• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Shiny Creation Trio events confirmed for US and EU. ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Shiny Creation Trio events confirmed for US and EU. ...

The Pokémon Company International announces shiny legendary Pokémon distributions for the United States and Europe, leading up to XY's launch.

Read more on Bulbanews

I'm glad they're making it available for the original BW. Saves me from having to rent BW2 sometime just to get them.

Don't care about shiny Palkia or Dialga, but shiny Giratina? Heck yes

Now I just need to make time to head to GameStop during these times to get my first event Pokémon. And it's sure better than trying to get copies of the Sinnoh games to get the creation trio through Dream Radar.

Ooh, ooh, I want them all! :D

Shiny Palkia isn't anything special, but I dig shiny Dialga and shiny Giratina! I'll get the first one when I go pick up my copy of New Super Luigi U since it comes out at that time! ^^

I was hoping the states would get this. I'm really looking forward to it. While Palkia is fairly bland to me, Dialga and Giratina are must-haves! Gives me a reason to head to GameStop before XY are released (trying not to buy any games at GameStop to save my credits until XY come out). I can't wait for this! And it's nice that it'll be for both BW and BW2 games, not just one set or the other. Can't wait!

Wow. Awesome. And it's rather strange. What's the theme/motive for distributing these Pokemon? Red Genesect and Mewtwo would have made more sense, seeing as Plasma Blast and Rumble U both get released next month. Rumble U features Red Genesect, and Mewtwo's new forme debuts in XY. It seems like they just decided to distribute these Pokemon out of the blue. Japan hasn't even had these.. Nice treatment for us, if that's the case.

Last edited:
Aw man...GameStop exclusives? I was hoping they'd be over Wifi, since my Gamestop doesn't do that stuff...(Atleast, they didn't for the Meleoetta event.)
Oh well. I got my Action Replay and the Sinjoh Ruins stuff. I'll be fine. >83

Yes
Spr_5b_484_s.png

YES!
Spr_5b_483_s.png

YESSS!!!!!
Spr_5b_487O_s.png

I'll get Dialga when I go to get Saints Row IV at my Gamestop and I'll get Giratina when I go to get X&Y. Hopefully the informative Cashier is there in case the event isn't up and she can give me a good answer. The guys who work there are morons(Besides the manager but he is only there mostly for midnight releases and handing out checks)

I'll get Dialga when I go to get Saints Row IV at my Gamestop and I'll get Giratina when I go to get X&Y. Hopefully the informative Cashier is there in case the event isn't up and she can give me a good answer. The guys who work there are morons(Besides the manager but he is only there mostly for midnight releases and handing out checks)

The main cashier I see at my local GameStop just so happens to be the manager, and he knows me.

So, we don't know their levels then? I hope they're reasonable, but I'll understand if they're low-ish, like the shiny beasts.

Here's what I hope for

-Useful unlearnable moves
-Not nature locked(aren't most shiny events though?)
- Not level 100(Even though they can still be EV trained in 5th gen thanks to the new mechanics)

Once again, an event that isn't using Wifi...

It is stupid. Wifi= right at my home. Gamestop= several miles from my home. They better stop with all the in-store events come gen VI. I am tired of driving out of town just for a pokemon.

Sorry, my post turned into a rant, but it is completely supid how they refuse to do all of these over wifi

Why? Having these at stores are basically advertising the new games at that store and are telling people to come there to buy them. Ever heard of you win some and lose some?

Aaaaugh...Shiny Giratina has mesmerized me for so long, and now I'm likely going to miss this event as I don't own BW or B2W2. Still, I love how Shiny Giratina's getting a lot of love compared to its brethren Shiny colorations :spin: (as Giratina's Shiny sprite looks radically different to the normal sprite, compared to the Shiny sprites for Dialga/Palkia which seemingly resemble just lighter-shaded/darker-shaded variants of the respective normal sprites).

Good job on offering the event for all of the Generation 5 handheld main series games, not just B2W2 simply because they're "newer". Although I'm wondering why the DPPt Dragon mascots were chosen at all; you would think the shiny forms of the 'newer' Reshiram or Zekrom (since shiny forms of those 2 Pokemon are apparently impossible to legitimately obtain in-game) would be promoted instead. I'm guessing the Sinnoh dragons were offered because of their limited availability in Generation 5 (as in, not at all sans Dream Radar, events, and/or hacking) compared to the slightly more available Tao Dragon Trio (each available twice in some form). Red Genesect (and maybe a 'Normal Forme' Mewtwo) would've made much more sense IMO, due to the numerous tie-ins plus the upcoming English dub of the ExtremeSpeed Genesect movie... I suspect that we'll probably be getting a Mewtwo in XY anyway because it doesn't make much sense to introduce a new Forme prior to the game's release without making the relevant Pokemon obtainable in-game, but Deoxys (got 2 new Formes in FR/LG when it was promoted a little more, plus the Speed Forme when Emerald was released, yet is unobtainable in-game in any handheld main series Generation 3 game) begs to differ.

Once again, an event that isn't using Wifi...

It is stupid. Wifi= right at my home. Gamestop= several miles from my home. They better stop with all the in-store events come gen VI. I am tired of driving out of town just for a pokemon.

Sorry, my post turned into a rant, but it is completely supid how they refuse to do all of these over wifi

Why? Having these at stores are basically advertising the new games at that store and are telling people to come there to buy them. Ever heard of you win some and lose some?

Honestly, in this age of Wi-Fi and Pokemon, couldn't Nintendo/Game Freak just do the distribution both ways? Not everyone has Wi-Fi readily available and some people may have to travel far to reach a game store (farther, if it's limited to a particular chain such as GameStop), and I don't see the harm in offering the distribution both ways. I mean, I would think that if you find out about said in-store distribution from an online news outlet, you would already know about the existence of Pokemon X and Y anyway. And Giratina's U.S. distribution time period is the only one (in my opinion, at least) that works well, as it overlaps with the release of XY (Sept. 30, 2013 - Oct. 20, 2013, overlapping with Oct. 12, 2013).

Additionally, with the "simultaneous worldwide release" and "multiple languages" facets of XY being mentioned frequently, it appears that Nintendo and Game Freak are trying to make XY more accessible to fans, so if the 'Sinnoh dragon trio' distribution is being used to advertise/encourage the purchase of said games, you might as well make the event itself accessible to as many users as possible for as long as you can (apparently, the U.K. distribution time periods are overall shorter than the U.S. ones, and then there's the areas that might not be getting such an in-store distribution at all).

I'd personally prefer if events were just done away with entirely in Generation 6... Yeah, they're great for advertising, but it gets especially irritating when you know about them and plan to get the associated games with them at some point, but just miss out on the specific time period that the event is being offered, so the 'advertising' in essence does nothing for you.

Last edited:
The reason its not over wifi is probably because gamestop pays them to get events i'd imagine or has a deal in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom