• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Global Link for Generation V games to shut down Jan. 14: To be replaced by Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Global Link for Generation V games to shut down Jan. 14: To be replaced by Genera

No no no no no! Not the medals! I love to collect medals, they're little achievements; I need to start asap!

I'm starting now, but I don't know if I'll make it for the 50/100 DW Pokemon medals in time :S

Re: Global Link for Generation V games to shut down Jan. 14: To be replaced by Genera

No no no no no! Not the medals! I love to collect medals, they're little achievements; I need to start asap!

I'm starting now, but I don't know if I'll make it for the 50/100 DW Pokemon medals in time :S

There's enough days left (160ish), it just depends on how often you can go on.

I hope I get better Internet connection before then. I've yet to try Black Version 2 online.

There's enough days left (160ish), it just depends on how often you can go on.

I'm aiming on (at least) once a day.

Seems more like they're hyping up fear.

Last edited:

Question, does this mean that I'll have to re-register my username for the X/Y Global Link? Let's say my B/W Global Link username is "Fennekin", does this mean that when the X/Y Global Link opens, anyone will be able to get that username or will it be automatically mine since i used it before?

From the wording of the announcement ("...will be able to carry over certain achievements and records [...] if they register for the new Pokémon Global Link using their existing user name.") it seems that way. However, it's been so long since I registered that I forget if it just automatically uses your Pokemon Trainer Club username when you do.
Well that sucks! What if someone registers your username before you do? Do they get your achievements and records?
Maybe they reserve that username to your Trainer Club account? I agree though, it seems like a poor way to set it up.

It uses your Trainer Club username....so as long as its associated with the same trainer club account I assume there's no problem.

Ah, okay. It was so long ago that I signed up for Global Link that I couldn't remember if you got to pick a different one for it.

Well I'm new here (Well sort of since this account was registered on January) I just log in and try to say my own opinion about this.
Well I don't know why they need to shutdown the server since they can easily integrate the 2 global link services on 2 separate website. One for gen 5 and one for gen 6, But They maybe trying to make us to buy XY since all of the game feature is now gone.
For started they can remove the 1 hour limit for all user since the service will shutdown and everyone have to make haste into finishing any UN-finished business to their account, Second it only got it's life time for over 3 years maybe, third like I say before they can still run 2 global link server on a separate site or servers, And forth they can still put some feature in there like the customization and some feature online.
so there is no problem that game-freak may faced if they will put XY into the game and decide to shutdown the services.
But in my calculation they can still change their decision at any time so if you want act now.

And now the only question is Why Now?
You may try to petition game freak or Nintendo to keep the global link online, Just like what is happening right now on removal of region lock in their product.

Right now I'm doing the final preparation on retrieving all item that was left in my account.
Like taking photo to my home and sending all the stuff and pokemon in there and of course the final customization.

It just my opinion so don't take it too seriously.

Last edited:

The dream world will be shut down? ...all the work we put into the dream world will be gone. That's not something I'm looking forward to after all the work I put into it. :-(

I agree with some of the other people who want to get rid of the 1 hour limit.

Question, does this mean that I'll have to re-register my username for the X/Y Global Link? Let's say my B/W Global Link username is "Fennekin", does this mean that when the X/Y Global Link opens, anyone will be able to get that username or will it be automatically mine since i used it before?

From the wording of the announcement ("...will be able to carry over certain achievements and records [...] if they register for the new Pokémon Global Link using their existing user name.") it seems that way. However, it's been so long since I registered that I forget if it just automatically uses your Pokemon Trainer Club username when you do.
Well that sucks! What if someone registers your username before you do? Do they get your achievements and records?
Maybe they reserve that username to your Trainer Club account? I agree though, it seems like a poor way to set it up.

It uses your Trainer Club username....so as long as its associated with the same trainer club account I assume there's no problem.

Ah, okay. It was so long ago that I signed up for Global Link that I couldn't remember if you got to pick a different one for it.
When I registered for Global Link, I had to pick a username, Fennekin wasn't automatically mine.

will i still be able to trade pokemon and use the GTS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom