• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Okay thanks! ... um... how do you insert non-Archive images into a page? xD sorry

Okay thanks! ... um... how do you insert non-Archive images into a page? xD sorry
All images are uploaded to the Archives, then used in the other Bulbasites. If you don't know how to do it, don't try to figure it out... A mistake as small as misspelling the name of the image can be problematic. Can someone fetch Bulbajer a guide?

All images are uploaded to the Archives, then used in the other Bulbasites. If you don't know how to do it, don't try to figure it out... A mistake as small as misspelling the name of the image can be problematic. Can someone fetch Bulbajer a guide?
No, you don't need the Archives to use images. SnorlaxMonster staes only a few posts above about how we do not allow personal images on the Archives.
To use a personal image, simply post the raw URL, and the site will show it as an image.

No, you don't need the Archives to use images. SnorlaxMonster staes only a few posts above about how we do not allow personal images on the Archives.
To use a personal image, simply post the raw URL, and the site will show it as an image.
Ah, I thought that Bulbajer wanted to upload a file. I inferred incorrectly.

How necessary are the secondary generation names under Generation __ in each generation page's infobox? There's been a fair bit about the name of gen VI and also of gen IV recently, and I feel like the bottom line is that these names are just there for posterity. Other than Advanced Generation, I have almost never seen or heard people refer to the generations by anything other than their number. Would it be possible to motion to just get rid of those all together or vote on removing them or something?

And if that's not possible, as far as the name listed for gen VI right now, shouldn't that count as speculation. The Japanese logos show a DNA double helix. Genetic information's encoded in DNA, but I don't see how the DNA alone is enough to classify it at this moment as the Genetic Generation. DNA's made up of nucleotides, but we don't go and just automatically name it after that.

How necessary are the secondary generation names under Generation __ in each generation page's infobox? There's been a fair bit about the name of gen VI and also of gen IV recently, and I feel like the bottom line is that these names are just there for posterity. Other than Advanced Generation, I have almost never seen or heard people refer to the generations by anything other than their number. Would it be possible to motion to just get rid of those all together or vote on removing them or something?

And if that's not possible, as far as the name listed for gen VI right now, shouldn't that count as speculation. The Japanese logos show a DNA double helix. Genetic information's encoded in DNA, but I don't see how the DNA alone is enough to classify it at this moment as the Genetic Generation. DNA's made up of nucleotides, but we don't go and just automatically name it after that.
It's not necessary, and we basically decided here to remove it from the infobox and Gen IV onwards. I've gone and actually implemented that change now.

On pages like these that have infoboxes of Pokémon from Stadium 1 and/or 2, why do we use B/W sprites such as 149.png instead of something from the N64 games themselves?
I know, of course, that we don't have the models of the Stadium Pokémon, just screenshots of them using moves, but we do have the Gamecube games. Colosseum and XD have given us the boxsprites of each Pokémon. Given that the Gen I and II Pokémon's models and animation are the same, why not use those?
Wouldn't Lance's Dragonite's infobox for Stadium 2 be more accurately represented by Box_XD_149.png ?

Semi-related question: How does the wiki plan to depict the Pokémon from X and Y in their eventual infoboxes? They're 3D models, just like the console games, so what's the plan?

Last edited:
The staff is also working on what to do with the XY models. This is something I made for the mean time.
That looks perfect and shows other games' models currently not featured. I wouldn't mind using it on every Pokémon's page (but while removing the wikicode for sections we don't have an image for, like PBR and X/Y).
I made a mock-up of what it could currently and easily look like, increasing the image size a bit. My wikicode skills rely on guesses and the preview button, but I tried.
View attachment 87130

Hm... well, here's the URL: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=87130
Anyway, I just removed the empty PBR, Ranch, and X/Y boxes, leaving the Stadium and Colosseum models (which I enlarged to 80 pixels). Leaving the placeholder text there could be a useful reminder and more practical to add the models in later.
Point is: Your template looks simple and ready to use. What reason is there not to have it on each page yet?

I'd like to report two bugs in Black 2 information:
Growlithe don't hold Rawst Berry 100% of the time. I tried to use Thief on them a lot of times already and got none. I captured two, one has it and one doesn't.
In Route 5, Unova, Hidden Grotto, Minccino's level only varies from 20-24, not 20-25. (May be it's because it is the Minccino from the tutorial to Hidden Grotto, but it should not matter). He also seems to could only be male... Kind of a let down about passing the hidden ability to a children pokemon...
I repeated the battle 50 times+ so I think I have pretty good statistics.

Last edited:
Just noticed that in the walkthrough they did not say anything in the items list about TM 70 Flash that you get in The Narrow Street by just walking halfway into it. Can somebody please add this because I have no clue how to do it.

Another TM that is not mentioned is TM 44 Rest that is given to you by the girl on the 2F in the building across the street from GAME FREAK. If somebody could add this then I would be happy cause I dont have the skills to change it myself.

is this where I go to get help with making edits? If so I have a bit of issue my page contains Pokémon that I would've given to the main characters and I want to change it up make it more formalized with reasoning with a chart and stuff but, I can't figure out how to start the chart pretty sure I can stand it if the get started but anyhow. Is this the right place for help? is this the right place to ask where do I look for help?

One of the E3 videos confirmed that new Super Smash Bros. games for the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS are in development with Capcom's Mega Man as a third party playable character. Naturally Pikachu is already confirmed as a playable character for the Pokemon series. I would suggest a block to prevent new pages from being created to avoid speculation with names like Super Smash Bros. 4, Super Smash Bros. Wii U, Super Smash Bros. 3DS until more concrete proof is revealed.

is this where I go to get help with making edits? If so I have a bit of issue my page contains Pokémon that I would've given to the main characters and I want to change it up make it more formalized with reasoning with a chart and stuff but, I can't figure out how to start the chart pretty sure I can stand it if the get started but anyhow. Is this the right place for help? is this the right place to ask where do I look for help?

Bulbapedia:Wikicode - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia This page might help you.

Back
Top Bottom