• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon-amie: new bonding feature

There are? If so, I agree it is a neat touch. For some reason I'm reminded of Secret of Mana where as your magic levelled up, so did its animation (and, in the endgame, spells levelled up beyond Lv.8 got extra-special animations).

Yep, according to the official English site, Pokemon played with using the Pokemon-amie system will have special cosmetic animations and actions in battle, such as looking at you for advice.

I hope if pokemon love you a lot, they'll do cool things like pick up rare items. That would be bomb.

I hope if pokemon love you a lot, they'll do cool things like pick up rare items. That would be bomb.
Pickup upgrade anyone?

Alternatively: Petting Mesprit.
:sweatlol:

But seriously, I'd wager that just like how Uxie always keeps its eyes shut, Mesprit knows its powers too and the legends about touching it are due to people who've threatened it to the point it has to fight back.

Last edited:
I can now finally pet a Muk, or a Magmar, with a body temperature of 1204 degrees, or Gastly, a ball of gas.

Last edited:
I definitely be pettin' on mah Gastly Fufufu~!

Apparently if you and your pokemon are very friendly it increases the chances of doging attacks and getting critical hits. Which is awesome.

"Even fierce-looking Pokémon will loosen up a bit with the right treatment!"
Does this remind anyone else of Dr. Footstep?
"Not for a moment did I think I would be traveling with a human... If my Pokémon friends were to see me now, they would be shocked. Or would they be envious of me...?"

I know that this has already been mentioned, but I now just realized that it combines the word pokémon with the french mon ami (my friend). I feel dumb XD

Wonder how will I pet a Rotom without getting shocked.

Ha HA, this feature will give Pokemon higher evasion and critical hit rates in battle. I can already hear Smogon and PO crying.
:bawl: "No, that's luck based bullshit and I need more numbers that go up steadily!" :bawl:

I'm gonna pet all my Pokemon and they're all gonna be my friends!
We're gonna be the best friends of Litwick! NO LITWICK, I SAID WE'RE GONNA BE BEST FRIENDS! I DON'T CARE THAT YOU WANNA EAT MY SOUL I'M GONNA PET THE HELL OUTTA YOU!!!
*pats* AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Ha HA, this feature will give Pokemon higher evasion and critical hit rates in battle.
This is disappointing considering that there are far better possibilities to spice things up. Built-in BrightPowder and Scope Lens?

I hope that the effects of the bonding system will at least depend on the species, which is to say that there will be a new kind of base stat (not necessarily a standard one, but rather a bond-related one). Not all Pokémon should benefit from the increased evasion and critical hit ratio.

Jfc I cannot wait to pet the shit out of my Samurott once I get it in the game. It's going to be so uncharacteristically undignified :D

My first reaction was standard "look a new thing I don't like it" but I am actually so excited for it now. I can't wait to play with an Arcanine or literally every single dog pokemon.

I can't believe how detailed these 3D animations are going to be, I was honestly just expecting a few 'moves' in battle, but it looks like each Pokemon is going to act in a variety of ways. Even SMILE

I have never been so excited for a minigame feature before, this looks absolutely ADORABLE. Hopefully they will figure out how to bring your past Pokemon over, so you can spoil your babies with lots of loves and pets that you weren't able to before ;~~~;

I really like the idea of this feature! It definitely should raise friendship levels as well and make friendship evolutions easier to get. Especially for harder ones like Lopunny. Buneary always starts out with ZERO friendship, so it takes awhile to get one to evolve. Despite that, I always used a Lopunny on an in-game team whenever it was possible to get one in the main story, but still, I'd rather have a Lopunny sooner rather than later. ^^

If you guys are wondering how it would be possible to pet a Pokemon like Magmar, what about Slugma and Magcargo? Their bodies are supposed to be VERY hot too. lol

*hopes that old Pokés are transferable so I can pet all mah Dittos*
Imagine that, all of my squooshy friends being pet-able EEEEEEEEEE~

Love this feature! Looks really awesome. Another way to feel closer to your Pokemon. I want to see the eating animations for pokemon that don't seem to have mouths like Bronzong, Magnezone etc. Looking forward to this.
Uh yeah. How exactly am I going to feed a Golett or a Golurk? They have eyes and that's about all.
I've been 'petting' my Pokemon whenever they win a battle for me for the past 10 years of playing...I just give the screen a little tap with the stylus (or in the old days, just rub my thumb over the screen). It just became a thing I did frequently, not sure why. Made me feel closer to the lil buggers, I guess.

Nice to know I'll finally be able to do it properly and that the pokemon will 'feel' it this time, haha

And I LOVE the cute way the pokemon dance and jump around all happy when you pet them!!! ^____^
I'd pat my Golurk on the back or the shoulder if he did a great job. It'll be nice to finally do this and have it count.

I can also barely wait to see the happy reactions of a Golett. Oh dear Arceus, I think I'm gonna die of cute!
the difference here is that musicals sucked.
For me, it depended on who I used. The cuter Mons were kinda "meh" but throwing a serious looking Pokemon on the stage was a hoot. I lost count of how many times I dressed up a Golurk as a girl. I'm surprised that one of them didn't try to whip around and slap me. :evil:
I have never been so excited for a minigame feature before, this looks absolutely ADORABLE. Hopefully they will figure out how to bring your past Pokemon over, so you can spoil your babies with lots of loves and pets that you weren't able to before ;~~~;
Oh dear heavens, THIS! I want to snuggle my Golurk so badly and if I can't, it'll break my heart. ;-;

Though I'm pretty darned sure that they're working on it. I really don't think that they want a repeat of Gen III and besides, they aren't going to reveal everything at once. They want us to twist in the wind a little bit. You know, builds excitement and all that rot.
Gen VI sequel confirmed, Pokemon XXX. Who else is excited for all that rule 34 to join the official canon.
:runs away screaming:

In all seriousness, I have been waiting for something like this for a very long time. When Prime told me about this, I was more excited over this feature than the mention of Sky Battles or Fairy type. Remember, I'm a rescuer at heart and making sure my crew is well taken care of and happy is paramount to me. The happier they are, the better I've done my job and believe me, I am going to spend a lot of time on this.

Oh and you can also high five your Pokemon. The image of a Golett, its little hand raised, begging for a high five is too adorable for words. I canNOT wait for October now.

But please pity my poor husband. He's going to be the one listening to me squee over my Automaton hoard. Think I'll get him an extra large bucket in case he needs to vomit... XD

So they pretty much added a "Tamagotchi" function to the games, reminds me of when I had my own a very long time ago back in the 90s. I honestly have no problem with this feature so long as they do not remove it later, and maybe expand on it and perfect it.

This and the "riding certain Pokemon" bit are a fair replacement for the walking Pokemon.

the difference here is that musicals sucked.
For me, it depended on who I used. The cuter Mons were kinda "meh" but throwing a serious looking Pokemon on the stage was a hoot. I lost count of how many times I dressed up a Golurk as a girl. I'm surprised that one of them didn't try to whip around and slap me. :evil:

I tended to only use the musicals to dress Snivy up in a top hat and cane as God intended Snivy to be.

So they pretty much added a "Tamagotchi" function to the games

Speaking of Tamagotchis, I really hope the feeding of the pokemon is a treat thing and not a required thing. Electronic pets that rely on me for food don't tend to end up loving me very much. My neopets have been starving for about a year and a half now. I'll go back on one day and find they've resorted to cannibalism o__O

This is seriously the cutest feature they've added since pokemon walking with you in HGSS. I cannot WAIT to tickle my Fennekin's chin!! <3

I really hope the feeding of the pokemon is a treat thing and not a required thing.

NO. If it's required, I'll kill myself.

(Now this will sound sexist....but it's not supposed to be)

Is it just me, or is this new feature something added mainly for the female part of the fandom? Of course, I would love to pet my Pokemon too, (like Absol!) but the way some of you guys girls are talking about it makes it seem like you are more excited about it than male players. And GF does try adding things to the game to create more diversity in the fandom... so I think it is one of the reasons.....

(No offense.... if there seemed to be any......)

Fine, I won't take this any further.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom