• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

I'm really confused right now. So in my Black 2 game, I have a Zoroark that I got through breeding, and he's at level 74, yet he never learned Night Daze. I know that Night Daze is learned at level 64, but my Zoroark is 10 levels higher than that and the opportunity to learn it never happened. Can bred Zoroarks not learn the move or what?

I think you just forgot that it was an important move when it reached level 64 because it is true that all Zoroark learn Night Daze at level 64. You should go see the move relearner outside the Pokémon World Tournament building with a Heart Scale and ask her to make Zoroark remember Night Daze.

Pearl - Its My 1st Ever Pokemon Game....

Hi - I have a couple of questions & comments & I've been sitting on them for weeks hoping to get somewhere, searching the web, harassing my son and I just cant get anywhere!!
First of all, I'm old. LOL well, 36. So I've got Pearl and its the first Pokémon game I've ever played - Ive always wanted to ever since the ... mid -90s I think was when my friends began it. Those same guys I went to high school with are still somewhat into Pokémon today! Unfortunately for me, none of them has a DS or any current games and I am just totally & completely lost. Speaking of unfortunate, now would be a good time to mention that I have some head trauma. So my memory (short term) can range from bad to horrendous. Just FYI. Because sometimes I may come across as ditzy, when in reality its just that I've got a 50 First Dates thing going on.

Ok anyway I have been wandering around for over a week, despite seeing online walkthroughs I am so utterly lost its not even funny. Oh- and my son has a book. It says Pokémon Black & White but I've been told that there is some helpful basic info that I can use from it so I do.
I've gotten to the point where I am not even finding or catching new Pokémon anymore. If I describe my stats or whatever, could somebody maybe advise me what to do....??

The last gym leader that I defeated was I think Crasher Wake. If not him then it was that room full of martial arts guys. You know what? I would not bet on that being accurate so I am going to go grab the game & check.
So I got on & I checked & I'm not 100% sure how to tell but when I look at the League Badges under my trainer card, it shows that I have the first 5. If that is useful info at all, could anybody direct me on what the heck I'm supposed to do??

Here is one point of confusion: Reading in a walkthrough trying to find my way someplace I read a thing about how at one point earlier in the game, there was a Galactic Grunt who was supposed to drop a key. I definitely remember running into that kid & all and doing all of the actions before & after that event BUT... I do *not* remember seeing him drop a key. Nor do I have any key anywhere in my inventory at all. Other than the works key, I mean.

So I went back to the place where he would have been, to see if he'd show up and he doesn't! Its at the Team Galactic HQ, the really ominous looking building. What on earth am I supposed to....?? So short story long, there is nothing new opening up & I'm just kind of stuck with the same old, same old running around in circles... losing my mind a little bit. Trying to catch my "caught" numbers up to the "seen" numbers but that's been roughhhhh!

Starting to feel claustrophobic not being able to get to these other places. I do have surf & fly, btw. I do not have the TM or HM (sorry I cant remember which it is) that is for boulder smashing.

Re: Pearl - Its My 1st Ever Pokemon Game....

Okay, you should have Fantina's badge, so teach one of your pokemon Surf and go to Jubilife city. Go to the left, and if you haven't been that way before, you should get a Pokedex upgrade. Then you can surf to the left and go to Canalave City and beat your Rival and the Gym Leader. After that, you should know what to do.

Ok I have a question... I am the noobiest noob of all the noobs in Noobland (to Pokémon games), so be forewarned. I seem to have gotten rid of HM Defog at some point when I first began playing (Pearl). There were 1 or 2 spots where I had to get through small foggy areas & I had to just wing it, but now I'm reading a walkthrough (because I am loooooost! very, very lost. You know what kills me? I spent the whole game up til this point wishing I could smash boulders & now that I can, I cannot find a single one to smash. Argh!)....
Anyway, I see that there's a part coming up soon where it seems like Defog is going to be pretty much necessary. I'm not even sure what I did to it. But its gone! Am I totally screwed?

Ok I have a question... I am the noobiest noob of all the noobs in Noobland (to Pokémon games), so be forewarned. I seem to have gotten rid of HM Defog at some point when I first began playing (Pearl). There were 1 or 2 spots where I had to get through small foggy areas & I had to just wing it, but now I'm reading a walkthrough (because I am loooooost! very, very lost. You know what kills me? I spent the whole game up til this point wishing I could smash boulders & now that I can, I cannot find a single one to smash. Argh!)....
Anyway, I see that there's a part coming up soon where it seems like Defog is going to be pretty much necessary. I'm not even sure what I did to it. But its gone! Am I totally screwed?

Thankfully you don't need Defog anywhere in the game, since you can still find your way in the fog, but it does make things a bit easier. Problem is, you can't normally get rid of HMs. Are you sure you got it in the first place? If not, you can get it from a boy in the Great Marsh, which is in Pastoria City, and you're not allowed to use it before getting the Fen Badge from Crasher Wake.

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Ge'n 5)

Just finished Black (1) and have a team of mid 50 pokemon. were is the best place to level up to go face the elite four again who now have level 70 pokemon?
You can work your way through the east side of Unova, since the trainers there all have fairly high-level Pokémon. If you want to train up with wild Pokémon, Audino is a great experience boost, and you can find them at high levels depending on where you are (I think the Giant Chasm interior has them at the highest level).
Don't do this! Don't battle Audino only nor aim for leveling up, as it'd end up only increasing your Pokémon's HP stat and mostly physical Attack and Speed stats (most common in the grass).
Increase the EVs of your Pokémon. Look for the EV yields of Pokémon in Bulbapedia and go battle the ones that increase your stats best (based on the base stats and your Pokémon moves, if it goes better as a bulky/tank strategy in battles, etc). Go to where they are (the Lv. of these Pokémon doesn't matter). Increase your stats, Lv. is a second priority.

--

My question now: I recall seeing somewhere there was a new feature (I don't know if it was in BW or B2W2) you could hold L in the middle of a battle to see something about the moves of your Pokémon when using (I don't know if it'd bring the move's info or it'd run a simulation of what'd happen / how much HP you'd take from your opponent). Does someone know about that?

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Ge'n 5)

Just finished Black (1) and have a team of mid 50 pokemon. were is the best place to level up to go face the elite four again who now have level 70 pokemon?
You can work your way through the east side of Unova, since the trainers there all have fairly high-level Pokémon. If you want to train up with wild Pokémon, Audino is a great experience boost, and you can find them at high levels depending on where you are (I think the Giant Chasm interior has them at the highest level).
Don't do this! Don't battle Audino only nor aim for leveling up, as it'd end up only increasing your Pokémon's HP stat and mostly physical Attack and Speed stats (most common in the grass).
Increase the EVs of your Pokémon. Look for the EV yields of Pokémon in Bulbapedia and go battle the ones that increase your stats best (based on the base stats and your Pokémon moves, if it goes better as a bulky/tank strategy in battles, etc). Go to where they are (the Lv. of these Pokémon doesn't matter). Increase your stats, Lv. is a second priority.

--

My question now: I recall seeing somewhere there was a new feature (I don't know if it was in BW or B2W2) you could hold L in the middle of a battle to see something about the moves of your Pokémon when using (I don't know if it'd bring the move's info or it'd run a simulation of what'd happen / how much HP you'd take from your opponent). Does someone know about that?

i appreciate the advice, but i don't plan on doing any competitive battling. i'm more of a main game, filling the pokedex kind of guy. i also enjoy a little bit of pokemon breeding, but i don't have enough natures to try and pawn them to anyone

I don't breed for IVs, my Pokémon are caught unless there's a specific move I can only get by breeding, but EV training will certainly help you more than just leveling up (which is very boring - you can get your Pokémon to Lv 100 and take away all the fun of the game). I find battling in subway fun and other parts of the game also limit Pokémon levels equally, if someday you want to battle in these places you'd be kind of ready. :)

Here's a few questions all about shinys. First, does breeding a shiny with another shiny or a regular mon raise the chance at all? I always get different answers on this. And second, does the Masuda Method work with a foreign Ditto? I don't see why it wouldn't, but Ditto breeding has always had special rules.

Here's a few questions all about shinys. First, does breeding a shiny with another shiny or a regular mon raise the chance at all? I always get different answers on this. And second, does the Masuda Method work with a foreign Ditto? I don't see why it wouldn't, but Ditto breeding has always had special rules.
1. Breeding two shinies does not raise the chance of the offspring being shiny, nor will breeding a shiny with a regular Pokemon.
2. Masuda Method does work with a foreign Ditto. As long as the two Pokemon are from different language games, Masuda Method will work.

Ok that's good to know!! Thanks for your reply. I am totally going to go check that out. I might've gotten it & not saved or.... who knows? Thanksssss

OK i am seeing different answers everywhere can a Pokemon have 255 or 252 EV`s per stat

OK i am seeing different answers everywhere can a Pokemon have 255 or 252 EV`s per stat
They can have 255 EVs max in one stat but only 252 is required for maxing out one stat

If I traded my movie star pokemon from B2W2 over to BW, will it still have that silver star upon entering the battle field?

Dead (and newly replaced!) clock battery: Still no berries in Emerald?

So I just started playing my Emerald version again for old time's sake and I was greeted by the "clock battery has run dry" message. I took the initiative and went to the local used game store, and got it replaced. No more message! And the clock is going again. (Yes I went back to Littleroot town to check!)

So then I happily began planting berries everywhere, but was disappointed to see none of them growing. It's been over twelve hours and nothing is happening, even with a lot of watering. :bawl:

I have even started a new game (without saving) and planted some berries at the first patch to see if that would work. It's only been a few hours but I don't see anything happening.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there anyway to get berries growing again?

Admittedly I am inexperienced with growing berries, I never really paid attention to them before now. I just planted them and waited, I don't guess there's anything else I need to do?

The Xtransceiver can also be used over the internet by selecting it at the Global Terminal in a Pokémon Center. It cannot be used over the internet if selected from the Bag.

The receptionist at the far right is not giving me a Xtransceiver option. Any suggestions? I'm using B2 and W2, in 2 different 3DS consoles, with the FC number of each registered in each. Don't know how else to activate video chat? :(

Try the middle receptionist, which leads to the Wi-Fi club. There, you can use the Xtransceiver online.

Edit: Make sure Voice chat is on; otherwise, you can't access the option.

Thank you. I worked it out in the end! (and damn I felt stupid xD)

Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

Hi. My kids have Pokémon Ranch on the Wii (digital download). Is there a way I can somehow get my DS hooked up with that & grab some of the Pokémon from that to transfer them into my dex on Pearl? I'm not saying I'm foaming at the mouth a little bit to "catch em all" but I'm not going to claim otherwise.

Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

Hi. My kids have Pokémon Ranch on the Wii (digital download). Is there a way I can somehow get my DS hooked up with that & grab some of the Pokémon from that to transfer them into my dex on Pearl? I'm not saying I'm foaming at the mouth a little bit to "catch em all" but I'm not going to claim otherwise.
You can only transfer a Pokemon back to the save file of the game it is from, it can't be transfered to a different one.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom