• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mysterious silhouette appears on Game Freak's website: Unknown if Pokémon related

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Mysterious silhouette appears on Game Freak's website: Unknown if Pokémon related

The official Game Freak website recently unveiled a mysterious silhouette.

Read more on Bulbanews

So... Possible electric horse? Before the horse breed translation, I figured this was going to be Gen 6's Pikachu.

If that's a horse, it has a huge head. :/

It looks like it could definitely be another Pokemon to me though.

I have been able to find nothing about Soriti being a horse breed, and googling it only brings up people asking about it for this exact case. Can someone link to something other than a user just saying that's a horse breed?

It would be cool if its an electric horse. Maybe a cross over for pokemon? One for the main games?

Interested to see what this'll turn out to be, "is about to be reborn thanks to a surprising collaboration" makes me think it's going to be a crossover with another game or franchise as oppose to this being a newly revealed Pokémon. I suppose right now it'd be worth looking into other franchises which... are horse related?

If you're talking about Blitzle and Zebstrika, you're wrong. They're based on zebras, not horses.
Which hasn't stopped Game Freak from making similar Pokemon before.
And besides, those were zebras, not horses.
Same genus (Equus) = close enough = "kinda"
Yes, but they typically don't go for the same "random animal + off-the-wall typing" exactly as before.

I like how Pokemon takes up so much of Game Freak's reputation that every move they make gets Pokemon-related speculation on it. They can't run from the fame, we won't let them!

Interested to see what this'll turn out to be, "is about to be reborn thanks to a surprising collaboration" makes me think it's going to be a crossover with another game or franchise as oppose to this being a newly revealed Pokémon. I suppose right now it'd be worth looking into other franchises which... are horse related?

All I know is that horse races are kind of popular in Japan. I don't think it's necessarily crossovers with other franchises. I can't really think of any notable franchises with horses in them.

It looks like a giraffe.

What if it had, like, a really tiny neck and a really huge head?

Yeah, okay, no.

I'm kind of LOLing at the fact the title links to Unown's BP article.

I'm thinking it's not related to Pokemon. Something about it looks like a stylistically chibi horse to me, which sounds like it would be a good idea for a game but I'm not getting much of a "Pokevibe" from it.

It's a Girafollamapotamus, how can no one see it!?

Fairy/Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom