• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Werewolf -- Endgame, Town Victory -- 5/8/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Werewolf -- Night 0 3/31/13

Confirming.

Nine confirmations have been sent in. You may begin voting - good luck everyone!

Role confirmed.

Let's get it started then.

Vote: Sourcandy

vote: Sourcandy

I just fucking hate her

Vote: No Lynch

Games that are this small shouldn't have day one randomness. Wasting a phase will lead to the town's downfall.

Role confirmed.

Zima: What does the game's size have to do with whether or not we should lynch someone on Day 1? Either a Day 1 lynch is good or it's bad, right?

Also, the suggested choice between "randomness" and no lynch is a false dichotomy, as we can lynch without being random.

Yatagarasu: That's not just meta (which is not, incidentally, inherently bad), that's applying someone else's self-meta (which is, incidentally, inherently unreliable) - it also suggests that the game's roles were not RNG'd, as if they were, the object of your meta-analysis (role distribution) would be exempt anyway.

I also feel inclined to ask you what you have against the Sourcandy wagon, since you're launching a counterwagon.

Vote: Sourcandy

1.) She's the leading wagon.
2.) I have yet to find a reason to believe she is Town.
3.) I have yet to find a reason to believe someone else would be a better lynch.

Vote is, of course, subject to change as circumstances change. Until such a time arrives, however, consider this a very serious vote. ;-)

I'm out of RVS now, don't know about the rest of you.

Re: Werewolf -- Day 1 3/31/13

This game started already o_O

Oh well, not much to catch up on. I'm gonna go with the bandwagon on this one. Mainly because a failed lynch can still provide intel. A 'no lynch' will not. We might get lucky and SC always seems scummy to me, so I would be happy to take a risk with her.

Vote: SourCandy

@Master Mew; Sorry I forgot to subscribe from the thread. In response I wasn't voting with the intention a counter wagon nor will I support a bandwagon on someone day one with no evidence to suggest they are mafia. For all we know SC could be a PR. Lynches in small games can cost us a lot. Right now if SC is town then mafia can hide on the bandwagon and avoid conversation.

UNVOTE: TheMissingno
VOTE: No Lynch

At this point I believe it to be the safer route.

Well that was strange.

Sorry I forgot to subscribe from the thread. In response I wasn't voting with the intention a counter wagon nor will I support a bandwagon on someone day one with no evidence to suggest they are mafia. For all we know SC could be a PR. Lynches in small games can cost us a lot. Right now if SC is town then mafia can hide on the bandwagon and avoid conversation.

How do you go from refusing to vote someone without evidence to voting someone without evidence purely by virtue of discovering that we have to lynch someone this phase? We have no deadline, there's no rush, you could have just unvoted "No Lynch," started scumhunting, and not voted for anyone else until you found a suspect you were comfortable with voting for, but instead you just slipped into the bandwagon that you've been opposing up until this point without any explanation of what changed your mind.

Unvote: Sourcandy
Vote: Yatagarasu

I posit that Yatagarasu has decided to "hide on the bandwagon and avoid conversation" - which is interesting, given that she had just ascribed that tactic to Scum in her previous post.

EDIT: The Reader's Digest version:

A.) Yatagarasu believes voting for someone without evidence hurts the Town.

B.) Yatagarasu voted for someone without evidence.

Therefore:

C.) Yatagarasu believes she is hurting the Town.

Last edited:

Unvote: Sourcandy

I will now give everyone who has played a scum score out of 10.
Why I think people could be mafia (or not):

vote: Sourcandy

I just fucking hate her

Oh come on now with that attitude.

Scum score: 3/10

VOTE: TheMissingno You said you get mafia a lot

First to use meta

Meta or not, what I've been before has nothing to do with what I am now. If you win the lottery 10 times in a row it still doesn't effect your chances of winning another.

However, Master Mew brings up some good points about your self contradiction. I'll upgrade your score to 4/10.

Vote: No Lynch

Games that are this small shouldn't have day one randomness. Wasting a phase will lead to the town's downfall.

Too bad not paying attention to the rules isn't a scum tell. Though one may also consider a no lynch to be a waste of a phase, but I'm not having that argument.

@Master Mew;
1) You're third on the wagon, it wasn't really a wagon until you posted that because she voted herself (which could be playing against her win condition but I'm not the host so)
2) Do you have a reason to believe she's not town?
3) cool

Scum score: 4/10

This game started already o_O

Oh well, not much to catch up on. I'm gonna go with the bandwagon on this one. Mainly because a failed lynch can still provide intel. A 'no lynch' will not. We might get lucky and SC always seems scummy to me, so I would be happy to take a risk with her.

Vote: SourCandy

I question how much intel a lynch provides when 6 people vote with no real discussion. What exactly seems scummy to you about Sourcandy in this game?

Scum score: 4.5/10

I'm going to vote: CrackFox until I get a response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom