• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Smash Discussion Thread (SEE FIRST POST!)

Re: Pokemon Smash Discussion Thread

I also want to see the different flower colors. I wonder how the colors will be generated? Like generated randomly from available colors, like Spinda's spots, or if there are a couple different colors, maybe related to IVs or something. I'm interested in how much variety there really is (or isn't).

I figure it'd be something similar to Spinda's spots and that the colors will be randomly generated. I'm also curious about how much variety there will be with the flowers. I don't expect too much. 4-5 colors would be decent for me.

I wondered about that in the Pokemon thread. They could do the 256 color scale, something like this. Maybe cutting out some of the duller variations of colors.

genius.gif

Today's Pokémon Smash showed battles between Litleo & Ursaring and Flabébé & Druddigon, here are those battles...

View attachment 88318 View attachment 88319

View attachment 88320 View attachment 88321

I think that the Ursaring and Druddigon models look really good to be honest. Also I think that Litleo's tail looks really fluffy and fluid here and that the artwork's tail was probably just a style choice, not that I'm against a Manticore Pokémon or anything, it's just that people swear left and right that that's what it'll become.

Thanks for posting the .gifs. The models look really good indeed! You are right about Litleo's tail, it looks less like a scorpion's tail in its 3D model, which is a shame, at least to me. I wasn't swearing left and right that Litleo would evolve into a Manticore, but I won't deny that that is what I am wishing for. I am a sucker for mythology, Pokémon based on myths and Pokémon with unique and unusual types, so Fire/Poison would be great. I really want to like this Pokémon, but currently it looks so bad, boring and bland. xD

Today's Pokémon Smash showed battles between Litleo & Ursaring and Flabébé & Druddigon, here are those battles...

View attachment 88318 View attachment 88319

View attachment 88320 View attachment 88321

I think that the Ursaring and Druddigon models look really good to be honest. Also I think that Litleo's tail looks really fluffy and fluid here and that the artwork's tail was probably just a style choice, not that I'm against a Manticore Pokémon or anything, it's just that people swear left and right that that's what it'll become.

Thanks for posting the .gifs. The models look really good indeed! You are right about Litleo's tail, it looks less like a scorpion's tail in its 3D model, which is a shame, at least to me. I wasn't swearing left and right that Litleo would evolve into a Manticore, but I won't deny that that is what I am wishing for. I am a sucker for mythology, Pokémon based on myths and Pokémon with unique and unusual types, so Fire/Poison would be great. I really want to like this Pokémon, but currently it looks so bad, boring and bland. xD

No problem :)

I agree with you that a Manticore Pokémon would be great and I would definitely take it in with open arms, especially with such a unique Typing such as Fire/Poison (plus the ability Levitate XD). To be honest I have an overall good feeling with Litleo and I hope his final evolution shocks and awes everyone.

I'm still fairly convinced of a manticore evo, even if it's tail doesn't look too barbed in game. There's always discrepancies between the models and artwork, and I personally trust the artwork more.

The models do still look good though. Glad to see things like ears and stuff are actually round and not jaggy like I feared.

Flabébé is so cute! I can't wait to see its evolution.

Part of the reason for the whole manticore rumor is because we already have lions in Pokemon -- the Luxray family. TPC wouldn't just base the Litleo family on ordinary lions "BUT WITH FIRE!", would they?

Part of the reason for the whole manticore rumor is because we already have lions in Pokemon -- the Luxray family. TPC wouldn't just base the Litleo family on ordinary lions "BUT WITH FIRE!", would they?
And we already have a lion with fire - Entei.

And we already have a lion with fire - Entei.

Yeah, although Entei isn't just an ordinary "lion, but with fire" either, since it is based on "Lions of Foo". Lets not forget that a lot of people still think that the legendary beasts are dogs, so the idea of Litleo being the first lion in Pokémon is quite common.

...so the idea of Litleo being the first lion in Pokémon is quite common.

Yes ... except for that part about not actually being the first lion in Pokemon. Yes, Litleo is the first one officially labelled as a Lion (okay, Young Lion) Pokemon, but species labels have been misleading before (e.g. "Legendary" Arcanine and "Plump Mouse" Bidoof).

We have both Moltres and Ho-oh based on the phoenix as well as Meowth/Skitty being cats and both of those share the same typing on top of that. So it has happened before, in fact if Litleo is a lion again at least they bothered to give it a different typing. :p

Who cares if they've done a lion before. By the time Litleo is fully-evolved it's not going to look like Entei or Luxray (which is a lynx-lion hybrid btw) nor is it going to have the same type combination as them. They've repeated concepts with different types before; I don't know why it's suddenly a problem with Litleo.

I feel like I'm the only person who's not interested in constantly comparing Litleo to the Shinx line and actually looking forward to seeing it evolve into a huge firey-mane lion.
frown.gif

Entei is a legendary lion-dog Pokemon, Shinx line is lynx-sphinx referenced and Litleo's evolution will either be taking the direction of a manticore or just a fire-lion. We have plenty of different fish, bird, dog and cat Pokemon, so what's the big deal? They won't end up the same. I think you'd be more worried if you got another Flying/Normal type bird.

But who said Litleo being a lion is a problem? I might have skipped the post. I just said that it isn't the first lion in the series, like some people are claiming it to be. Personally, I'd rather get a new lion-based Pokémon like Litleo instead of more freaking dogs, domestic cats and boring fishes. I just hope Litleo evolves into something that isn't a simple 'lion in flames'.

But who said Litleo being a lion is a problem? I might have skipped the post. I just said that it isn't the first lion in the series, like some people are claiming it to be. Personally, I'd rather get a new lion-based Pokémon like Litleo instead of more freaking dogs, domestic cats and boring fishes. I just hope Litleo evolves into something that isn't a simple 'lion in flames'.

Someone said that since there have already been lions, a simple lion "but with fire!" would be unoriginal and thus, it has to be a manticore to keep it fresh.

Personally, as much as I'd enjoy the manticore Pokémon, a "simple" lion on fire would still be cool.

Someone said that since there have already been lions, a simple lion "but with fire!" would be unoriginal and thus, it has to be a manticore to keep it fresh. Personally, as much as I'd enjoy the manticore Pokémon, a "simple" lion on fire would still be cool.

Oh, right, you guys are referring to that post. Well, I disagree, not because there are already lions in the series, but because I hardly enjoy "simple" Pokémon.

Yeah but how simple can Litleo be, I mean by design it doesn't look too WOWZERS yet (it's just cute) but come on it's the first FIRE/NORMAL type! I think that's interesting enough!

I foresee Litleo fitting into a similar niche as Shinx though, as just an early pokemon that isn't the generic normal, flying, and bug types. I think a manticore final evolution seems a bit too complex for an early route pokemon. If it ends up being a pseudo legendary or even a Kibago equivalent, a manticore would work, but if it's an early route alternative for people who didn't pick Fennekin, a lion with flames is ok in my book.

But the early route Fennekin replacement would be Fletchling, wouldn't it?

Luxray (which is a lynx-lion hybrid btw)
[citation needed]

We have plenty of different fish, bird, dog and cat Pokemon, so what's the big deal?
Go ask the people who are complaining about Vivillon being "yet another butterfly Pokemon". Lions are a single species, not a group (genus or family).

Someone said that since there have already been lions, a simple lion "but with fire!" would be unoriginal and thus, it has to be a manticore to keep it fresh.
I don't think I was taking it that far... I do agree that Litleo will not play out the same as Shinx (if only due to typing), even if it also has a three-stage evolutionary line and is based only on ordinary lions.

Back
Top Bottom