• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review Mewtwo: The Prologue to its Awakening

OK. This was pretty. Very pretty. But what was the point if Mewtwo could transform from the start? Wouldn't it make more sense to have it awaken for the first time in this special?

All this does is set up for the beginning of the Genesect movie. ...Yay?

I want to know who it is that made another Mewtwo, and HOW they made another Mewtwo.

...I guess I'll take the matter that Klank showed up finally and call it even.

I'm trying not to fly off the handle. It isn't really related, but this is the final one of the 5th gens that needed an anime appearance. Regular anime, I know it was in a movie. For me, this is the pretty much the only satisfying end I can have in this gen and now all I have to do is wait for XY.

I'm trying not to fly off the handle. It isn't really related, but this is the final one of the 5th gens that needed an anime appearance. Regular anime, I know it was in a movie. For me, this is the pretty much the only satisfying end I can have in this gen and now all I have to do is wait for XY.

Still hasn't appeared in an actual episode and Ash has not met one :p

Dunk was sent to capture Myuutwo from its creators, meaning they're still alive. Wonder if those scientists will get a speaking role in the movie.

The whole "this Myuutwo has always been able to transform into its awakened form" thing is annoying. Shouldn't we get some sort of buildup - *anything* - to it being able to transform into this amazingly speedy form? Why does it transform the way it does? Why is this transformation so speedy? Why can it transform so easily? Then again...if the Ichimura Myuutwo can just do whatever the hell it wants (rebuild a lab, conjure up storms, wipe out people's memories, transport a lake underground) then I guess so can the Takashima Myuutwo.

Virgil...was pretty useless here, wasn't here? Also, no Booster or Thunder :(

So simply crushing Monster Balls like they're tin cans is enough to set pokemon free?

I was kind of surprised to see Satoshi and the others at the end. But! In the manga adaptation, Eric does mention that he had heard from Orchid-Hakase that our heroes were going to be in town, so I guess the conversation here in this special is what set all that in motion. Neat.

Lots and lots of music from the Victini movies, which feels kind of weird to me but whatever.

On Virgil's page it says Leafeon used Sand Attack, but it didn't sound like that was what Virgil said in the episode. It also doesn't say that Glaceon or Eevee used the attack. Was that an actual attack or was it just kicking up sand?

Last edited:
On Virgil's page it says Leafeon used Sand Attack, but it didn't sound like that was what Virgil said in the episode. It also doesn't say that Glaceon or Eevee used the attack. Was that an actual attack or was it just kicking up sand?

It was Sand Attack. Even Eevee used it.

Hahaha, so there was no actual explanation? That was not entirely unexpected. Well, I'm still going to watch the special and movie. This doesn't even make me angry anymore, I'm just going to laugh at how nonsensical everything is (not that the original Mewtwo wasn't nonsensical at all). As long as the movie is better than the Manaphy movie, I'm not going to complain.

Hahaha, so there was no actual explanation? That was not entirely unexpected. Well, I'm still going to watch the special and movie. This doesn't even make me angry anymore, I'm just going to laugh at how nonsensical everything is (not that the original Mewtwo wasn't nonsensical at all). As long as the movie is better than the Manaphy movie, I'm not going to complain.

The trailer alone is enough to tell me that this movie will be one of the best movies.

I saw Eevee and Glaceon also kicking up the sand, but their sections on Virgil's page don't say that they used the move while Leafeon's does. I also couldn't tell if Virgil actually said the move's name. But if it really was Sand Attack, then I'm satisfied since the only thing I wanted from this episode was for Leafeon to use a move.

I saw Eevee and Glaceon also kicking up the sand, but their sections on Virgil's page don't say that they used the move while Leafeon's does. I also couldn't tell if Virgil actually said the move's name. But if it really was Sand Attack, then I'm satisfied since the only thing I wanted from this episode was for Leafeon to use a move.
Yes, it was. I can guarantee you that. Although, I am not sure how a simple sand attack can satisfy you :x

This WAS SUPERB, I Really liked this, This was also a Good Start for the Movie on Saturday and I think we can ALL Say that This was an Appearance Of Klang and it has shown ALL THE Unova Pokemon in this Region Right.

So simply crushing Monster Balls like they're tin cans is enough to set pokemon free?

We've seen this before when Jessie crushed Dustox's Poké Ball as she released it in DP to make sure it couldn't back come to her. It does kind of make sense.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom