• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon X and Y anime to begin in October: 32nd Prize Fair pamphlet reveals X and Y a

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Pokémon X and Y anime to begin in October: 32nd Prize Fair pamphlet reveals X and Y anime ...

A pamphlet available at the Banpresto booth of the 32nd Prize Fair has revealed that the Pokémon X and Y series of the Pokémon anime will debut in October this year.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Pokémon X and Y anime to begin in October: 32nd Prize Fair pamphlet reveals X and

Awesome, and exactly as expected. Now we just need to find out what happens between Decolora and XY.

Re: Pokémon X and Y anime to begin in October: 32nd Prize Fair pamphlet reveals X and

Awesome, and exactly as expected. Now we just need to find out what happens between Decolora and XY.

Decolara ends and XY series begin .
Are there suppose to be something between that ?
Unless off course a complete finale of Team Rocket and Ash getting kicked out .
And bring another troll like Ash Or A ''Love-child'' who gets everythng Ash didn't got due to the love writer has for him/her.
I hate both idea !

"I Love Gothic"? Ahahaha. I can't even...

Regarding the anime, no surprise that it would debut in October. Definitely don't see the dub coming that soon though. Wonder who the next partners will be. Probably more gym leaders.

It was already pretty obvious it would air the same time the games were released.

I think we all expected it to start in October, but it's nice to have an actual date confirmed.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out Best Wishes! . I need a fresh start to get me interested after the wreck that you were.

That seems like a happy news. After 16 years of trolling and ruining Ash's personality and characteristics, there is final a new Pokemon anime that can provide a fresh breeze to the depressed old Pokemon fans.

Though, the quality of the new Pokemon anime is still unknown. I just hope it won't turn out to be a duplicate of the current Pokemon anime, with a new protagonist that is just a carbon copy of Ash. And the very obvious wish, just hope the scriptwriter(s) will not ruin the story like how they did in the current anime.

That seems like a happy news. After 16 years of trolling and ruining Ash's personality and characteristics, there is final a new Pokemon anime that can provide a fresh breeze to the depressed old Pokemon fans.

Though, the quality of the new Pokemon anime is still unknown. I just hope it won't turn out to be a duplicate of the current Pokemon anime, with a new protagonist that is just a carbon copy of Ash. And the very obvious wish, just hope the scriptwriter(s) will not ruin the story like how they did in the current anime.

What? Was it stated that the new anime is seperate from Ash's story? I didn't see that in the article.

We all saw this coming. But an actual date is always helpful. Maybe it means the games will be released just before or at the exact same time as the anime. Too bad the dub won't come around until later, but this does bring new opportunity.

To be blunt, in all truthfulness, I don't totally care who the main cast will be (though I doubt Ash, Pika, and TRio will be given the boot, as they're too iconic right now), I just hope they don't screw this up as badly as BW was. Ash was climbing the stairs to greatness in AG and in his prime during DP, but what a fall from grace BW was. I just hope they don't completely destroy this opportunity to revive the anime back to its former glory. I had high hopes for BW, but boy was it the pits. So I'm hoping this new XY anime restores the anime and revives the greatness it once had. However, I am not getting my hopes up just yet. That's how BW pummeled me into the ground before, so I'm not getting my hopes into high gear until I see for myself if it brings back the good days or continues the nightmare.

I'm thinking by new anime it means new series with Ash and Pikachu, not new characters or anime completely. Ash and Pikachu their cash cows and are too iconic for them to just get rid of them like that. Good to know we have a date for the X and Y anime, though I expected it would be in October. Hopefully the new series is better than BW. Though I've enjoy BW so far and it got me back into the series, it wasn't as good as DP or the original series.

Hopefully the anime will have a worldwide release also

What? Was it stated that the new anime is seperate from Ash's story? I didn't see that in the article.

Well, I just kind of have that feeling based on the release date of this new Pokemon anime.

Because Decolora Adventure had just began airing for nothing more than 10 episodes. The newest confirmed episode is BW133 on 4th July 2013. So according to the pace of one episode per week, Decolora Adventure will progress up to BW146~BW150 on October 2013, only for 24~28 episodes, which is quite short.

Though, because Decolora has no league nor any battle institutions, unlike Orange Archipelago, so it is possible for it be short.

But in any case. If it is just another sequel of Ash story, I definitely will not watch it.

I seriously doubt that they'll make a new series that doesn't feature Ash at this point. There isn't any evidence for that conclusion.

Sky from the beyond said:

As cool as that would be, I really don't think that's going to happen either. I think it would be far too difficult to make something like that work due to the amount of time and money it would take to pull it off. Not to mention how there are other countries further behind from the Japanese version than the U.S. is, so that would make it even more difficult.

Anyway, I figured that it would start in October. I do hope that the new series will be better than BW has been for me for the most part.

Some people want it to happen, but I think Ash leaving now would be the worst desicion ever done. If you are going to scrap a character, at least do it showing him like a hero. The Unova League and the current Decolora events make it very unlikely, it would be too akward.

That seems unlikely as well, since the anime would either have a three-month break before X and Y, or the English dub would have to rush everything and the schedule would be terrible. Probably a sneak peek will happen when X and Y get released in North America. And not to mention other dubs, just taking the Latin American dub for example, which is 73 episodes away from the original.

Some people want it to happen, but I think Ash leaving now would be the worst desicion ever done. If you are going to scrap a character, at least do it showing him like a hero. The Unova League and the current Decolora events make it very unlikely, it would be too akward.

Thats right , Ash deserve a better ending .
I actually don't any cast character with Ash in the new series!
Because its uncool to see Ash with 2 sidekick all the time while all other rival take care of themself.
Instate , I would prefer some character join Ash for sudden Ark or Episode.
Sometime there will be separate episode of separate referring character showing their own adventure.
If Ash really need some sidekick then I hope it won't some another ''Older brother figure'' and Another girl with Goal.
Plus , Other Rival & referring character should get their own traveling Companion .
I don't want Sidekick with Goal , I want Sidekick who has something to achieve !
here is my list-

Female cast :

-The assistant of a regional prof who traveling with Ash to collect information about Kalo region's legendary Pokemon .Her Goal is to meet and learn about all Legendary Pokemon !
Unlike Previous Female cast , She will be Spoiled , Self-centered , Selfish, insensitive , inconsiderate , egoistic But she's also very intelligent & know's how to cook.
She believe herself as a ''Superior evolved being '' and almost all other people is inferior to her !
Although She has vast knowledge , She doesn't have the Wisdom to use that knowledge So it up to Ash to come up with a plan using her knowledge.
Ash was recommended by Prof Oak to travel with her but She will unapproved Ash as her traveling companion Until Ash use her knowledge to save her & regional prof So She will have no choice but to accept Ash as her traveling partner.
Later she start to develop kind & caring side because of all the adventure Ash forced her into .
She the prime ''Straight Man'' of the show like Lucy (Fairy tail)

-A Miko type girl who has a special connection with a Legendary Pokemon and she can also see the future. Which is why She often targeted by the Evil Team for her Power.
She has a vision about a boy who will join her in a battle and Save the world .
That Boy is none other then Ash .
She join Ash to find the secret of her vision .

-A rich girl who run away from home with her butler so she can travel around and see the World . She later forced Ash to be her fake boyfriend when her parent found her .

Male Cast:

-A photographer who was hired to take picture of various ruin and Pokemon for the regional prof .
Unlike Previous Male cast , He is extremely stupid, Weak ,inpatient. cowardly ,Egoistic .
The only thing he inherit from previous male cast that he also chase after women .
However , He often get jealous of Ash because he get more attention from girl .
He's the prime comic relief of the show and often try to hit the female cast .

-A Little Boy with low self-esteem who look up to Ash and traveling with Ash so he can become as strong as Ash .

-A Former Delinquent who try to attack Ash & bully him with all other trainer . He later get defect & saved by Ash .
It cause him to gain a great amount of admiration toward Ash so he start to follow Ash as his sidekick .

-A crazy Novelist Or Mangaka who see Ash as a Model for his Work and follow him to get more idea for his work .

Trio structure:

I would love a ''Skate Dance'' Trio (Bossun ,Himiko, Switch) Or ''Ben 10 Alien Force'' Trio (Ben , Gwen Kavin)
Off course , ''Devil Survivor 2'' Trio could work (Hidiki , Nitta , Daichi)

Last edited:

I hereby fandub this anime "Pokémon Generations" because of the association with X and Y chromosomes (which probably means that a female companion will become pregnant) and since Generations are a thing in Pokémon.
[/speculation]
I think we all expected it to start in October, but it's nice to have an actual date confirmed.
Don't let the door hit you on the way out Best Wishes! . I need a fresh start to get me interested after the wreck that you were.
Given your joyful goodbye, the name of the dub is just great.

Yay! Maybe I can finally start watching the anime again! :ksmile:

*waits eagerly for XY anime*

Makes you wonder if they're going to go back to the female co-star routine next generation. Going back to two Gym leader companions didn't work out very well.

The anime is generally more interesting when the female protagonist actually does something.

-The assistant of a regional prof who traveling with Ash to collect information about Kalo region's legendary Pokemon .Her Goal is to meet and learn about all Legendary Pokemon !
Unlike Previous Female cast , She will be Spoiled , Self-centered , Selfish, insensitive , inconsiderate , egoistic But she's also very intelligent & know's how to cook.
She believe herself as a ''Superior evolved being '' and almost all other people is inferior to her !
Although She has vast knowledge , She doesn't have the Wisdom to use that knowledge So it up to Ash to come up with a plan using her knowledge.
Ash was recommended by Prof Oak to travel with her but She will unapproved Ash as her traveling companion Until Ash use her knowledge to save her & regional prof So She will have no choice but to accept Ash as her traveling partner.
Later she start to develop kind & caring side because of all the adventure Ash forced her into .
She the prime ''Straight Man'' of the show like Lucy (Fairy tail)
So... kinda like an egocentric tsundere? I think we've had enough main characters accused from being self-centered and unlikable for writers to create a character explicity like that. And if you pair her with the photographer guy you will have the less popular anime main cast ever during that arch. But I get your point, that way they could showcase more characters instead of turning them into CoTD like Cheren.

In my opinion, they could have a stable main cast but with a lot of recurring characters. If they manage to create good characters with well defined personalities and story, they could handle them better and show them for more episodes instead of using the typical CoTD formula over and over. In BW they handled Bianca pretty well while Burghundy and Georgia (and Trip to a lesser extent) were just terrible. The only thing they truly did well in BW was the secondary character interactions, something that I least I like to see a lot since the world is not supposed to revolve around Ash and you could explore their relationships much better.

And about the main cast, I believe it's time to have a teenage female character. We've had Brock, Tracey and Cilan as apparently older, caretaker-like characters while Misty, May, Dawn and Iris are always around Ash's age. From my point of view, an experienced caretaker girl and a somewhat childish boy would not hurt and it would be nice for a change.

You've got a good point there, but you know at this point they're not going to replace Ash, then again, we don't know if they will or not.

We all saw this coming. But an actual date is always helpful. Maybe it means the games will be released just before or at the exact same time as the anime. Too bad the dub won't come around until later, but this does bring new opportunity.

To be blunt, in all truthfulness, I don't totally care who the main cast will be (though I doubt Ash, Pika, and TRio will be given the boot, as they're too iconic right now), I just hope they don't screw this up as badly as BW was. Ash was climbing the stairs to greatness in AG and in his prime during DP, but what a fall from grace BW was. I just hope they don't completely destroy this opportunity to revive the anime back to its former glory. I had high hopes for BW, but boy was it the pits. So I'm hoping this new XY anime restores the anime and revives the greatness it once had. However, I am not getting my hopes up just yet. That's how BW pummeled me into the ground before, so I'm not getting my hopes into high gear until I see for myself if it brings back the good days or continues the nightmare.

I certainly agree with you, Ash was improving much in AG and DP, showing how much he progressed from where he began in the first episode, and then Best Wishes began and he regressed even further down than he was in the very first season of the anime. In both personality and skill, Ash turned a full 360 degrees from a growing and improving veteran trainer to a flat out novice.

We don't know id Ash will return to his glory in the X/Y series, or if he will be reset completely again. I think this is beginning to show some signs that the anime needs a new protagonist, which as we all know, will likely never happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom