• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hitotsuki's English name revealed!: Localised name "Honedge" confirmed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Hitotsuki's English name revealed!: Localised name "Honedge" confirmed!

After appearing in a special video recorded by Junichi Masuda at Japan Expo yesterday, The Pokémon Company International has announced the English name of Hitotsuki, a new Steel/Ghost-type Pokémon that appeared during the presentation.

Read more on Bulbanews

hone edge... pretty clever

expect a fair share of these to be nicknamed pwnage
Pwnage the Honedge

Last edited:
Actually, I expect a good portion of the Honedge population to be nicknamed stuff like "Excalibur", "Soul Edge", "MastrSword", "Keyblade", "Andúril", and possibly even "Lightsaber". Hell, let's throw "Damocles" in there.

Gotta say, I love the story behind it. A regular sword that became possessed by a spirit. Anyone who unwittingly grabs it, thinking it's a sword, will have their energy drained. Spooky and cool at the same time. This Mon HAS to be on my team now! It's just too cool to pass up.

Not really a fan of the name, but I'll get used to it. I'm nicknaming it "Excaliboo". :p

I don't like this name at all. The French name, Monorpale, sounds better than this! xD

I don't care if it doesn't technically have a "claw", this thing must learn Hone Claws.

Because of the flavor text implying about the other abilities the ghost has besides wielding the sword it is stuck in, I'm honestly more interested on that sort of moves it could learn.
I'm not sure about many ghost-related draining moves beyond Dream Eater (which is Psychic, but still), but I guess that's one thing it could have. I can see it with things like Mean Look and even Curse too.

Makes me wonder if it might have moderately high special attack, too.

Not really a fan of the name, but I'll get used to it. I'm nicknaming it "Excaliboo". :p
Scaryboor?
Although I think Hexcalibur sounded the coolest. It'd be cool if this thing learned Hex too.

Honedge. I like it. Simple and it works.
Actually, I expect a good portion of the Honedge population to be nicknamed stuff like "Excalibur", "Soul Edge", "MastrSword", "Keyblade", "Andúril", and possibly even "Lightsaber". Hell, let's throw "Damocles" in there.
I'll go with Rhisling myself. 'Twas the name of Vector Prime's sword...aw, crap! I'll need an extra for my Palkia VectorPrym! (Going for a theme here.)

but... pwnage rhymes with Honedge

You mean Honedge rhymes with Stone Edge. Hehe. It'd be funny if this Pokemon could actually learn that move too. lol

Anyway, not a bad name. Though I don't really get the meaning behind the "hone" part.

You mean Honedge rhymes with Stone Edge. Hehe. It'd be funny if this Pokemon could actually learn that move too. lol

Anyway, not a bad name. Though I don't really get the meaning behind the "hone" part.

"Hone" means to sharpen. So sharpen [the] edge. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom