• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokeshipping General Discussion

I have a question I'd like to ask all of you:

If you all remember this...

[video=youtube;b70GRNYnacI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b70GRNYnacI[/video]

...would you have been happy if this actually happened? Apparently Satoshi Tajiri originally wanted the main characters to age and their journey be rounded off so that the series could follow a new group of characters each season, and this video seems to suggest that Ash and Misty eventually got married and had a daughter which would effectively end the Original Series. Pokéshipping would be indisputably canon, but we wouldn't have seen nearly as much of Ash and Misty in the anime as we do/did in the anime in its current form. What does anyone think about this?

it would believable if that other women with Blue hair wasn't there !
Think about it , She appear in the Movie where Ash & Misty were 10 year old .
And now we see her with Adult Misty and She doesn't have any sign of aging !
That impossible unless she invented a Potion for Ever-youth .
So , My conclusion it that the Misty in this trailer isn't Misty but a adult Women who look like's Misty .
There are a lot of Doppelganger in Pokemon Universe .
Ash had 1 , Brock had 1 , Dawn had 1 , Nurse Joy & Officer Jeny has million of them!
So , I guess Misty also has a Doppelganger who happen to be older then her .
Off-Topic , I wish May had a Doppelganger who has a crush on Ash .
Plus , That little girl there has pink hair .
She look's more the a Daughter of Nurse Joy with her hair down .

Last edited:
So , My conclusion it that the Misty in this trailer isn't Misty but a adult Women who look like's Misty .
Ash had 1 , Brock had 1 , Dawn had 1 , Nurse Joy & Officer Jeny has million of them!

1) The woman with the blue hair was obviously meant to be in the original movie, and must have just been re-written into the new First Movie's plot. I don't think she's supposed to be an older version of herself from the First Movie - especially since the Myutsuu no Gyakushuu movie wasn't even made.
2) You may be right, but given that Pikachu is there and clips containing the 10 year-old Ash and Misty are shown, it's pretty heavily implied that it's Misty.
3) The pink hair doesn't automatically mean that the girl isn't Ash and Misty's daughter - unusual hair colours are characteristic of anime.

1) The woman with the blue hair was obviously meant to be in the original movie, and must have just been re-written into the new First Movie's plot. I don't think she's supposed to be an older version of herself from the First Movie - especially since the Myutsuu no Gyakushuu movie wasn't even made.

A fair amount of the movie had to have been made by then though. Remember, this trailer aired shortly before the seizure incident. That's a lot to rewrite in such a short amount of time. And the series extension was decided before the seizure incident too, the movie release date was clearly intended to coincide with the intended air dates of the tie-in episodes.

The song most likely reflects "Poketto ni Fantajii", hence Voyager (voiced by the singer) and the little girl (little girl in the song). Have no idea why an older Kasumi is there though - that's the part that blows my mind.

My headcanon can't help but picture the little girl as their daughter though, she's just so cute her - her facial structure just looks like a total Satoshi/Kasumi DNA combination to me. It makes my inner shipper go crazy. If not the plot for the first movie, perhaps they were planning on having a time skip like the Gold and Silver games, but opted not to and keep Satoshi the way he is as the main character?

2) You may be right, but given that Pikachu is there and clips containing the 10 year-old Ash and Misty are shown, it's pretty heavily implied that it's Misty.
3) The pink hair doesn't automatically mean that the girl isn't Ash and Misty's daughter - unusual hair colours are characteristic of anime.

The girl's face is a perfect blend of Ash and Misty's design. Who cares about the hair? Daisy, Lily, Violet and Misty's hairs don't match at all.

Long time no see, everyone.

Appropos to the cut epilogue incident, though it'd be cute to envisage it as the ideal situation for me as Pokeshipper, as the canonhood of our shipping being planned, I doubt that. Firstly, the girl herself isn't that alike to either Misty or Miranda, and I understand that this is anime genetics, but usually, for clarity's sake, the child usually is a carbon copy of their parent in Anime. If they wished to showcase that it was Misty's child, they would have done so, but there's no outspoken proof of that. It could easily be Miranda's (as all the clips have both women so it's quite difficult to indicate) or Misty's or even a random child as an advocate of the audience. The Pikachu may not be Ash's, as Pikachu pretty much had become the mascot of the time of this airing, I believe (according to Dogasu's Backpack, it can be estimated at around early 1998). We also have this opinion from the site about it being a "conclusion":

Iwane Masaaki stated that the first series was originally planned to last a year and a half, and since it started in April 1997 that would have put the end date at October 1998 (assuming the Pokemon Shock incident had never taken place, that is). This trailer probably aired in the first four months of 1998 so they still had like half the series to go. It was way, way too early to start promoting the end, especially since the decision to extend it had probably already been made by the time this trailer was created.

While it is just an opinion from a fan, but its logic is something to consider. This can be debated with, however, that there is a proof that the series was not meant to continue on, at least initially, and that the showcasing of an older Misty is simply confusing to promote the series not ending, and if it were not for the conclusion, then why would it be cut? But, it did air before Ash collected all the Gym Badges, so it is odd to place it there.

There's not really anything solid backing up either argument, I s'pose, but I like being on the safe side.

Ive been wondering about that trailer for awhile now.. the girl with the pink hair does have a resemblence to ash and misty,she aswell has sum thing on her cheeks that ash has but really smaller and kinda drawn differently

Um, hi. Even though I made this account years ago I never posted here. *sad* I've been a Pokeshipper forever, and I love fanfiction. :)

@FANG-TAN Is this an anime screenshot book too?

D1000913_t.jpg

I've wondered about it for years. Thanks for posting those pics btw.

That woman is also an adult. We don't how old she is, but it's perfectly possible for a adult's character design not to change that much between say 25 and 40 and still be somewhat realistic. We don't know how old Misty is either, she could look as old as she does in that picture as early as her late teens.

The girl's face is a perfect blend of Ash and Misty's design. Who cares about the hair? Daisy, Lily, Violet and Misty's hairs don't match at all.

Yeah, but it's more complicated than that. Lily has pink hair. She is also Misty's sister. Theoretically speaking we don't know if Misty inherited the gene for that or not. In fact a child could have red, black, blonde, blue, pink, or brown hair depending on Ash and Misty's genes, so... It doesn't prove anything either way. ^ ^

Last edited:
@FANG-TAN Is this an anime screenshot book too?

I've wondered about it for years. Thanks for posting those pics btw.
No. That's a "This is Animation" book. They're basically a series of anime artbooks (containing story guides, character art and bios, screenshots, production art and notes, etc.), and they're not specifically just for Pokemon either (I've seen some for Miyazaki movies and Doraemon). As you can see, the one in your image is for the Orange Islands saga of the Pocket Monsters anime.

And you're welcome. :) I'll share even more cute SatoKasu pictures I find in the future. Also, welcome to the thread - I remember you from the PokeShipping thread on SPPf.

Last edited:

Yeah, but it's more complicated than that. Lily has pink hair. She is also Misty's sister. Theoretically speaking we don't know if Misty inherited the gene for that or not. In fact a child could have red, black, blonde, blue, pink, or brown hair depending on Ash and Misty's genes, so... It doesn't prove anything either way. ^ ^

Welcome to the thread, Yoshi-kun!

If we want to talk genetics and anime hair, it's a lot more complicated than that. Long story short: after making some assumptions about their genetics and assuming that pink and blue hair work the same way that red hair does in real life, Ash and Misty's kid could indeed have a hair color with a very similar shade of pink to that seen in the trailer. However, their kid couldn't have blue hair; if they did, Misty's hair would be a combination of blue and mostly orange, which ends up looking like red-violet (pink works because the combination of pink and mostly orange just looks like orange). If anyone really wants to hear the full explanation of this, feel free to PM me. Be warned: if the particulars of genetics don't interest you, it's probably boring.

But actually, anime genetics are arbitrary, and I'm sure none of the Pokemon character artist gave a second thought to genetics, whether or not the girl is Ash and Misty's daughter.

No. That's a "This is Animation" book. They're basically a series of anime artbooks (containing story guides, character art and bios, screenshots, production art and notes, etc.), and they're not specifically just for Pokemon either (I've seen some for Miyazaki movies and Doraemon). As you can see, the one in your image is for the Orange Islands saga of the Pocket Monsters anime.

Really? Thanks for telling me. Like I said I always wondered... I'd like to have it, stuff like that has always interested me.

And you're welcome. :) I'll share even more cute SatoKasu pictures I find in the future. Also, welcome to the thread - I remember you from the PokeShipping thread on SPPf.

I'm looking forward whatever else you find. :) And yeah, I used to hang out there. Speaking of which, I remember you too. ^ ^

Welcome to the thread, Yoshi-kun!

If we want to talk genetics and anime hair, it's a lot more complicated than that. Long story short: after making some assumptions about their genetics and assuming that pink and blue hair work the same way that red hair does in real life, Ash and Misty's kid could indeed have a hair color with a very similar shade of pink to that seen in the trailer. However, their kid couldn't have blue hair; if they did, Misty's hair would be a combination of blue and mostly orange, which ends up looking like red-violet (pink works because the combination of pink and mostly orange just looks like orange). If anyone really wants to hear the full explanation of this, feel free to PM me. Be warned: if the particulars of genetics don't interest you, it's probably boring.

But actually, anime genetics are arbitrary, and I'm sure none of the Pokemon character artist gave a second thought to genetics, whether or not the girl is Ash and Misty's daughter.

Okay, you're right about the blue hair. I was being very loose with the genetics though, because knowing the anime they could use the logic of 'relation' = 'inherited characteristic'. Like you said, I doubt the artist cared.

Thanks for the welcome!

Welcome, Yoshi-Kun!

I have another trailer-related question for everyone.
Below is the japanese trailer for Pokemon 2000:

[video=youtube;Q-k6BoH9h2U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-k6BoH9h2U[/video]

I know it's a horrendous quality, but if you pause the video at about 10 or 11 seconds in, you can see that Misty is in tears as Ash falls off the cliff (it's very unclear in this video, but I saw a higher quality version of it a while ago and I can assure you it's there). What does anyone think about this? Could it be classed as a hint (albeit an unofficial one), and why was this scene not included in the final version of the film?

I have another trailer-related question for everyone.
Below is the japanese trailer for Pokemon 2000:

[video=youtube;Q-k6BoH9h2U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-k6BoH9h2U[/video]

I know it's a horrendous quality, but if you pause the video at about 10 or 11 seconds in, you can see that Misty is in tears as Ash falls off the cliff (it's very unclear in this video, but I saw a higher quality version of it a while ago and I can assure you it's there). What does anyone think about this? Could it be classed as a hint (albeit an unofficial one), and why was this scene not included in the final version of the film?

I think it can be called a hint. Misty has never reacted that strongly when someone else was in possible danger. Shows how much she cares about his safety. As to why it wasn't included, I don't know. Maybe they thought it would push PS too much considering all the other hints we got in the film.

Last edited:
Thanks for that trailer! I've been looking for that one for ages. It's one of my favorites. One reason for that being Kasumi, who looks absolutely heartbroken when Satoshi jumps off the cliff. (Another is because Satoshi looks really cool in the first shot of the trailer.)

dKGJFuv.jpg

To answer your question, there are always plenty of scenes made specifically for the trailers. Every Pokemon movie's been like this. The fact that they show it at all, though, I consider it a hint in terms of "creator's intentions".

Last edited:
Personally, I believe that trailer is a hint. I agree with AvidPSFan aswell.

Oh how I have missed PokeShipping. <3. I have just been getting to distracted by alot of other anime pairings for the past few years. I need to get back into it.

Something I just noticed! said:
H8HpMUO.jpg

"NOOOOO! MY FUTURE CHILD SUPPORT MONEY!"

Notice how Kasumi is more worried about Satoshi than his own mom. That's all that needs to be said here.

Something I just noticed! said:
H8HpMUO.jpg

"NOOOOO! MY FUTURE CHILD SUPPORT MONEY!"

Notice how Kasumi is more worried about Satoshi than his own mom. That's all that needs to be said here.

DEAD @ the caption! But yeah, good catch. This isn't the only time Misty has shown she worries more over Ash than Delia.

From TONBO's (Sei Jun) Pokemon doujin:

fxkANqz.jpg

Yzb2ipe.jpg

uF6iZK1.jpg

Since Satoshi = Anime Red, SatoKasu/PokeShipping being the anime's version of "ReKasu" (GamePokeShipping or HanadaShipping), I think this is an appropriate place to share this. TONBO seems to write his Red and Kasumi's personalities based off of their anime versions anyway, so their interaction in these scenes here feel totally like classic PokeShipping from the anime.

;P Also, awkward denial of feelings, just like Anime Kasumi.

pDMsoGp.jpg

6XjDGBE.jpg

There appears to be a two-year age gap between these two, just like Satoshi and Kasumi in the Dengeki Pikachu manga (they're the same age in the anime). Like younger guys, much? xD

Here's a PokeShippy/HanadaShippy doodle from the same guy:

c0LUrMV.jpg

Last edited:
I'm totally not late to the party. But hey, I'm here now!

Anyway, I've supported Pokeshipping for quite some time. It's just seemed pretty obvious to me, and I get the feeling that's what the creators intended. When I was a kid, I didn't really notice that Ash and Misty seemed to have a crush, but then, for nostalgia's sake, I started re-watching the show (I was about 13, I think). And it just kinda sunk in, bit by bit, until I was absolutely convinced of it. And then I was just going through this thread today, and I saw that thing about Misty being shown in the ending of recent Pokemon episodes. My initial reaction was literally "Oh my God is the show ending permanently or something?! Is sixth gen the final gen?"

Which then begged an entirely different question (or maybe it was unrelated and randomly popped up in my brain, because my brain is weird like that). If Ash and Misty WERE to get together, would it really work out in the end?

Welcome Flame1819!

If Ash and Misty WERE to get together, would it really work out in the end?

I honestly think it would, and here's why: they've got their differences but they respect each other. The differences are important. When two people who are the same, things get boring between them quickly. The "spark" between them would quickly go out. However, differences could create a rift between them, and that's where the respect comes in. As long as they can acknowledge those differences and learn from each other through them, that rift won't form. That's just my take on it.

Welcome Flame1819!

I honestly think it would, and here's why: they've got their differences but they respect each other. The differences are important. When two people who are the same, things get boring between them quickly. The "spark" between them would quickly go out. However, differences could create a rift between them, and that's where the respect comes in. As long as they can acknowledge those differences and learn from each other through them, that rift won't form. That's just my take on it.

I agree. In fact, some of my favorite couples have significant differences between them and that's what draws me to them. The chemistry that comes from those differences.

Back
Top Bottom