• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pearlshipping General Discussion

Sorry, I meant for a long haul of the season however, it's only hopes as I'm sure by looking at the opening that while she'll be involved in the season (much like Gary in DP), she won't be in a lot of episodes...

Uh, most people already know she'll be leaving after the Junior tournament. The opening shows the BW trio isn't changing, Dawn's not rejoining the cast and there is no reason to think she'll linger in Unova either. I don't know why you're bringing up Gary either, when the guy only appeared in 3 DP episodes out of the entire span.

Most likely after Dawn leaves again it'll be her final appearance in the show, if past characters are any indication. I am sure Pearlshippers will enjoy the time she sticks around for.

Like I said, I'm already aware of that... the trio isn't changing. I mentioned Gary because he had a few small cameos in DP that usually were to slightly further plot however Dawn isn't really doing that right now, she's just there...

Man, I forgot how annoyed I got with your attitude although I was happy to see you reply on here although I can never understand why you'd be on a pearlshipping thread when you don't really care for Dawn...

Like I said, I'm already aware of that... the trio isn't changing. I mentioned Gary because he had a few small cameos in DP that usually were to slightly further plot however Dawn isn't really doing that right now, she's just there...

You do realize Dawn's main reason to return is to compete in the Junior tournament? The only reasons she's "just there," is because she's getting to stay for random filler episodes prior to the main event. Unlike Misty's "Hi and then bye" cameo's back in AG, the writers are giving Dawn some extra episodes because of Piplup's popularity in Japan.

Man, I forgot how annoyed I got with your attitude although I was happy to see you reply on here although I can never understand why you'd be on a pearlshipping thread when you don't really care for Dawn...

I don't mind Pearlshipping, which is why I'm on this thread.

I am curious as to what you actually expect to happen though.

Like I said, I'm already aware of all those things.... I HAD hoped that she would stay for awhile... Now, if Team Plasma and Rocket-dan come into the story and actually affects her story in the same way that N affected the girl in the manga to Dawn, that'd be amazing to the story (not exactly the same but you know...)... which kept her Unova for whatever reason, travelling away from everyone, I'd think it would be awesome...

However, that being said, it's only me talking about my hopes, nothing more... I'm not trying to say that would happen nor am I saying that was everyone is thinking is wrong. I'm simply saying what would be cool in my opinion...

Sorry about judging you for coming to pearlshipping thread....

Anyone is allowed to post in any thread as long as they are contributing to the topic. That being said, get back on topic to Pearlshipping, please~ If you want to discuss Dawn's role in the anime without shipping, we have this thread in the anime section, among others. Thank you.

Sorry, I meant for a long haul of the season however, it's only hopes as I'm sure by looking at the opening that while she'll be involved in the season (much like Gary in DP), she won't be in a lot of episodes...

Uh, most people already know she'll be leaving after the Junior tournament. The opening shows the BW trio isn't changing, Dawn's not rejoining the cast and there is no reason to think she'll linger in Unova either. I don't know why you're bringing up Gary either, when the guy only appeared in 3 DP episodes out of the entire span.

Most likely after Dawn leaves again it'll be her final appearance in the show, if past characters are any indication. I am sure Pearlshippers will enjoy the time she sticks around for.

Easy Scott easy, its called an opinion. People can think what they want like you can, I myself am hopping Dawn at least stays till they meet his home town cuz she wanted to see it last time but yah know. They at least have been giving out little Pearlshipping moments here and there, I loved how Ash was more concerned about Dawn than Iris ^
Not agianst Negishipping but I've loved Pearlshipping ever since D/P series and am loving it even more now than ever.

Well, I'm already glad that Dawn will stay for more than 3 eps, the cup probably won't be wrapped up with just the next ep. However, this shouldn't keep us from kicking up topics.

Do you think when Dawns around Iris she's a bit too much of tease to Ash?

I just think it's cute that she sometimes tops Iris statements. If you ask me Dawn is just the girl that would act like this if she likes a boy.

After the Junior cup Dawn wants to stay... "Hey Ash, I'd like to see more of Unova Pokemon therefore I join you to the league." How would everyone react?

Dent: This has an interesting taste. Many trainer in Unova would love to get introduced to the style of a Coordinator...
Iris: Awsome. This will be so much fun.
Ash: Really? It will be great to travel with you again.

Have a nice day
deadman

Last edited:
Alright, I got some news from the synopsis of the last episode Hikari and Pochama will be in as a cameo character for now. Since Tomioka's writing this, it's possible that this kind of goodbye is going to hopefully be unpredictable :). soooo.... Here it is:
"And thus, a battle that can be said to represent the fruits of the journeys of two who know each other like the back of their own hand unfolds, and...!?"
ps. does anyone know how to do spoiler tags? bmgf does it differently that serebii =_=

If Dawn joins Ash in the Unova League Arc, then their relationship will grow even stronger. If she were to tease Ashy, then she got to have feelings for him. To tell you the truth, I started to like Dawn better than Iris.

Hi! I would like to join the discussion.

I'll just answer some the first topic questions.

Why do you like pearlshipping?

I ship Ash and Dawn together because I love the bond and strong friendship they have. They look so cute together as well, the fourth episode of DP instantly got me to like Dawn along with Pearlshipping.

Who would you rather have jealous, Dawn or Ash?

I rather see a jealous Dawn since Ash is always dense when it comes to liking someone.

I really love this shipping! One of my firsts!

Why do you like pearlshipping?

Why you asked? It because first of all, Dawn winks at Ash a lot showing that she really like him. Second, unlike most of the other girls, Dawn asked him to join him on the journey in the straightforward manner. I like Dawn because she's so forward.

Who would you rather have jealous, Dawn or Ash?

Well. I like to see a jealous Dawn because Ash is kind of innocent with the other girls like him that Dawn going to take on those who makes the move on him.

Ehh its over but the ship will still live on. The scene on the docks could have been a good pearlship moment with ash looking at the plane then kotetsu had to butt in.

Originally posted to my tumblr but then I thought I could come say it here and liven things up a bit

so I just noticed while rewatching the last junior cup episode

Dawn only says “I’m going to a tournament in Johto”, she doesn’t say what one. Ash is the one who’s like “Oh, the Wallace Cup!”

How does Ash know?

Ash didn’t even know when the Unova League was until the Nurse Joy told him, so how does he know what Contests are going on in freaking Johto?!

Either he and Dawn were talking about it before then (which would explain why, unlike Iris, he didn’t seem that surprised Dawn was leaving) or he’s been keeping track of coordinator stuff on his own.

What if he’s been watching her contests on TV?!

Originally posted to my tumblr but then I thought I could come say it here and liven things up a bit

Dawn only says “I’m going to a tournament in Johto”, she doesn’t say what one. Ash is the one who’s like “Oh, the Wallace Cup!”

How does Ash know?

Ash didn’t even know when the Unova League was until the Nurse Joy told him, so how does he know what Contests are going on in freaking Johto?!

Either he and Dawn were talking about it before then (which would explain why, unlike Iris, he didn’t seem that surprised Dawn was leaving) or he’s been keeping track of coordinator stuff on his own.

That's an interesting approach but I would rather think Ash is somewhat keeping track of contest things (because Dawn is coordinator) since I think if they had spoken before she arrived in Unova he would probably have known she was coming but then again Dawn may have wanted to surprise him. However, I can't think that Ash would keep track of anything, especially if it doesn't directly involve him. Veeeery mysterious indeed...
It either is just one of the random things that sometimes happen in Pokémon or, which I would prefer but somehow can't believe, the writers do build up to PearlShipping...

How does Ash know?

Before I jump to this quote, I'm quite interested in the big news that's going to be shared from Japan to the rest of the world tomorrow. I wonder how it will affect how we interact on the forums and what new ideas come about. I'm a huge imaginator so I think I can come up with some topics to share with pearlshipping.
As for the quote, he must have been talking to her while being on the BW journey. Unless he heard from the news that there's a huge contest being held in Johto that it came to his mind when Hikari mentioned it. If he did talk to her while being separate, he must be wanting to check up on her to see how everything's going. When he analyzed one of the battle moves Hikari pulled off in the battle against Dento, he somehow has a memory stored with all her strategies and can quickly recognize that one of them has improved. Dear Tomioka who has written that episode, I'm thankful for the development you place with Hikari and Satoshi.

There are other places on the forums to discuss the announcement. Please stick to Pearlshipping in this thread, thanks~

Why do I like pearlshipping?I don't like it, I love it!!Ash and dawn are so cute together. I've been watching the series since forever and I haven't noticed anything like this with the other ships. Also, there are more hints here than any of the others.
PEARLSHIPPING FOREVER <3<3<3 das.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I found it on google...I don't know the source....I'll take care next time

Back
Top Bottom