• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which Town/City would you most like to live in?

KarlG

Reaction score
This question is a two parter:

1) Which city/town would you like to live in? (Can be per Gen or your overall most fave!)

For me, my top place would be a tossup between Azalea Town or Nacrene City. Azalea is small and cosy with my favorite Gym Leader, but Nacrene City is artistic and has a museum which I just love!

For the First Gen games Lavender Town has my vote, because I'm a morbid person who loves spooky stuff, and for the 3rd Gen I pick Sootopolis City, because I love the Greek influences. Not really a fan of anyplace from GEN IV.

2) Which city/town would you most HATE to live in?

Hands down Snowpoint City. I would be freezing my a** off there.

I'd like to post one by region maybe.
Favourites:
Kanto: Vermilion City. It has a port/harbor, and beach. I love beach.
Johto: Ecruteak City. It is Kyoto!!!!!!!! So much to see!!!!!!!!!! I llike that classical japanese style.
Hoenn: Sootopolis City. Awesome. And the in-game music....
Sinnoh: Sunyshore City. I'd livke to work on the solar generation system.
Unova: Humilau City. Peace and beach and sun. Insert photo of me drooling here.

Favourite overall: Ecruteak and Humilau.

I would like to live either on Hoenn or Unova, considering that the most interesting Pokémon to me habit these places, so... Fortree City could be a nice location to live, I really dig the tree houses, but Verdanturf and Lilycove are nice too. In Unova, well, even if a lot of cities and towns have awful music themes, the places itself are among the bests in the series. I would LOVE to live in Mistralton, because I love planes, the feeling and the music of the city. Living in Icirrus would be great as well, that snow, I love snow and cold weather. I also love Humilau, although I hate hot weather >_> Ecruteak in Johto would also be a good place to live, it looks beautiful and very classic Japanese oriented, which is something I love, but meh, Johto sucks... :( Lastly, Snowpoint would be definitely the most awesome city to live in Sinnoh.

In regards of what place I would hate to live in, definitely Sunyshore, the place looks very meh and I despise the city's Gym Leader. Excessively rocky places like Oreburgh or excessively modern cities like Nimbasa would be awful to live in as well.

I would LOVE to live in Canalave City! It has a nice view of the ocean, It's not too big, and it has the one of the only libraries in the pokemon world!

I would NOT like to live Nimbasa, Hearthome or Castelia, as they are all too big bright and flashy.

Kanto: Cerulean city. It's not too big, and it's not too small either. I think it'd be a decent place to live in.
Johto: Cianwood city, because it's near the sea and it has a beach. I love beaches.
Hoenn: Fortree city. I would say Sootopolis city or pacifidlog town, but I really like the tree houses in Fortree, and I would love to live in one of them.
Sinnoh: Snowpoint city. I'm used to living in cold weathers, and I really like it. So this is the perfect town for me to live in.
Unova: Icurrus City. Cold weather, and snow is beautiful, so I could definitely live here. Also, the Village of Dragons would be an amazing place to live in, I love dragon types.

I'm not sure which places I wouldn't want to live in, but if I had to choose one it'd be Littleroot town. It's a really small place, and I could never live in a place like that. It's way too small and boring.

1.) I would love to live in Ecruteak City. I just love the atmosphere and the history of the city. It is probably the city that I visit the most throughout an average playthrough of Pokemon Crystal Version.

2.) I would hate to live in Pacifidlog Town. I don't really like hot climates all that much to be honest and I would hate being isolated on a floating city for weeks at a time with only the occasional trainer to talk to.

Any of the original five starting towns, simply because I can. Despite what B2W2 state, I don't consider Aspertia to be a starting town. Oh, the wonders of headcanon.

Oooooooooooooooooooh.
Kanto: Cerulean. It's a nice town that doesn't seem all too rushed and fast-paced. Routes 24 and 25 seem to be a good place to play in.
Johto: asdfghjkl I can't decide. I swear I love all of the towns here. But probably Azalea. Quite and peaceful and all traditional-like. Ilex Forest and the well and the rainy Route 33 sound like fun.
Hoenn: Pacifidlog. Away from the mainland, in the middle of the sea where there's little to worry about.
Sinnoh: Canalave. I love ports. And bridges. And libraries.
Unova: Icirrus. I don't really like many of Unova's towns but... Dragonspiral Tower! And Route 8! And weird people who dance around singing about dragons! My sort of place. Oh and I like the name.

I probably wouldn't like to live in Nimbasa. Big cities with lots of people and neon lights are likely to give me headaches. Or Black/Black 2 Opelucid. I like traditional-looking places.

Hmmm...good question. I've always had a fondness for Johto's towns and cities. I love Azalea and Blackthorn and they're probably two of my favorites in the series. Verdanturf in Hoenn was also quite nice. When first playing through Sinnoh, I couldn't really think of any towns or cities that really caught my attention or "wowed" me. In Unova, my instant favorite was Lacunosa. It was both quaint and mysterious and, in an odd way, I just enjoyed being there, despite the lack of its importance to the story (or much of anything, really). Also liked Icirrus a lot. Been playing since Gen I but, for whatever reason, none of Kanto's settlements are as attractive or distinctive as the other four. I guess if I had to choose one or two from Kanto, it'd be Vermilion and Fuchsia. I love Kanto as a whole, though.

As for where I'd hate to live, probably Lavaridge, Nimbasa, Mistralton, and Snowpoint.

Oh yeah, add Lavaridge to the list of towns I would hate. Sulphur really smells.

Ya LILYCOVE CITY. PERFECT AND... I LOVE THE NAME AND THE LIGHTHOUSE, THE HOTEL, HARBOR. I WISH I WAS A GRASS TYPE GYM LEADER THERE.

Excellent Question i guess i would say
Kanto: Celadon for similar reasons to Castelia
Johto: Violet City
Hoenn: Mossdeep City love the spacecraft and so on
Sinnoh: Celestic cause i love all that old fashioned stuff too
Unova: Castelia City love a big city like that

This is purely based on in-game appearances, not the anime.

Kanto: Probably Vermillion City - If for no other reason than the fact that Lt. Surge is there. But I really like the towns of Kanto as opposed to the cities, so Lavender Town and Pallet Town are other places I'd choose (though, despite the fear, I prefer the original Lavender Town over the Radio Tower themed one).

Johto: Ecruteak City - I really like the traditional Japan theme with the Bell Tower and the Kimono Girls.

Hoenn: Fortree City - I mean, who wouldn't want to live in tree houses? Fortree is one of my favorite cities in the whole Pokemon world just for that. It also seems like a really relaxing place. I also really like Lavaridge Town, Mauville City, and Verdanturf Town.

Sinnoh: Hearthome City - I always liked Hearthome City for: it's Amity Square, Contest Hall, free Eevee and Poffin House. It also has the "foreign building", which I thought was pretty neat. It was one of the few places in Sinnoh I used to like to fly back to just to walk around and talk to people. I also really like Jubilife City and Floaroma Town.

Unova: Opelucid City (White Version) - I prefer it to the futuristic one in Black. It's just so chill and peaceful. I like the design of the past Opelucid. Lentimas Town is also an interesting place. I think it's the only desert-like place where people live.

I'd hate to live in the huge ass cities (not saying I dislike them, just wouldn't want to live there) just because of how big they are; population wise or just city size. Meaning: Saffron City, Goldenrod City, Sunyshore City, and Castelia City. As for Hoenn, I'd say Pacifidlog Town just because of my phobia of water.

I have always been a fan of Olivine City and in fact during the prerelease era of HGSS I was so psyched to get to go back to Olivine that someone made a parody of "On the road to Viridian City" and made it about Olivine.

Yeah.

But that being said I do like some of the cities we have gotten since then. Opelucid (white version) is really, really cool. I'm also a fan of Slateport city (I seem to like port cities for some reason) and Fortree City is cool solely because tree houses.

I would hate to live in Snowpoint. I love snow, but that is ridiculous.

This is tough and it depends which region I'd be from! Probably Cherrygrove City if its Johto... But I also really like Pewter, Vermillion, and Fuchsia if its Kanto!

I'd want to start with a Squirtle so I would have to be from Kanto. But Gold was my frist game and I seem like I'd be more of Johto person. Its a tough one!

Kanto: Anywhere on the Sevii Islands

Johto: Cianwood

Hoenn: Sootopolis

Sinnoh: Canalave

Unova: Village Bridge

I like islands. :3

Fuchsia city because it is an awesome place with a pokemon safari, a beach and the sea is right next to it which is a great place to catch water pokemon!

Humilau, access to a FREE aquarium, a Pokemon gym, island houses, Pokemon center and Gym!
HOW COULD YOU NOT WANT TO LIVE HERE?!

Oh! I would love to live on one of the Sevii Islands too.

Unova: Icirrus. I don't really like many of Unova's towns but... Dragonspiral Tower! And Route 8! And weird people who dance around singing about dragons! My sort of place. Oh and I like the name.
This. I would want to live in Icirrus and I'd spend all my days wandering through the Dragonspiral Tower. Forget the Dragons and all that hooey; there are Automatons in that there Tower and I'm gonna catch me one..! Or two....Or thirty. :sweatlol:

I'd never want to live in Snowpoint. I live in Wisconsin; there comes a point when you see snow and you're ready to scream. So just keep me away from there.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom