• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you want in Gen 6?

I thought rippling water Pokemon only appeared with the fishing rod? In that case, Gen V's waters only gave you the Pokes you get from surfing.

Also, to support @brentoni;, there's a lot of rivers in this region, so I think this is a reason we could get a rod earlier in the game.
Anyway, I still hope we do regardless.

Rippling water can be used for Surfing or fishing.

Anyway, you're missing the point of what I was saying. In 5th gen, we had Surfing AND fishing AND rippling water for both. For every patch of water in the game. That is a ton of slots to fill, and you'd need literally dozens of Water type families to keep the distribution from being too repetitive. It just wouldn't work if all of that was in the regional dex, that's why they made fishing post game. The fact that Kalos has lots of rivers makes it even more likely that they will continue this trend. The existence of rippling water is to blame here, so if you want fishing back in the main game, something needs to be done about that.

I just want a decent 3D battling game for Generation VI, seeing that V didn't have one. I want something better than the God-awful Pokémon Battle Revolution. And do you know what? It's not hard.

-Don't make Player 2 have to wait for Player 1 to choose their move, and let them hide the moves like in Pokémon Stadium 1 and 2. It's ridiculous everyone gets to see each other's moves. The same goes for selecting the Pokémon. Player 2 shouldn't have to wait for Player 1 to choose.
-Add mini-games again. I don't know, 10-15 mini-games would be okay. One gets tired of battling and battling and battling all the time, you know?
-Add more cups and challenges (I reckon Battle Revolution excelled at this).
-Let 4 players participate in Double Battles.

That's all it would need to be better than Battle Revolution. They've done it already with Stadium 1 and Stadium 2.

I don't want to see another Stadium/Battle Revolution type game again, there's no point anymore. The appeal in battling on the big screen is diminished now that the main games have 3D graphics, anything that they could do with such a game would be better off simply as XY DLC or something along those lines. I want to see another Colosseum/XD type game if they want to make a new battling game for 6th gen.

I want for Water Battles to be restricted to Pokémon that can actually swim (and vice versa for Land Battles, though with the Magikarp in the trailer battling on land chances are low), just like Sky Battles are for Pokémon who can Fly and Levitate. Another option is a new mechanic that temporarily changes the battle area until you are done with said battle, an example of this is say you are about to battle with a Sharpedo on land when you throw the Pokémon out a pond appears for that Pokémon to battle in and the same for a Pokémon such as Donphan battling on water a sizeable piece of land would appear. I know I am not the only who laughs when a Pokémon as heavy as Groudon is thrown out to battle on water and does not sink (or causes a tsunami XD), especially with the sound heavy Pokémon make when thrown out of their Poké Ball in the 5th Gen games.

This all of course is just my opinion so no harsh judgement.

Even with rippling water, they could come up with an "ultra rod" or something, which would be the only one that works on rippling water, and is only available post-game.

I'm constantly amazed at how uncreative GF can be sometimes. -_-

Gamefreak creates atleast 100 new Pokemon every new generation that is released, not to mention new regions, new characters, new villains and new plots. They have created one of the world's most recognised video games series of all time, but yes, I can see why not introducing an 'ultra rod' (which, by the way, after old rod, good rod and super rod, isn't a creative idea at all) makes Gamefreak uncreative.

I hope they bring back the rods early, instead of having just 1 rod in the postgame like gen 5.

Depends on what they do with Water type distribution. They were relegated to post game in 5th gen because of rippling water, having that plus the fishing rods would've been redundant and you'd be seeing a lot more distribution spam in water areas.

I thought the reason the rod was post game was more to do with the distribution of pokemon from previous gens, such as poliwag. I still think having rods would be good since the different types of rod can be used to control level distribution.

I think a better way of dealing with the water would be to have depth matter again. Along the shores the sand could yield pokémon, with different species found by fishing/surfing the deeper water. That way you could find, oh I don't know, Krabby and Shellder etc on the shore, Basculin in the freshwater, Seel in the sea, that kind of thing. It's unlikely to happen, I know

The Third Version of Pokemon X & Y to be like Digimon World Re Digitize !
With Similar Gamleplay & Animated Demo .

I thought the reason the rod was post game was more to do with the distribution of pokemon from previous gens, such as poliwag.

That's part of it, they figured out that it's better to have at least one fishing rod post game to help with Water type distribution. But if that were indeed the only reason why, they'd do what they did in DPPt and give us the first two in the main game.

I still think having rods would be good since the different types of rod can be used to control level distribution.

Or they could just base the level distribution on timing like they usually do. We shouldn't be seeing Lv. 25 stuff appear in late game water routes anyway.

I'd like the PokeDex to give out a bit of a Pokemon's description text when you see it, without capturing it. Maybe just a sentence or one page. And capturing the Pokemon would unlock more info.

1. A rework of TELEPORT, making it the Psychic version of PROTECT, changing its PP and effect to match it. Change the OOB (Out Of Battle) effect to allow one to escape from a building the way dig allows you to escape from caves.

2. A POW 90/95 ACC 100 special Flying type attack, maybe call it SYLPH, CYCLONE or TORNADO or something. Let it have a 30% of Confusing the target. My poor Xatu has no good Flying STAB attack.

3. A rework of HM and other OOB skills. Add a stat section/page that retains OOB effects, maybe up to 4, even after the move has been removed or deleted. Teach SURF, gains the Move and OOB effect. Teach CRABHAMMER over SURF, retain the OOB effect of SURF until. Deletion of OOB skills possible at Pokecenters, to prevent accidentally over teaching a skill that you need to progress. This would make the game and post-game more enjoyable to me at least, completely removing the need to have HM slaves.

4. More extensive dive areas, not just a route or two, maybe even a dungeon underwater. Add a new water-breather Key Item, like the Go-Goggles.

5. I need a good evolving Psychic/Fire, a new Psychic/Ground, and maybe a Psychic/Dragon type. And would love a Psychic/Ghost type, maybe an evolution for Hypno. That would be crazy, and brings me to #6.

6. A Psychic/Ghost evolution of Hypno. Make him bigger and badder, with maybe a ragged cloak and hood. Give him an exclusive attack that is a Psychic version of SPORE. And even give him as a dream ability Bad Dreams. I know it sounds overpowered, but its nothing a Dark type couldn't one-shot.

Why is everybody talking about Water Battles? Have they been confirmed and I missed it or do people just want them to exist?

Why is everybody talking about Water Battles? Have they been confirmed and I missed it or do people just want them to exist?

Last time I checked, Water Battles haven't been confirmed yet. People just want them to exist because Surfing has been around since 1st gen and we've been able to battle in water routes for no reason, but we've never been able to battle in the sky.

Last time I checked, Water Battles haven't been confirmed yet. People just want them to exist because Surfing has been around since 1st gen and we've been able to battle in water routes for no reason, but we've never been able to battle in the sky.

Unfortunately I think this explanation of why we want water battles also explains why we cant have them. Sky battles are optional due to the limitations on pokemon types, but for water battles they would have to make all battles while surfing optional or the player would be using a limited party for all water routes and any other place they surf.

I wouldn't mind actually being able to become the champion in a Pokemon game. I mean, as long as they bring back the Telephone function of the PokeGear (would make managing champion-hood much easier).

What should happen is, you beat the champion, become the actual new champion (instead of being in name only with a plaque on the Wall/Hall) and various Trainer classes challenge you with strong teams every few days or so.

Training would be easier (but the battles would be very hard) and you won't be confined to a small room like the E4 NPCs, instead you could be a roaming champion like Steven did sometimes.

Every few days, different randomly generated teams and trainers would call you from the telephone function of whatever Pokegear-like device you use now, and would get your current location and would appear there at that location and challenge you.

E.g. You're at the sprawling metropolis city of the game, and you get a call that Trainer James wants to challenge you for a spot as Champion, he finds out you're at the big city and then he appears, probably at the Poke Center or something. Then you battle him, where he was a full team of quite strong pokemon with various high levels (i.e 80-9X)
If James won (unlikely ;) ), then you would lose your title as champion and would have to challenge James yourself to regain the title back.
If you won, then you keep the title and in a day or two, you get another call from a prospective challenger.

It'd keep the game somewhat fresh, as long as they only called during the daytime, and would give the appearance of a more dynamic world rather than you beat the champion and that's it, he stays champion no matter what.

If Sky battles are available, then I definitely want to see Underwater battles (after using Dive), restricted to Water-types or pokemon with special abilities regarding to water.

If Sky battles are available, then I definitely want to see Underwater battles (after using Dive), restricted to Water-types or pokemon with special abilities regarding to water.
I really don't see how it would make sense for them to now limit something that was easily doable for all pokemon in gen III. If they were to introduce diving battles, I feel like it's something they would have shown along with flying battles. It's not like they would now limit surfing battles to water types and flying types just because that's what would actually make sense, simply because it's always been that way.

1. I think some memorable music should be in the new Generation, because the music in the past generation really didn't have any. I think there is a lot of potential with music with the improved software and such. It should kinda be like Generation 3, because the music in that generation is very different, but nice.

2. The Pokemon in the last Generation were kind of over-designed in my opinion, so I'm hoping for slightly simpler designs.

3. Restrictions on the GTS! If I see another person wanting a level one Mewtwo, I'm going to jump off a cliff.

4. I want them to break the pattern they seem to have fallen into. In Generation 1, they had Growlithe and Arcanine. In Generation 2 they had Houndour and Houndoom. Generation 3 was Poochyena and Mightyena. I'm not sure what Generation 4 was, but I'm thinking it was Shinx, Luxio, and Luxray. Then Generation 5 is Lillipup, Herdier, and Stoutland. All of these Pokemon have one thing in common, they are all dog-like. In every Generation, there was also rodent-like and cat-like Pokemon. It seems they force themselves to abide by these guidelines. I want them to break away from that.

5. The option of Multiplayer. It has always seemed like a lonely world in Pokemon, because there is no one else with you to play with. Imagine, exploring the world with a friend.

My excitement for this Generation is at an all time high. In fact, I was starting to lose interest in Pokemon, but the announcement for this Pokemon game revived my interest for it. This is definitely a revival of the Pokemon series.

I want to be able to trade Pokemon in without needing the first Badge. I usually like bringing in my own "starter" and I hate having to wait for about 20 minutes before I can even trade its egg in.

And (I know this is a long shot) I'd like a sort of a "reverse incense" held item to give Pokemon in order to prevent them from creating baby Pokemon. I could give a Pikachu or Raichu the item, and they would have a Pikachu instead of a Pichu. That way, I can have a Pikachu as my theoretical starter instead of a shitty Pichu that I have to raise.

I want to be able to trade Pokemon in without needing the first Badge. I usually like bringing in my own "starter" and I hate having to wait for about 20 minutes before I can even trade its egg in.
That's depended on the game -- you could do that in Hoenn, for example. In G5 it was partly so you couldn't sequence-break into the Dreamyard using Cut (since you don't need Unova badges for HM moves).

13. Restrictions on the GTS! If I see another person wanting a level one Mewtwo, I'm going to jump off a cliff.
Yeah, the search/deposit system on the GTS is all but broken because of junk like this. They really need something where you can select one of your Pokemon and "appraise" it (show all trades requesting for your species/level of Pokemon in exchange). Until then, we have Negotiations, which operates exactly like local trading (minus being in the same room as the other person).

4. I want them to break the pattern they seem to have fallen into. In Generation 1, they had Growlithe and Arcanine. In Generation 2 they had Houndour and Houndoom. Generation 3 was Poochyena and Mightyena. I'm not sure what Generation 4 was, but I'm thinking it was Shinx, Luxio, and Luxray. Then Generation 5 is Lillipup, Herdier, and Stoutland. All of these Pokemon have one thing in common, they are all dog-like. In every Generation, there was also rodent-like and cat-like Pokemon. It seems they force themselves to abide by these guidelines. I want them to break away from that.

The Shinx/Luxray family are actually lions. Not dogs. And they rock.

5. The option of Multiplayer. It has always seemed like a lonely world in Pokemon, because there is no one else with you to play with. Imagine, exploring the world with a friend.
The upcoming Player Search System might do something to address this. But if by "multiplayer" you mean actual, realtime co-op (e.g. progress through the story with another player tag-teaming with your party), I don't see that happening.

That's depended on the game -- you could do that in Hoenn, for example. In G5 it was partly so you couldn't sequence-break into the Dreamyard using Cut (since you don't need Unova badges for HM moves).
Yeah, I should have clarified and said that only applied to Gen V. Gen IV games were also free from this restriction, and that's why I usually play them more. I don't see why they couldn't have made Cut require you having the Badge to move on.

There are plenty of ways to keep from sequence breaking without restricting trading, which just makes the restrictions of Gen V so irritating to me.

Back
Top Bottom