• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mega Evolution

What is your favorite Mega Evolution?

• Total voters

Zeb

what is your spaghetti policy here?
Reaction score
People are probably going to have a lot to say and discuss about this, so regardless of your views on the topic, please keep things civil with one another.

A new feature in XY is Mega Evolution. It involves certain Pokemon becoming more powerful versions of themselves and they change the way they look and sometimes their types and abilities. They don't seem to be actual evolutions and aren't referred to as formes either, so it seems possible that they are more like "super-charged" versions of the Pokemon.

Here's what we know so far:

Pokemon:
-Mega Mawile is Steel/Fairy with Huge Power. It has increased Def and Sp.Def stats.
-Mega Ampharos is Electric/Dragon with Mold Breaker. Seems it can now learn Dragon attacks.
-Mega Absol is Dark with Magic Bounce. It has increased Atk and Speed.
-Mega Lucario is Fighting/Steel with Adaptability. It has increased Atk.
-Mega Blaziken is Fire/Fighting with Speed Boost. It has increased Atk.
-Mega Mewtwo is Psychic with Insomnia. It has increased Sp.Atk.
-Mega Kangaskhan has the new ability Parental Bond which allows it to attack twice. Any type and stat changes are currently unknown.

Information:
-They are only activated during battle and appear to be super-charged versions of the Pokemon.
-You can only have one per team.
-The Pokemon needs to be holding their specific Mega Stone as well as other, so far unspecified, requirements before it can transform.
-The new gym leader Korrina is said to know all about Mega Evolution.
-The Tower of Mastery in Shalour City is said to hold some secrets of Mega Evolution.
-Torchic is to be given over Wi-Fi from Oct 12th to Jan 2014 with its Mega Stone, Blazikenite, to be used to get MegaBlaziken.

Last edited:
Re: Mega Evolution Discussion

I think they're pointless and unnecessary. Blaziken was fine, Lucario was fine, Ampharos was fine. Just stick to making new evolutions for a few old Pokémon GameFreak.

Last edited:
Mega Evolutions Discussion/Speculation

What we know so far:

August 8th:
- Mega Evolution allows a Pokémon to change into a "mega" version of itself.
- A mysterious item known as a "Mega Stone" was mentioned. It may factor in with the actual "mega" evolution, but we do not know.
- Mewtwo, Blaziken, Lucario, Absol, Mawile and Ampharos are all confirmed to have "mega" evolution.

What other Pokémon will get a "mega" evolution? Is this a permanent evolution or only a "forme" since Mewtwo can freely change between normal and "mega" in Movie 16?

Discuss!

Even though I love the designs of the Mega Evolution Pokemon, the concept irks me simply due to how annoying this will be in the future.

Mawile should have received an evolved form. Not just some in battle only power-up.

I don't know how I would have dealt with this hearing it in rumors, but seeing it, this is just magnificent to me. I don't care if it's Digimonish: they look awesome, the concept is super cool, and we all know that Pokemon and Digimon are the same thing anyway.

Mawile, Absol, and Ampharos will actually be usable competitively now, and Lucario and Blaziken probably just introduced their own tier.

I'm just wondering what other Megas we'll be getting. This is way too cool!

I have no problem with the concept being Digimon-like, I love Digimon and I find Pokemon's take on it very interesting, but I have issues with their designs. Mega Lucario's is by far the worst, so incredibly over-the-top.

Who moved my thread? Just because Zeb posted minutes before me doesn't mean mine should get moved! Mine had more detail! Please un-move it!

Wow. This is very, very Digimon. I don't say this with any criticism since I love Digimon and that franchise is dead, but wow.

Oh and I think the second forme of Mewtwo in Mageleif's leaks might turn out to be MegaMew, because it was described as looking similar to Mew (and having two MegaMewtwo would make no sense).

I like the look and typing of MegaAmpharos, and Steel/Fairy MegaMawile with Huge Power is interesting... but still not sold on it. I feel better about it now than I did earlier, though.

I don't really like them, especially some of the designs. A lot of them look so over designed that they look like fan made evos...

I like Mawile's the most. Too bad it's not a true evo and it won't stay that way :/

Also, if Blaziken gets it, I hope ALL the starters get a Mega Form.

Also, Pikachu - since having Pikachu transform in every battle in the anime might actually get me to give a damn about him again.

I really wanted to post on here earlier, but Bulbagarden wasn't working. Now that I can access the forum, I can finally state what has been running in my thoughts all day:

MEGA AMPHAROS! MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS! MEGA F***ING AMPHAROS! HOLY S***! THIS MUST BE A DREAM! IT MUST BE! IT CAN'T EVEN BE POSSIBLE! ELECTRIC DRAGON HOLY S***! MOLD BREAKER ABILITY TO COUNTER LIGHTNINGROD! F*** YEAH!

Oh, the other mega forms look good too, especially Mawile's, but Ampharos finally got the attention it needed.

I can't wait to Digivole my Digimon, errr, Pokemon.

I can't really say if I am all up for this concept. It's very surprising yes, so they certainly got it right with the "biggest scoop of the century", as this changes a lot of things. However it's basically just another way of saying "new formes", and I was kind of already getting fairly fed up with the number of them. And now that we have this, it's only going to give Game Freak incentive to essentially make more formes.

Mega Ampharos is disappointing too, at least to me.

MEGA AMPHAROS! MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS! MEGA F***ING AMPHAROS! HOLY S***! THIS MUST BE A DREAM! IT MUST BE! IT CAN'T EVEN BE POSSIBLE! ELECTRIC DRAGON HOLY S***! MOLD BREAKER ABILITY TO COUNTER LIGHTNINGROD! F*** YEAH!

I keep on telling people that Ampharos is a Dragon but nobody believed it.

WHO IS LAUGHING NOW?!

And people thought Gen IV was crazy with the Formes, lulz.

I love the Mega evolutions, not quite sold on Lucario's mega evolution though as it looks really strange. Though Ampharos becoming Electric/Dragon is funny since it very name means 'electric dragon', haha. :D

People are like "No! It's a shaved sheep that just happens to look exactly like Dragonite sans wings! It can't be a dragon, it's not a Dragon-type!"

"Neither are Charizard and Gyarados-"

"Nope! Shaved sheep!"

I don't know yet whether I love Mega Evolutions or hate them, but if Blaziken gets one then every starter deserves one.

Lucario buuurst mooodo!!! I can already see myself yelling this when my Lucarii is in a pinch in battle . So congrats! This is our pokemon burst mode. I really hope that every single fully evolved pokemin to get a mega evo, otherwise the game will be unbalanced.

These Mega forms are looking awesome. Mawile and Ampharos can take down dragons now! Mawile gets the fairy-type and two jaws on its head. Absol gets wings and a cool looking tail. Blaziken and Lucario look even more badass. And Ampharos gets hair!

Waiting to see more mega-mons!

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom