that Drayden would like Iris to replace him as a gym leader, what does Iris want? She clearly didn't like being in Opelucid in the past. Would she rather follow Clair to Johto? She wouldn't have to stay in Blackthorn; she could travel the region while training under Clair.

Come on, May and Dawn are in Johto already! No Johto for Iris too!

Come on, May and Dawn are in Johto already!
Those were just references; you act as if we saw their adventures. May probably left Johto a while ago, and Dawn only said that she was going there for the Wallace Cup.

If anything, Iris taking over Opelucid gym would be very reminiscent of what happened with Misty.

No Johto for Iris too!
So why is Clair meeting Iris so close to her departure? And why would Iris return to Unova after just leaving it?

Last edited:

I figured we would have seen Lance instead of Clair.

1. I'm guessing that Deagonite could be her evolved Dragonair, but I'm not against believing she possibly caught another one.
2/3. I'm also guessing Clair went to the islands to catch more Pokemon and Druddigon is the one she caught.

Sounds right to me... If Claire's Dragonite's female, is there any shipping chance?

Has Iris's Dragonite even been confirmed male?

Last edited:

It didn't. my fault. But Clair's wasn't gendered either...

Also, the first part is
, not [QUOTE/], that's why it doesn't work...

It didn't. my fault. But Clair's wasn't gendered either...

Also, the first part is
, not [QUOTE/], that's why it doesn't work...

Well, it's not like I doubt that Iris's Dragonite is male, but it hasn't been officially confirmed so that's why I had my doubts. And if the anime follows the games it is more likely that her Dragonite would be female. But either way, I don't see any chance of shipping. Iris's Dragonite just doesn't seem like the romantic type.

P.s. thanks for the quote into.

I really do hope that this Dragonite is Clair's evolved Dragonair and that we can see it have a rematch with Ash's Charizard.

The Shiny Druddigion looks wild to me, but I can see it being caught by Clair near the end.

This druddigon is totally going to iris if its wild and will probably not pbey.the writers have an obsession with disobedient dragons going to her.

She doesn't need another huge dragon. She can catch smaller ones at first and grow them. There is no need to overdue her.

She is a Johto Gym Leader, not one of the protagonists! There's no need she has to get young dragons! Come on, Iris got a Dragonite out of nowhere! Can't she get a Shiny Druddigon?

She is a Johto Gym Leader, not one of the protagonists! There's no need she has to get young dragons! Come on, Iris got a Dragonite out of nowhere! Can't she get a Shiny Druddigon?
They were talking about Iris for some reason. I agree that Clair is most likely Druddigon's owner.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that Clair is going to be Druddigon's trainer. I don't think that the writers would hand over another Dragon Pokemon for Iris so close to her departure. Iris might go train under Claire before going back to Drayden. I don't see another reason for Claire to suddenly appear if they didn't go that route or she wasn't going to hand over her Dragonite to Claire to train while she goes back to Drayden.

I don't get why Clair is appearing. She's a Johto Gym leader.

With all the Kanto stuff going on you'd think Lance would be the one appearing

I don't get why Clair is appearing. She's a Johto Gym leader.
Because, Johto Gym Leaders were exciting, fun, and good characters. And Johto is an exciting region. :>

....And Clair is a girl and Iris clearly is more comfy around females.

Maybe Ibuki went to Isshu to try and catch the shiny Crimgan?

I really really hope that Iris doesn't get Johto'ed too... May/Dawn are waiting there as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom