• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Fairy Type and Alterations to Type Chart

Is the Fairy-type OP?

• Total voters
Re: The Fairy Type and Alterations to Type Chart?

I'm assuming we'll receive more previous Pokemon retconning into the Fairy type, however, I'm also assuming they won't go overboard and retcon a large number of previous Pokemon. I'd imagine GameFreak would set some limit, so we are not bombarded with new types on older Pokemon, and make it easier for us to remember quicker.

So far, only one-typed Pokemon got a Fairy retcon, and according to pokemonxy.com, they are all adding as a second one.
Does that mean that we may not see dual-types change at all?

I'll be extremely shocked if the Clefariy line misses out on Fairy Typing... Almost everything about them screams fairies!

I still think it should be called Fey type; it better fits the concept.

I'll be extremely shocked if the Clefariy line misses out on Fairy Typing... Almost everything about them screams fairies!

Even the name. I am already annoyed with them preferring to show off Jiggly as Fairy instead of Cle-FAIRY!

I still think it should be called Fey type; it better fits the concept.
All it is is more obscure. Just because a lot of other RPGs shy away from saying Fairy and try and make the concept sound more adult doesn't mean it fits pokemon any better.

We have Dragon and Ghost type, not Draco and Spectre. Fairy fits the concept for pokemon far better than Fey.

Well, that's over. I'm mystified as to why they chose Marill, but whatever. I still think Xerneas could end up in this type, too, but it wasn't revealed. Maybe later...

Well, that's over. I'm mystified as to why they chose Marill, but whatever. I still think Xerneas could end up in this type, too, but it wasn't revealed. Maybe later...

There is new info tonight (yeah, that soon!) It may happen there!

Also, I agree that Fairy is better than Fey since the target group is childern, especially girls (who would like more a Fairy-type than boys).

Oh good god a majority of the interwebz is really bugging on how much they hate the Fairy Type. If you hate it so much then don't use Pokémon of that Type or just don't buy the games at all plain and simple. I have been a fan of Pokémon since the get go and the introduction of a New Type will not push me away.

Damn that there is no sound type, yveltal and noirvern seem fitting for the type. But yeah as I said fairy type azumarill makes the type solid. Love the focus of nuking the dragons its about damn time.

Oh good god a majority of the interwebz is really bugging on how much they hate the Fairy Type. If you hate it so much then don't use Pokémon of that Type or just don't buy the games at all plain and simple. I have been a fan of Pokémon since the get go and the introduction of a New Type will not push me away.

I don't know if you are talking to me, I just mentioned that girls may like the type better, from marketing aspect.
I don't like the name, but a concept of a new type and type retconning that hasn't been done for 10 years still amazes me.

I think its cool they added a new type. That is all. xD

I'd say that the source(s) which predicted both the fairy type and the effectiveness against dragon probably have their other predictions corroborated.

Yup, it is, considering it kicks dragons' butt and that Sylveon's type is revealed...

Also, I agree that Fairy is better than Fey since the target group is childern, especially girls (who would like more a Fairy-type than boys).

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but I'm pretty sure Pokemon is aimed more towards boys than girls. Not that that really matters...

That's what I was trying to say. In order to make it more marketable to girls, we add a Fairy type and a Sylveon.

Will Snubbull become a Fairy-type? It is also the Fairy Pokemon.

What next? We get a pink type? No, I don't think Nintendo was aiming just for girls. Just girls and a certain guy named booster gold. xD

Yup, it is, considering it kicks dragons' butt and that Sylveon's type is revealed...

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but I'm pretty sure Pokemon is aimed more towards boys than girls. Not that that really matters...

That's what I was trying to say. In order to make it more marketable to girls, we add a Fairy type and a Sylveon.

I get you now. Though, I don't personally think that will make it more marketable to girls, I see what you're saying~

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom