• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

While they don't have as much legal right to their content as that implies due to being a derivative work (and screenshots are owned only by whoever made the original work, not who took them), we do respect other site's wishes. If you want to use PocketMonsters.net's images or content you're going to have to specifically ask them.
Not what I meant. I have the video. I can make screenshots myself in the remaster's native 720p resolution.
I can also confirm all of the animation changes that can only be seen in video form, like a more rapid flicker when Pikachu shocks people. So, back to my question... Screenshots: Yea or Nay?
There's no problem if you take the screenshots yourself.

Last edited:
I'm sorry if this is in any way inappropriate, but I noticed an inconsistency that I must point out.

According to the discussion on the Charizard page and Bulbasaur's, the policy is not to call a gender of a poke in the anime unless it is directly said. (I also assume by proxy in the case of relationships and Attract) I do not recall if the Gloom Bulbasaur was attracted to was female, and apparently, I cannot address the elephant in the room that is Charizard. Totodile, however, is perfectly fine with being called male for having an attraction to what is called a confirmed female pokemon. So are other pokemon. I'm sorry, but I cannot accept this hypocrisy. I know you don't want to start a big controversy, but either apply it to everything or reevaluate your policy. I will point out that Charla on her page is called female. I will accept that Bulba is perhaps unconfirmed due to the Gloom it was being attracted to does not have a stated gender. (same for Sceptile and Meganium) I will also mark that most of the gender controversy is old, the most recent being in 2010. (at least that I saw, if there was a more recent one or if it occurred in this forum sooner, I am unaware) My point is that there is no reason to deny the gender given the way Totodile is treated, unless you wish to alter that. I know of no other gender issues, but if I find them, I will point them out. I'm pretty sure that most of the companions' pokes are suitably ambiguous.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is just my computer, or Ninjask's Pokemon Emerald normal sprite was too big?

ninjask.jpg

Last edited:
Okay, two things,

I was considering redirecting 'Paradise' to the Pokémon Paradise article, since most of the NPCs in-game just refer to it as Paradise. I'd normally go ahead with this sort of thing, but I'm guessing that this is one of those redirects where I would have to inquire first? In fact, I don't believe anyone in-game has specifically referred to it as 'Pokémon Paradise', it's always just been 'Paradise' if I'm correct.

Second, the facilities that can be built in Paradise are being referred to simply as 'shops' on the wiki. But in-game, they are always called facilities. Shouldn't the wiki be calling them that too?

I'm sorry if this is in any way inappropriate, but I noticed an inconsistency that I must point out.

According to the discussion on the Charizard page and Bulbasaur's, the policy is not to call a gender of a poke in the anime unless it is directly said. (I also assume by proxy in the case of relationships and Attract) I do not recall if the Gloom Bulbasaur was attracted to was female, and apparently, I cannot address the elephant in the room that is Charizard. Totodile, however, is perfectly fine with being called male for having an attraction to what is called a confirmed female pokemon. So are other pokemon. I'm sorry, but I cannot accept this hypocrisy. I know you don't want to start a big controversy, but either apply it to everything or reevaluate your policy. I will point out that Charla on her page is called female. I will accept that Bulba is perhaps unconfirmed due to the Gloom it was being attracted to does not have a stated gender. (same for Sceptile and Meganium) I will also mark that most of the gender controversy is old, the most recent being in 2010. (at least that I saw, if there was a more recent one or if it occurred in this forum sooner, I am unaware) My point is that there is no reason to deny the gender given the way Totodile is treated, unless you wish to alter that. I know of no other gender issues, but if I find them, I will point them out. I'm pretty sure that most of the companions' pokes are suitably ambiguous.
IMO, Charizard should be considered male due to Charla, but it's not really my call. However, you are correct that either Charizard should be considered male, Totodile should be considered unconfirmed gender, or Charla should be considered unconfirmed gender.

Last edited:
It is just my computer, or Ninjask's Pokemon Emerald normal sprite was too big?

View attachment 86364

The image was updated recently. Try clearing your cache and seeing if it still occurs.

Okay, two things,

I was considering redirecting 'Paradise' to the Pokémon Paradise article, since most of the NPCs in-game just refer to it as Paradise. I'd normally go ahead with this sort of thing, but I'm guessing that this is one of those redirects where I would have to inquire first? In fact, I don't believe anyone in-game has specifically referred to it as 'Pokémon Paradise', it's always just been 'Paradise' if I'm correct.

Second, the facilities that can be built in Paradise are being referred to simply as 'shops' on the wiki. But in-game, they are always called facilities. Shouldn't the wiki be calling them that too?
I don't have the game, but both suggestions sound fine. Nothing else seems to be easily confused with paradise so a redirect is fine; we should be using in-game terminology.

Um, hate to point it out, but while I was quoted, I don't see an actual response.
Yeah, I think I was tired then and submitted without realizing I had only replied to one of the 3 posts.

Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea thread

To: George Hutcheon

Hi, my name is Sheldon and I have been an avid fan of your column entitled On the Origin of Species, or at least I was until you stopped writing them. The last one I read was "Venipede, Whirlipede and Scolipede".

Throughout each exciting article I have learned a lot not just about the origins of Pokémon, but also about many real life animals, plants and customs from around the world.

With over 400 Pokémon and counting, it sure would be a shame to let this exciting and informative article die out and drift away like a Drifloon on the wind. And so, we come to the purpose of my letter. I, and all my friends, sure would appreciate it if you were to bring back this well written column and continue to delight and educate young and old people alike (and even those in between)!

Please, PLEASE bring back On the Origins of Species and amaze us all once more!

Yours in Pokémon Fandom,

Sheldon

Hi, my name is Sheldon and I have been an avid fan of your column entitled On the Origin of Species, or at least I was until you stopped writing them. The last one I read was "Venipede, Whirlipede and Scolipede".

Throughout each exciting article I have learned a lot not just about the origins of Pokémon, but also about many real life animals, plants and customs from around the world.

With over 400 Pokémon and counting, it sure would be a shame to let this exciting and informative article die out and drift away like a Drifloon on the wind. And so, we come to the purpose of my letter. I, and all my friends, sure would appreciate it if you were to bring back this well written column and continue to delight and educate young and old people alike (and even those in between)!

Yours in Pokémon Fandom,

Sheldon

This is the thread for Bulbapedia suggestions and problems, you want the Bulbanews suggestions and problems thread.

Yours in Pokémon Fandom,

Sheldon

This is the thread for Bulbapedia suggestions and problems, you want the Bulbanews suggestions and problems thread.

Oh, my bad. Thank you!

There is one problem I have with Bulbapedia, and I want to state it.

Whenever someone replies to an old post on the talk pages, it gets removed.

I honestly don't know why it's such a big deal. As long as what the person is saying is relevant to the topic on hand, that's all what should matter, right?

The rule is that you shouldn't reply to a discussion that is over 6 months old as the discussion may have been resolved already. Even if it hasn't, you should create a new section.

This is the place to ask questions about Bulbapedia, right? If not I'm terribly sorry.
Regarding images: I've made some (very amateur) maps of Ash's early journeys. The last time I uploaded one of these on the Archives, it went unused and it was eventually deleted. So if I upload them to my WordPress blog instead, could I add them on my userpage for anyone interested? (Is this even possible?)
Much obliged.

This is the place to ask questions about Bulbapedia, right? If not I'm terribly sorry.
Regarding images: I've made some (very amateur) maps of Ash's early journeys. The last time I uploaded one of these on the Archives, it went unused and it was eventually deleted. So if I upload them to my WordPress blog instead, could I add them on my userpage for anyone interested? (Is this even possible?)
Much obliged.

Yeah, it's perfectly fine to use external personal images in your userspace. All uploads to the Archives must be for use on Bulbapedia or Bulbanews; your image would have been deleted because it was a personal image.

I noticed that Magic Coat's page says that Teeter Dance is reflected as of generation 5, but Teeter Dance says it's not reflected by Magic Coat. Someone should test it and fix the page that is wrong.

Back
Top Bottom