• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Moves/Abilities

Bug-type version of Stealth Rock that summons bees to the field who sting opponents.

Unlike Stealth Rock, only Shiftry, Cacturne, Exeggutor, and Celebi are 4X effected by it, so it doesn't seem like it'd be as broken.
I like that and could see it being a new move for Beedrill or Vespiquen. I mean, Vespiquen has Attack Order, this could be called--oh, I don't know--Summon Order or something like that.

But yeah, that's a really cool idea.

I really don't want to see any more entry hazards introduced, unless they put some kind of limit on how many different ones you can put on the field (ideally 1). In fact, one of the easiest ways to nerf Stealth Rock would be to make it completely incompatible with other entry hazards.

I really don't want to see any more entry hazards introduced, unless they put some kind of limit on how many different ones you can put on the field (ideally 1). In fact, one of the easiest ways to nerf Stealth Rock would be to make it completely incompatible with other entry hazards.

This. Stealth Rock needs to be altered, imo.

Wwhat about a double typed move?

I sincerely hope GameFreak will not be introducing double type moves. That will just complicated things much more than necessary.
They complicated types,in my opinion,if Gamefreak will ever add tpes

...I'm sorry, but I did not understand a word you just said.
if gamefreak adds types,pokemon will be more complicated :(

I don't think it would be too complicated if they added another type, however, adding more types isn't necessary, and I hope GameFreak will not be adding any new types in the future. I believe we have enough now.

I don't think it would be too complicated if they added another type, however, adding more types isn't necessary, and I hope GameFreak will not be adding any new types in the future. I believe we have enough now.

It's not a matter of necessity in my opinion. Thematically, there are some things Game Freak cannot do properly without adding another type, i.e. synthetic angels and "holy" beings. And yes, I am referring to the Light type. Sound type is ridiculous and can be simulated with no ill effect by steel, psychic, and normal.

It's not a matter of necessity in my opinion. Thematically, there are some things Game Freak cannot do properly without adding another type, i.e. synthetic angels and "holy" beings. And yes, I am referring to the Light type. Sound type is ridiculous and can be simulated with no ill effect by steel, psychic, and normal.

I'm sure GameFreak can work their way around that. They managed to create the Pokemon 'God' without the need to make a new type. Not to mention Pokemon that rule over Time and space itself, without needing to add new types. Whatever ideas GameFreak has for Pokemon, I'm sure they can find an appropriate enough type for it.

I'm sure GameFreak can work their way around that. They managed to create the Pokemon 'God' without the need to make a new type. Not to mention Pokemon that rule over Time and space itself, without needing to add new types. Whatever ideas GameFreak has for Pokemon, I'm sure they can find an appropriate enough type for it.

The Gen IV mascots are a very interesting case. What types could represent time and space? Certainly this would have been a great time to introduce a new type such as the Mystic/Fairy/Fae/Magic/Celestial/Aether type people have been talking about. Dialga's and Palkia's types can be a bit difficult to justify at a first glance. It seems Dragon was chosen because of the type's association with myths and legends. Their other types seem to have been chosen not because of what they are based off but instead of the games they are obtained in. Dialga's Steel-typing alluding to the hardness of diamonds and Palkia's Water-typing referring to the locality of pearls. Typing a Pokemon can be significant, inconsequential, or anything in between I guess..

The Gen IV mascots are a very interesting case. What types could represent time and space? Certainly this would have been a great time to introduce a new type such as the Mystic/Fairy/Fae/Magic/Celestial/Aether type people have been talking about. Dialga's and Palkia's types can be a bit difficult to justify at a first glance. It seems Dragon was chosen because of the type's association with myths and legends. Their other types seem to have been chosen not because of what they are based off but instead of the games they are obtained in. Dialga's Steel-typing alluding to the hardness of diamonds and Palkia's Water-typing referring to the locality of pearls. Typing a Pokemon can be significant, inconsequential, or anything in between I guess..

The way I see it, Dialga and Palkia are there types because they are just Pokemon with those Physical attributes that just happened to have control over Time and Space. If they were able to give Pokemon with those kinds of powers the same types, then I really do not see any new types being introduced.

I dunno if this has been mentioned in the 11 previous pages, but ever since 2009 I've been dying for the following ability <3

Denial
>In game description: All damaging moves' effects stop working.
>Actual description: All moves' effects will not activate, provided the move is either physical or special ('other' moves are unaffected). Ice Punch will not freeze, Night Slash has a regular Critical Hit ratio, Quick Attack does not have priority, Sacred Fire does not defrost and can't burn, Thunder can miss in the rain, etc. You get the idea. Basically, all moves become elemental Tackles with different base power :3 tl;dr, it's an ability that's supposed to remove the 'hax' factor of the game to a certain extent (can't control misses and crits).

Last edited:
Soul Snatch (Cicada's Grudge) - If this Pokemon is knocked out by an attack, the opposing Pokemon loses PP from all moves (the amount lost is equal to the total PP of the move, minus the difference in level between the two Pokemon. i.e, if Shedinja is at an equal or higher level all PP is lost) Additionally, a Pokemon with this ability can gain experience while fainted, and will be revived automatically at the end of the battle if you win and Soul Snatch triggers.
As if Shedinja wasn't already a high-risk, high reward Pokemon, this alternate ability turns his playstyle on its head, sacrificing the ability to take any kind of hit in order to completely cripple a single opponent. The level-difference formula is there so you can't neutralise the champion's ace Pokemon with your level 20 Shedinja :p

Last edited:
With all this Eevee hype, it would be cool if they would introduce a move exclusive to the Eeveelutions, similar to Judgement in that it takes on the type of whichever one is using it. That could be... interesting. Or stupid. Idk.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom