• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Tretta Lab announced for Nintendo 3DS in Japan: Will be released Aug. 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Pokémon Tretta Lab announced for Nintendo 3DS in Japan: Will be released Aug. 10

Pokémon Tretta Lab has been announced for the Nintendo 3DS for Japan. It will be released Aug. 10.

Read more on Bulbanews

I hope that this game is released internationally because Pokémon Battrio and Tretta arcade machines have never been released outside Japan.

A lot of Pokemon stuff from Japan never gets released outside of it, such as the arcade games (I've seen a Gen IV based arcade in Taiwan though...). Some of it I really would love to see on shelves or at least have it in the Nintendo World.

----------------------
I would love to go on a shopping spree in Japan and get ALL THE [LUGIA] FIGURES AND PLUSHES.

Remember the stuff about needing to localize more nintendo. This is a good example PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE

I believe that the main reason Tretta (and Battrio before it) never came outside of Japan (and probably never will) is not because of a target audience of 6 to 10 year olds, but more rather because there is no more market for arcade games in the west. This is partly due to home consoles such as the Wii, PS3 and Xbox 360 (and their online services), as well as other online gaming services on the PC such as Steam being far too dominant that you don't even need to leave home and drive several miles to an arcade to play a game anymore, you can just buy it at the store or online, take it home, and you're done, all that's left is to just play the game.

The closest you're ever going to get to Pokemon Tretta in the west is Skylanders, which isn't a Pokemon game, has completely different game-play aspects, and is on home consoles, but it does rely on physical objects (in this case, figurines as opposed to pucks), so it's at least close. If Tretta was retooled to be on consoles to make it more Skylanders-esque, it would probably have a market in the west, but for now, we shouldn't keep your hopes up on Tretta and anything related to it coming to the west, and instead keep our hopes up for the coming 6th Generation.

I hope that this game is released internationally because Pokémon Battrio and Tretta arcade machines have never been released outside Japan.

A lot of Pokemon stuff from Japan never gets released outside of it, such as the arcade games (I've seen a Gen IV based arcade in Taiwan though...). Some of it I really would love to see on shelves or at least have it in the Nintendo World.

----------------------
I would love to go on a shopping spree in Japan and get ALL THE [LUGIA] FIGURES AND PLUSHES.

I know right, when I go to the stores here in Ohio, they sell only figurines of the Anime, the cards, and the games, that's it really, and what plush dolls they have are all of the current Gen's starters and other Pokemon nobody really cares about. I had to buy my Mienshao keychain plush off of Amazon because of it.

The closest you're ever going to get to Pokemon Tretta in the west is Skylanders, which isn't a Pokemon game, has completely different game-play aspects, and is on home consoles, but it does rely on physical objects (in this case, figurines as opposed to pucks), so it's at least close. If Tretta was retooled to be on consoles to make it more Skylanders-esque, it would probably have a market in the west, but for now, we shouldn't keep your hopes up on Tretta and anything related to it coming to the west, and instead keep our hopes up for the coming 6th Generation.

Pokemon Rumble U does this as well, so that's even less reason for it to be localized.

I doubt this will get localized, but you'll never know. Besides, this can give us a taste of what Pokemon Tretta is like, so that's pretty neat, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom