• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The absolute worst Best Wishes episode to date?

Iris and Ash's battle was the worst battle in the whole series so far. It was the last battle of the competition and it was cheap with no potential at all. I mean they both get to the end and that's it? After all of that crap, that's it? I mean come on!

Saving Darmanitan From the Bell, and Here Comes the Trubbish Squad for me. Both episodes bored me, especially the latter.

Bearing in mind that I haven't seen any of DA yet, Cottonee In Love sticks out as my least favourite.

It was your typical boring Pokémon of the day story, Team Rocket appear purely for the sake of action, but then they lose immediately and the COTD problem is immediately revolved. On top of that Best Wishes manages to make the formula a bit worse because JJM were devoid of personality.

Saving Darmanitan From the Bell, and Here Comes the Trubbish Squad for me. Both episodes bored me, especially the latter.

I actually find the former boring. Infact most of the first few filler's after cilan joins are sorta boring to me.

Every episode that featured Cameron as one of the main characters is the worst for me.

I agree with the Trubbish episode and the Cottonee episode. Those just didn't interest me at all. Another one I found incredibly boring was the Rufflet and Vullaby episode. Those two birds are cute but other than that the episode was just boring, plus the girl constantly falling down got old the first time. There are a few episodes in BW that aren't very interesting but usually the interactions or just the way the main trio acts can be entertaining enough, mostly Cilan.

I love 98% Best Wishes episodes, there are still a few I found at times more in the boring side, some have already been mentioned many times before (Cottonee in Love, UFO for Elgyem, Where Did You Go Audino) - the others I didn't enjoy as much (I would watch them again if I was watching episodes in order) are
• "Unrest at the Nursery!" Rufflet & Vullaby (I don't like their design much) and how Layla kept falling down - it was only funny & exciting for me when Bianca did it.
• "Lost at the League!" I really didn't enjoy the filler much, just wished the episode had been skipped and continue the Unova League (which were more exciting than this filler)
• "The Light of Floccesy Ranch!" not too excited.
• "The Fires of a Red-Hot Reunion!" found a bit boring, large portions of the episode talk-talk-talk, and
my least favorite of all episodes is one that has not been dubbed in English, Ash & Butterfree (B.W. DA 130), I personally found it boring and disappointing - I didn't enjoy the story line.

Last edited:
Any episode of Da! released till now that isn't ep 8 or ep 9. I liked them both.

All of them I did enjoy the episodes where Ash, Iris, and Cilan would catch a new Pokemon though.

The Lonely Deino!. Oh God, that shit was terrible.
And something has to be really, really bad to make me say anything like that.

That was the ultimate troll of an episode. One of the shittiest episodes ever.

They reused that Jump guy's design from the Hoenn League for one of the characters, too. I hated that guy!

"OK, OK, OK, what's happening?" = -_-

Last edited:
Absolute worst BW episode EVER? The last time I checked (I stoped by Episode N finale), the onix one from season 2. God, I hated with no end that Dawn + Iris = Instant BFF + dual "kodomo ne". And no, I don't need any reason/reasoning to it. Deal wth it.

Everything in "Da" is pretty much the worst episodes for me. No offense but I'm trying to enjoy the rest of BW but I can't seeing that since there is barely anything to watch anymore.

Everything in "Da" is pretty much the worst episodes for me. No offense but I'm trying to enjoy the rest of BW but I can't seeing that since there is barely anything to watch anymore.

I have to agree with you. Very few episodes in Da have peaked my interest. Which is a shame, because I enjoyed Episode N.

Every single episode in the Da arc. I know that it's supposed to be a string of tropical fillers to get people in the mood for XY but they didnt have to make it so boring and pound in the uselessness with more needless pika/axew/starter promotions.

Alternatively every single episode after o$awott's capture.

Every single episode in the Da arc. I know that it's supposed to be a string of tropical fillers to get people in the mood for XY but they didnt have to make it so boring and pound in the uselessness with more needless pika/axew/starter promotions.

Good, so it's not just me. I've only liked 2-3 of the episodes so far I've seen in the whole Da arc. I'm not sure which saga has disappointed me more: BWS2 (with nothing next to it) or this one...

I take back the comments I made on the Darmanitan and Trubbish eps...since I liked BWS1 better than most of Da and BWS2 (again, NOT Episode N, the one without the subheading).

Absolute worst BW episode EVER? The last time I checked (I stoped by Episode N finale), the onix one from season 2. God, I hated with no end that Dawn + Iris = Instant BFF + dual "kodomo ne". And no, I don't need any reason/reasoning to it. Deal wth it.

That was definitely a bad episode. I absolutely disliked how Dawn and Iris were instant BFFs and how Dawn said Iris' catchphrase, especially when it felt so out of character.

I haven't seen any of the Da arc episodes yet since I watch through the dub, but I'd have to go with Lost At The League. Not only was it another Axew is missing/in trouble episode, as if we need another one of those, but it was a filler episode in the middle of a League. After how much they rushed through Unova, ruined so much potential they could have had with the characters and their Pokemon, seeing an actual filler episode in the middle of a League was just plain horrible. I would have much rather see Ash's battle with the nameless character or using that episode to train. That would have been a more effective way of using their time.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom