• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things in Pokemon that don't make sense

Maybe someone said this, but TMs. How the fuck do they even work?

I don't think they even EXIST in the Pokemon Anime. And I seen in some fanfiction there's a DVD player that "plays" these TM's and you have the Pokemon you want stick its head in it or something.

I don't think they even EXIST in the Pokemon Anime. And I seen in some fanfiction there's a DVD player that "plays" these TM's and you have the Pokemon you want stick its head in it or something.

Yeah, I think the concept of TMs where sort of like a cross between a instructional DVD and a "Training" apparatus to serve as a Portable Move Tutor.

I believe the "DVD" idea has only been focused on more in recent game versions.

How berries are usable after 8 years in the berry pocket. Or how any of the beginning towns have only 3-4 houses. My street has more houses than that.

How berries are usable after 8 years in the berry pocket. Or how any of the beginning towns have only 3-4 houses. My street has more houses than that.

The berry thing I've never though about. But considering your backpack is like another dimension, I don't don't think berries go to waste in another dimension.
And the houses thing, it's like that for the games; it's compressed into a bunch of buildings due to graphical limitations on the console and just for navigation in general. In the anime, it's more realistic with cities.

On that note, how do you fit all that crap in the games in your backpack? I mean, in the anime, Brock was always making stew and stuff, in a big pot that I'm pretty sure wouldn't fit in his little backpack he carried around.

On that note, how do you fit all that crap in the games in your backpack? I mean, in the anime, Brock was always making stew and stuff, in a big pot that I'm pretty sure wouldn't fit in his little backpack he carried around.

I've thought of Brock's Pot's and Pans (he has used many over the years) as well
but I could imagine they're like collapsible Camping gear.
Shoot, we have expandable pokeballs. Why not expandable cooking gear?

I always kind of figured the pokemon universe had capsule-like technology (like in dragonball), and that's how they carry big stuff around.

That fanfiction TM sonuds very much like how they portrayed TM in the manga Electric Tale of Pikachu, at least the sticking-its-head-in part.

In the manga, the TM is the original cube-shaped design, you open it up enveloping the Pokemon's head and there's some glowy sparkling effect, which also explains how it is a one-use item as you 'break' it apart, because I suppose the 'content' in the box will be used up. The 'content' is probably some sort of data that directly fiddles with your brain, given the high-tech setting of the world.

So I was really confused when they changed it to a disc.

How Audino keep coming to fight me after seeing how I murdered their family members. And how they still heal me.

How 50 million zubat fit inside a relatively small dark cave.

How roaming pokemon run away while they're asleep.

How you need running shoes to run. -.-

And why people in the Pokemon world made a machine that instantly heals Pokemon. But not a machine that heals humans.

Wait.... What if they did? Maybe the pc is actually a 30 year old that has been rejuvenated by some contraption? *puts on tin foil hat*

Some moves that pokemon can learn confuse me.

Slowpoke can learn flamethrower
Nidoqueen can learn thunder
Pinco can learn earthquake (yes I got that one from Rare Candy Treatment.)

How can you use Earthquake, Explosion and similar powerful moves in a building without destroying said building?

How can a berry weaken a certain type of attack?

I always wondered (and still do sometimes) how an escape rope works.

Also was it ever explained in-canon how/why there are Porygons in the Mystery Dungeon-verse...

How the E4 team change so fast?after all you can just fly there and beatt them again few seconda after beating them the first time

They could have different, stronger Pokemon that they don't against trainers who defeat them

I always wondered (and still do sometimes) how an escape rope works.

Also was it ever explained in-canon how/why there are Porygons in the Mystery Dungeon-verse...

The mystery dungeon world is a post-apocalyptic pokemon world where humans are extremely rare, and Pokemon have become the dominant species. This is evidenced by porygon, various locations, etc. And the "human world" always mentioned is actually the past.
...at least it seems likely...

As for ropes, they clearly are highly advanced technology with teleportation technology.

....MEME ALERT

Free health care, 300 dollar lemonade

Escape ropes are logical...not.
HOW DOES RAINBOW STONESHIP WORK
Why Ash is an idiot(I apologize, anime lovers, but it's true and you know it.)
Why nobody told Red that Yellow is a girl
How in the olden days if Pokemon hatched at level 5 and you could find wild level 2 Pokemon.
How did the truck even get there?
How the S.S Anne got out of port ven though the harbour is surrounded by rocks
How the Day-Care Couple doesn't know how the Eggs got there
Why people claim that Ash isn't almost entirely incompetent as a Trainer

How can a 10 year old know calculus?(EVs and IVs)
Why are battles in the video game completely different from other mediums like anime?

....MEME ALERT

Free health care, 300 dollar lemonade

Escape ropes are logical...not.
HOW DOES RAINBOW STONESHIP WORK
Why Ash is an idiot(I apologize, anime lovers, but it's true and you know it.)
Why nobody told Red that Yellow is a girl
How in the olden days if Pokemon hatched at level 5 and you could find wild level 2 Pokemon.
How did the truck even get there?
How the S.S Anne got out of port ven though the harbour is surrounded by rocks
How the Day-Care Couple doesn't know how the Eggs got there
Why people claim that Ash isn't almost entirely incompetent as a Trainer

1) Free health care caused inflation raising the price of lemonade.
2) Read my above post for Escape Ropes.
3) IT'S POWERED BY FRIENDSHIP, JUST LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE IN-GAME.
4) Read the "Ash is Red's brother" theory.
5) Then enjoy watching him.
6) Doom Seeds from the Mystery Dungeon series.
7) They pushed it with strength.
8) The rocks are actually barricades that can lower to prevent people leaving with surf, forcing them to buy boat tickets.
9) They think Pokémon reproduce like humans.
10) He won the Orange League.

Simple answers.

How can a 10 year old know calculus?(EVs and IVs)
Why are battles in the video game completely different from other mediums like anime?

In answer to the first, a ten year old cannot know calculus, as it is far too advanced for a ten year old mind. On a side note: what is that about calculus?! I don't play the game, so...

In answer to the second, because the game is a different medium than the anime. The anime is pure fiction presented in a visual form, and allows for, and mandates, more realistic freedom with battles while the game is limited by the mechanics and plays like, well, a game.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom