• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

First look at the XY 3DS XL!

Joshawott

The Possibly Fake
Reaction score
Source

main.png

Damn that is pretty. It comes with a 4GB memory card and a pre-installed copy of Pokémon X or Pokémon Y.

Far out that's awesome. I kind of hope it isn't released outside Japan now because I only bought an XL not long ago and I'll want to buy this!

I bought the Pikachu XL >>.

If this does come out in Europe, I'll trade in my regular 3DS.

They both look awesome! It's a shame that Yveltal's on the bottom of the Golden one. Who's ever gonna look at the bottom of their 3DS?

Depending on how you handle your system when picking it up to turn it on and the like, you'd get a good few seconds at best unless you're knowingly admiring it or inspecting it for dirt and such. Otherwise, it'd be more of a thing to catch the eye of those passing by.

Both look great btw, I hope the west gets to see one of them.

They both look awesome! It's a shame that Yveltal's on the bottom of the Golden one. Who's ever gonna look at the bottom of their 3DS?

As I would guess sadly enough, the Gold one is just an exclusive to be sold at the Pokémon Centers in Japan :(

Hopefully they somehow consider bringing it outside of Japan, they'd definitely would have people lined up ready to buy it.

I have a Zelda original 3DS, but no harm in having 2, right? Well, Hopefully we get them, probably not.

Is it just gold and blue? A red one would be fitting.

They're both gorgeous, but that gold one really takes the biscuit. They're really going all out for this.

I saw a black D/P DS lite sitting at a game shop the other day. Was really tempted to get it, but ... nah.

I saw a black D/P DS lite sitting at a game shop the other day. Was really tempted to get it, but ... nah.
It's nothing special. Really just a black DS lite with Dialga and Palkia on top. There's nothing else to it (nothing with the buttons, the back, etc)

The gold one is gorgeous.

My question is, why always the XL/LL? Why doesn't the regular size 3DS get any love?

My question is, why always the XL/LL? Why doesn't the regular size 3DS get any love?

They probably want to plug in the newest 3DS system.

I absolutely love the blue one. The giant X and Y right over Xerneas and Yveltal is so cool. I already have a regular 3DS and I'll be pre-ordering physical copies of the games, but dang, it is so painfully tempting. It's just too awesome.

Because it's outdated by the XL now just like how the DSi did the DS and DSLite.

And in all honesty, there's no reason for anyone to buy the normal 3DS now. The XL pretty much completely outdoes it. It's only a little bit bigger for a lot more screen space. Looking at 3DS' now, I don't know how I used to enjoy such a small screen.

I actually don't like the gold one tbh. The blue one is amazing, but I can't see why they wouldn't do a red counterpart :/

The original 3DS is considered "old" now, and Nintendo wants to latch onto the XL as it's main 3DS system. Much like how despite all of the DS systems, the DS lite is the one that received the most special editions and other promotional stuff.

I personally think the XL is ugly, and the extra screen space isn't worth the loss of mobility (you'd need some big hoodie pockets or jeans with deep pockets, to say the least)

aaaaaaaaahhhh I would kill for either one of these but I'd really much rather a physical copy of the game. If they are announced to be released here I definitely will consider purchasing either though, they look incredible.

It makes sense. The XL is the newest one and as such GameFreak would want to focus on that. There's also the possibility that creating limited edition 3DS' for both the normal 3DS and the XL, most of the sales would come from the XL anyway.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom