• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Will Ash win the league in Kalos????

Nope. I don't think that they'll ever let Ash win a game region League. It would be nice if he could get to the Top 4 again, depending on if his skills in XY warrant getting that far like they did in DP, but I think that winning the whole League isn't going to happen. Giving Ash some significant accomplishment in XY would be really nice though.

They could do a champions league thing and let Ash win a league. But that will probably not happen so Ash will not win a league until they change the gameplay of the games or they decide to change protantagonist.

Anyone who still believes he is ever going to win a major league is yet to get the pattern.

They could do a champions league thing and let Ash win a league. But that will probably not happen so Ash will not win a league until they change the gameplay of the games or they decide to change protantagonist.

They hinted at something similar in DP, but didn't deliver. I'm not hopeful this go-round.

Honestly, I think no. Ash probably won't win a League anytime soon, as that seems to be one of his goals--if he wins a League title, will he really want to continue with his journey?

Me, I could see that as the absolute ending of the show: Ash goes up against a Champion and gets an epic win, so he decides he's become a Master and retires. But that's just me thinking out loud.

They hinted at something similar in DP, but didn't deliver. I'm not hopeful this go-round.
Everything can happen. And a Champions League will give the writers a chance to use old characters like Paul, Tyson or Virgil. And a Champions League could be a filler saga too.

Honestly, I think no. Ash probably won't win a League anytime soon, as that seems to be one of his goals--if he wins a League title, will he really want to continue with his journey?

Me, I could see that as the absolute ending of the show: Ash goes up against a Champion and gets an epic win, so he decides he's become a Master and retires. But that's just me thinking out loud.

Not necessarily the end, as I've suggested many times on other threads. (Do I need to do so again?)

While I want to say yes, the answer is clearly no. If Ash won a league, he would fight in the Champion League. We all know that he would probably lose at some point in the chain, and than what? Would he keep training until he won, or would he just ignore the Elite 4 and move onto another region?

And if he somehow managed to win the Champion title, what would he do? I'm not sure he would be allowed in other leagues, which would make his gym battle quest stop. Obviously I have no idea how it would work out, but I feel that it would be somewhat confusing.

If he ever wins any league, I'd love it to be the Kanto League. I don't wanna start a whole discussion about this, but it kills me to this day wondering who Ash would face in the champion battle.

And if he somehow managed to win the Champion title, what would he do? I'm not sure he would be allowed in other leagues, which would make his gym battle quest stop. Obviously I have no idea how it would work out, but I feel that it would be somewhat confusing.
Maybe Ash will have as a goal to become a champion in every single region. That could make him be allowed in other leagues but he wins something too.

I think the best he can hope for is 2nd like Dawn got in the Grand Festival.
I'd love to see him win the League Tournament and go on to face the Elite 4, possibly defeat them, but then lose to the Champion.
I think that would show him as a really great trainer, but not quite reach his goal and therefore allowing him to continue on to the new region.

No.

Also, isn't it too early to be talking about this topic as obvious the outcome is?

Well Ash has to collect 8 badges and enter the Pokémon League as long as the games keep doing that. So it would probably make more sense for that quest to be inspired by a loss rather than a victory.

I doubt that they would let Ash go through the Champion League. They didn't bother to do that in DP when it was first brought up, so I really can't see them doing it in this series.

Silverwynde said:

He probably would. Even if he won a League, he would probably want to travel to new places to see new Pokemon, make new friends and have more battles.

Most likely not, since the writers seem to want Ash to be as much of a failure as possible, they don't want him to move on in his life, and instead have him live in an endless loop because as long as new games are being made, they cannot get rid of Ash because they are paranoid that replacing him will cause people to turn away from the franchise and they will lose money. And considering that his losses in each league have gotten worse each generation and each league has been rushed faster and faster, it's likely he will have a really bad loss this time. Face it, the anime writers hate victories.

One of the writers of the anime said a few years back that if Ash won a league, the series would automatically end, and I think that is a lie, because the series is still capable of continuing even if Ash wins a league, it would allow him to face greater challenges and stronger trainers, and he would go to other regions and face their leagues so he can become more well known, it would allow progress in his life and to reach higher goals. Instead the anime writers are too paranoid that people will turn away from the franchise if they made any significant changes to the show that they resort to redundancy because they feel it makes the franchise money that way.

*sigh* Do I need to keep suggesting this? Have Ash win a league, and then he mentors a rookie trainer in the next region. A thought like that never occurred to TPTB?

Probably not, be we can all dream, can't we?

As long as he can get, Top 4 or something, I'll be good. ANYTHING is better than what we got in BW.

I'd like to see him get at least a legitimate Tobias-level challenge, though. Not one plagued with legendaries.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom