• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Global Trade Station Conversational Thread (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Trade Center Conversational Thread

What is wrong with most people in GTS trades? (negotiations mostly, regular GTS is hardly even worth mentioning it's so broken i.e. "I want a level 4 blastoise for this").
Here are the typical traders I come across:

1. I somehow have 50000 shinys and hope that you will somehow have the ONE I need/want
2. I will like everything you put up for trade but only have watchogs 9or something equally common/useless) to trade in return
3. I have every legendary imaginable and will show every one to you but will accept absolutely nothing for them
4. I'll wait and offer nothing and turn down every single thing you put up

This encompasses a good 95% or so of people I come across.
#1. You have to be cheating or are chained in a basement somewhere with gruel and only pokemon games to sustain you. It's even more strange/pathetic when these people have only like 5 or even 0 past trades logged
#2. this one I can kinda understand, You are new to trade network and are trying to feel it out maybe even set up some sort of breeding system for these nothing pokemon. But mostly These people have several trades under their belt and don't even offer version exclusives or rarer ones (like eevee or zoura or something)
#3. These ones are just teases, without any sort of good communication system are they even getting some sort of perverse pleasure? They seem to get their hands on everything anyways why are they even in the trade system?
#4. These people just waste everyone time and shouldn't be using this system. Is there such things as trade bot systems that are faulty and constantly go around wasting time?

There are only a few diamonds in the overflow of rough in this system, I try to be one when I can. I have every single pokemon in the New Unova dex and more, If I see someone offering a Rufflet or something I'll offer a vullaby, or is I see someone proposing a kerrablast I'll trade them a shelmet or accelgor then trade back.

As a sidenote, one of the few shinys I've gotten my hands on is a Liepard. No one EVER wants it, Is there something fundamentally wrong with a Shiny Liepard? Do they destroy games or are they handed out by someone in game that makes them un-rare?

Oh hell no. I'm good with one system thank you. They're expensive after all. And when one's working, why get another? :T

And I'm okay with tasks like that in games like Harvest Moon (with watering crops) for example as long as I take breaks. xD

I dunno about you, but I plan to get a second one eventually, I need to be able to trade with myself :B

What is wrong with most people in GTS trades? (negotiations mostly, regular GTS is hardly even worth mentioning it's so broken i.e. "I want a level 4 blastoise for this").

1. I somehow have 50000 shinys and hope that you will somehow have the ONE I need/want
2. I will like everything you put up for trade but only have watchogs 9or something equally common/useless) to trade in return
3. I have every legendary imaginable and will show every one to you but will accept absolutely nothing for them

#1. You have to be cheating or are chained in a basement somewhere with gruel and only pokemon games to sustain you. It's even more strange/pathetic when these people have only like 5 or even 0 past trades logged
#2. this one I can kinda understand, You are new to trade network and are trying to feel it out maybe even set up some sort of breeding system for these nothing pokemon. But mostly These people have several trades under their belt and don't even offer version exclusives or rarer ones (like eevee or zoura or something)
#3. These ones are just teases, without any sort of good communication system are they even getting some sort of perverse pleasure? They seem to get their hands on everything anyways why are they even in the trade system?
#4. These people just waste everyone time and shouldn't be using this system. Is there such things as trade bot systems that are faulty and constantly go around wasting time?

There are only a few diamonds in the overflow of rough in this system, I try to be one when I can. I have every single pokemon in the New Unova dex and more, If I see someone offering a Rufflet or something I'll offer a vullaby, or is I see someone proposing a kerrablast I'll trade them a shelmet or accelgor then trade back.

As a sidenote, one of the few shinys I've gotten my hands on is a Liepard. No one EVER wants it, Is there something fundamentally wrong with a Shiny Liepard? Do they destroy games or are they handed out by someone in game that makes them un-rare?

The people on the GTS are very unreasonable majority of the time yeah. That's why I only trade on forums (like this one). It's frustrating, but there's not really much anyone can do about it. A possibility is that the people that have seen your Liepard simply don't like the color scheme or just don't want a Liepard, shiny or not. Also they aren't incredibly rare due to RNG Abuse which allows shiny Pokemon every single time if done correctly. RNG Abuse allows you to predict when the algorithm within the game will produce a shiny. In addition, there is no person handing them out ingame.

What do I need on my bulba forum profile to trade?
friend code?

Well you'll need wifi, and a friend code to be able to trade. Since when trading users need to exchange friendcodes to see each other in the Wifi room. And usually you get the pal pad (which contains your friendcode) in the Pokemon Center. :3

Did this help?

Yes it does! Thanks!

Sadly, I'm a person with almost all of the legendaries or rares that you can breed. (I.E. Rotom, Volcarona, Porygon, Three starter pokemon, Eevee, Plusle, Minun, The list goes on) And I can't get a better pokemon with GTS mostly because there too EASY to breed. They need to make something that's like 10 % chance of an egg every 255 steps.
And the more people breed them, the more the value plummets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Global Trade Station Conversational Thread

May be wrongly posted, but has anyone noticed that no one is willing to do simple pre-game trades that don't involve post-game pokemon or legendaries. I am just trying to trade my darumaka for another pokemon -- any pokemon, and no one will take it. What happened to the idea of just friendly trades of normal bog-standard pokemon. It is actually quite sad.

Sadly, I'm a person with almost all of the legendaries or rares that you can breed. (I.E. Rotom, Volcarona, Porygon, Three starter pokemon, Eevee, Plusle, Minun, The list goes on) And I can't get a better pokemon with GTS mostly because there too EASY to breed. They need to make something that's like 10 % chance of an egg every 255 steps.

That is something I would not support, that'd just make it too difficult for people to breed Pokemon, especially for people who play competitively. In addition, the whole point for some people who breed is to distribute that Pokemon to people who cannot obtain the Pokemon themselves. Making it harder to get an egg only makes it harder on them. Also I don't want to come across as blunt, but normal legendaries and the aforemetioned Pokemon are not considered rare by any means. Many people nowadays are looking for flawless Pokemon, shinies, events, and what not because that is what people value.

May be wrongly posted, but has anyone noticed that no one is willing to do simple pre-game trades that don't involve post-game pokemon or legendaries. I am just trying to trade my darumaka for another pokemon -- any pokemon, and no one will take it. What happened to the idea of just friendly trades of normal bog-standard pokemon. It is actually quite sad.

There are still people who do that, but it's mostly for dex completion and what not. The thing is, a lot of people who trade online are collectors of certain things. I do have one tip for you though, try to trade something other people cannot obtain as easily. Darumakas are easily caught in BW and B2W2 so that is one thing.

Last edited:

So what you are saying is you're my #3? When you have that much unobtainable stuff you can't expect someone to have the 1% you don't have. If you have 48 of the 49 legendaries you can't just expect random trades from anyone to have that one unobtainable legandary. Like I said YOU are the one wasting peoples time, and just generally being a tease.

You may also mean you are a mix between #1 and #3. Where only shineys catch your attention and or you already have 1000 of them. In that case YOU are again in the vast minority. If you have that many shineys/legendaries you are either cheating/exploting (in that case just cheat some more to get the pokemon you want) or you waste a whole lot of time normal people don't have and again are just going around wasting peoples time with your impossible expectations.

Any time someone does these random trades they hold out random hope that someone has what they want and will take something they have. But when it gets to the point you describe you are on the side of the fence that makes GTS worthless. For awhile I went in expecting to find version exclusives now I'm just tring to complete my national dex. The national dex has A LOT of pokemon I need and many of them are not unreasonable (i.e. an ekans, a tauros an aipom etc) but when you want that one impossible Shiny Cressielia or something you need to just stop what you are doing and realize how useless your endeavor is and how much you are wasting ecveryones time. If you want something like that I would hope you have the smarts just to do private trades.

But what happened to trading NORMAL pokemon. It is always I have 400 shinies, I have all the legendaries, or I have an unreleased pokemon. As much as I was a fan of using my friends action replay all those years ago occasionally, I NEVER traded. I never put non-legit stuff online. I dont use any form of cheat any more, it is much more challenging now I know the understanding of the game. If I want to offer a Darumaka, why cant someone offer a similar regular pokemon back, instead of spamming the :confused: button just 'cause it isnt a level 100 shiny zekrom?

But what happened to trading NORMAL pokemon. It is always I have 400 shinies, I have all the legendaries, or I have an unreleased pokemon. As much as I was a fan of using my friends action replay all those years ago occasionally, I NEVER traded. I never put non-legit stuff online. I dont use any form of cheat any more, it is much more challenging now I know the understanding of the game. If I want to offer a Darumaka, why cant someone offer a similar regular pokemon back, instead of spamming the :confused: button just 'cause it isnt a level 100 shiny zekrom?

I understand what you mean, that does seem to be one aspect of trading that has gone the way of the Dodo. I myself have no interest in getting a pokemon in a trade I can walk around on a route for 2 minutes and find 40 of them and sadly you are also in a minority for that.

I wish there was a better communication system for trading, that seems to be one of the biggest technical shortcoming of this new system. The only way to communicate with words is that little blurb you see for a moment when a trading partner is selected and even that is insanely limited with so many useless phrases programmed in. Lke how could they possibly leave out the word shiny or the phrase No ________ that can be substituted with shiny or legendary, or Gen V.

It would be nice to have an advanced trading system through DW

So what you are saying is you're my #3? When you have that much unobtainable stuff you can't expect someone to have the 1% you don't have. If you have 48 of the 49 legendaries you can't just expect random trades from anyone to have that one unobtainable legandary. Like I said YOU are the one wasting peoples time, and just generally being a tease.

You may also mean you are a mix between #1 and #3. Where only shineys catch your attention and or you already have 1000 of them. In that case YOU are again in the vast minority. If you have that many shineys/legendaries you are either cheating/exploting (in that case just cheat some more to get the pokemon you want) or you waste a whole lot of time normal people don't have and again are just going around wasting peoples time with your impossible expectations.

Any time someone does these random trades they hold out random hope that someone has what they want and will take something they have. But when it gets to the point you describe you are on the side of the fence that makes GTS worthless. For awhile I went in expecting to find version exclusives now I'm just tring to complete my national dex. The national dex has A LOT of pokemon I need and many of them are not unreasonable (i.e. an ekans, a tauros an aipom etc) but when you want that one impossible Shiny Cressielia or something you need to just stop what you are doing and realize how useless your endeavor is and how much you are wasting ecveryones time. If you want something like that I would hope you have the smarts just to do private trades.

I'm just trying to collect all of the Pokemon like anyone else. I only have 3 shinies. Sorry for the comment, I didn't mean it that way. But thanks for pointing that out! I like shinies more than anyone, But I probably am a #3. But I'm not some much of a #1, I think. I just like Pokemon a lot.
But the weird thing is, I used memory link, and I caught N's Purrloin. (Not saying that I didn't know that would happen)

I'm just trying to collect all of the Pokemon like anyone else. I only have 3 shinies. Sorry for the comment, I didn't mean it that way. But thanks for pointing that out! I like shinies more than anyone, But I probably am a #3. But I'm not some much of a #1, I think. I just like Pokemon a lot.
But the weird thing is, I used memory link, and I caught N's Purrloin. (Not saying that I didn't know that would happen)

Sorry if I came off a little antagonistic, the trading system just is very frustrating both technically and socially, so far it just barely seems to work at all for me

I've never been a fan of the trading system, trading on forums and with friends is a lot more rewarding and reliable in my opinion. Something I really find annoying about GTS Negotiations is that there's no way to distinguish between Pokémon with DW abilities and regular Pokémon. I could show a Drought Vulpix on there and it would look the same as a normal one.

Hmm... It would be nice to have a system like Blaze White, Volt Black (Wrong way?), where you can catch any pokemon in the game, but it is more of a challenge. It would possibly fix the types of trades.

Oh hell no. I'm good with one system thank you. They're expensive after all. And when one's working, why get another? :T

And I'm okay with tasks like that in games like Harvest Moon (with watering crops) for example as long as I take breaks. xD

I dunno about you, but I plan to get a second one eventually, I need to be able to trade with myself :B

Haha gonna get both X and Y then? I'm only getting X myself, and my friend's getting Y. Though for version exclusives I'll use the trade center ofc. P:

I'd rage quit forevas if that happened. :p Though breeding is a challenging enough already! Especially if you breed for IVs and eggmoves like I do.

Sorry if I came off a little antagonistic, the trading system just is very frustrating both technically and socially, so far it just barely seems to work at all for me

I can understand that myself, that's why I stick to the forums. So you should stick around with me here too. ;3c

Hmm... It would be nice to have a system like Blaze White, Volt Black (Wrong way?), where you can catch any pokemon in the game, but it is more of a challenge. It would possibly fix the types of trades.

Then there's no much trading to be done! D:

Haha gonna get both X and Y then? I'm only getting X myself, and my friend's getting Y. Though for version exclusives I'll use the trade center ofc. P:

I will if I get the money, but for now I'll stick to one. Though I have yet to decide on which one.

Then there's no much trading to be done! D:

Well people would still want to trade for event Pokemon, shinies, etc etc. At least I hope so; it would drive an event collector like me out of business if there was no trade D:

I will if I get the money, but for now I'll stick to one. Though I have yet to decide on which one.

Oh really? I did when I reserved my copy back in January. xD I went with X mainly because I loved Xerneas' design.

Well people would still want to trade for event Pokemon, shinies, etc etc. At least I hope so; it would drive an event collector like me out of business if there was no trade D:

Pfft I don't battle, just collect as well. So I'd definitely die from boredom after finishing the game. ;3;

Pfft I don't battle, just collect as well. So I'd definitely die from boredom after finishing the game. ;3;

I usually try to finish the game as fast as I can so I can complete the National Pokedex and then start collecting Pokemon.

I was never one to try and complete the Pokedex. Hell even White 2 didn't motivate me. I just liked breeding teams, training them, and doing post game content. Like the Battle Frontier in Platinum, cause I utterly adored it. :>

I hated the Battle Frontier, mostly 'cuz I really suck at battling haha.

I'm pretty bad too and I breed Pokemon for competitive use, and even EV train. But these mons are more like my own shiny trophies. xD;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom